Darwinia for windows

I regret asking this being that originaly ambrosia was just going to make mac games but is darwinia ever going to be on windows(full/registerable not demo)? only reason im asking is because this mac is a original iMac u know 333mhz processor 6meg video card 6gig hard drive utterly obsolete. the windows is 667mhz processor 128meg nvidia fx 5500 12gig and 120gig harddrive mostly obsolete. if its not coming for win please start a fund for a new comp or 2(one mac and one win) for me please.

sighs

It's an Introversion game, the Mac was just a port. It was originally made for windows.

Buy online

with out buying. ya'know ta see th real game not th demo, like here at ambrosia for example

wanna start my "new comp(s)" fund? 😄

This post has been edited by WonderBoy : 15 April 2005 - 04:50 PM

I am not quite sure what you are asking for, but I think you want to know if you can get the Windows version for free, as you have already paid for the Mac version and your computer is a POS.

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Nope.

If you want the Windows version, you will have to pay for it again. However, the game is (in some sense) originally a Windows game, so a few of the bugs in the Mac version are not a problem in the Windows version -- they have their own set of bugs! The full Windows version will be available for download, once the boys at IV get that system set up.

xander

And the demo is available on the official Darwinia site.

Agent_Vast, on Apr 15 2005, 11:28 PM, said:

And the demo is available on the official Darwinia site.
View Post

http://www.darwinia.co.uk/

Yes, I'd already posted that link.

Agent_Vast, on Apr 16 2005, 01:56 PM, said:

Yes, I'd already posted that link.
View Post

Oh yes. But WonderBoy evidently didn't figure out that's what it was, since you titled the link "Buy Online".

Well WonderBoy also said NOT THE DEMO VERSION!!! <_<

P.S. I never said I bought it because I dident

Edit: Compare the 2 versions demo for windows and mac completly different

This post has been edited by WonderBoy : 16 April 2005 - 07:35 PM

The demo for mac is the first two levels. The demo for Windows is the third level. If you want more than that, you're going to have to buy the game. Period. End of story.

Thank you, Naman, for clearing that up. Knowing that, is it worth buying for win? :unsure:

WonderBoy

Definitely.

If the Windows version doesn't have framerate issues, then yes.

A patch to fix the framerate issues is coming soon.

I'm going to have to get it for PC... It's amazing that OS 9 can't decipher OS X created disk images...

Intresting Note: Aparently the first PC demo lacked ANY kind of 'How to Play' help... They had to release a updated verson of the demo that included a turtoral and contextual help...

Also... Am I the only person who thinks that the Trunk Ports look like Stargates; heck, for that matter they even ACT like 'Gates...

Hunter 1, on Apr 18 2005, 12:13 AM, said:

Also... Am I the only person who thinks that the Trunk Ports look like Stargates; heck, for that matter they even ACT like 'Gates...
View Post

At some point of the game, the doctor says they're like a stargate, there's a lot of stuff borrowed from other things.

What can I say? I can't install it on my mac, i just downloaded the pc demo yesterday (sunday 4/17/05) and just bought the pc verson at 1:45 am MDT 4/18/05. Based on the web site, I won't get the game disk until next week at the earlyist, sometime next month at the latest. so it'll be a while until i get to that point in the game...

This post has been edited by Hunter 1 : 18 April 2005 - 02:57 AM

Hunter 1, on Apr 17 2005, 10:13 PM, said:

I'm going to have to get it for PC... It's amazing that OS 9 can't decipher OS X created disk images...View Post

They used an OS X disk image because the game won't run in OS 9. It has been ported for OS X only.

A patch to fix the framerate issues is coming soon.

Are we talking O(day), O(week), or O(month)?

A week, give or take three days or so.