stuck in the garden

can't even get past level 1!

probably a dumb q but............

My squads kept getting lost in transit between the two radar dishes. now i can't terminate them and I can't create any new ones either. have i done something completely stupid or overlooked something painfully obvious?

Can I free my squads from the beam and try again?

I tried to reset the location and start the level over but that didn't seem to do anything!?

PS I've been an Ambrosia fan since Apeiron and Barrack.

How long are you waiting? Remeber, radar dish transit is not instant... it takes a few seconds. The units being transfered go in one end, are turned into spirits, then pop out of the other end. Do the squads still appear in the task manager? If yes, you can still select them by hitting (TAB) in the task manager, then hit (CTRL) + (C) to terminate them. Actually, you can use (CTRL) + (C) to terminate any running program.

You could also use an engineer to capture the control tower at the other end of the radar connection, then create a squad there, though that is a less than ideal work around.

Other than that, I cannot really visualize the problem that you are having. The squads go into the beam. Da? Then, what? Their spirits don't appear in the beam? The never reappear at the other end? I am a bit unclear...

By the way, Darwinia is published by Ambrosia Software, but was created by Introversion Software. For all that I love ASW, give credit where credit is due. IV rocks.

xander

I've noticed that when you terminate a squad that is in tansit in a radar beam some interesting bugs sometimes pop up. Sometimes the squad will come out the other side even after it give you the program teminated message, and will still be there but not show up in the task manager. Perhaps something like that is happening?

I'd say reseting the level would be a good idea. Garden doesn't take a long time to complete.

darwinian, on Apr 14 2005, 02:25 AM, said:

How long are you waiting? Remeber, radar dish transit is not instant... it takes a few seconds. The units being transfered go in one end, are turned into spirits, then pop out of the other end. Do the squads still appear in the task manager? If yes, you can still select them by hitting (TAB) in the task manager, then hit (CTRL) + (C) to terminate them. Actually, you can use (CTRL) + (C) to terminate any running program.

You could also use an engineer to capture the control tower at the other end of the radar connection, then create a squad there, though that is a less than ideal work around.

Other than that, I cannot really visualize the problem that you are having. The squads go into the beam. Da? Then, what? Their spirits don't appear in the beam? The never reappear at the other end? I am a bit unclear...

By the way, Darwinia is published by Ambrosia Software, but was created by Introversion Software. For all that I love ASW, give credit where credit is due. IV rocks.

xander
View Post

just to give you some more information....

my first squad made it across but were wiped out. the next time the spirits went across but simply didn't pop out the other side. As far as I remember the next thing I did was to terminate that squad (successfully) and try again. The third squad again beamed across but did not appear at the other end and I could not terminate them or create another squad. At this point I decided to simply start over and selected "Reset Location". This resulted in all the viruses which I had killed being returned but my research objective was still showing as completed (ie I had grenades), the radar dishes were pointing at each other beaming away and I still can't create any new squads. No messages, No Syntax Error, just nothing happening when I draw the gesture and no response when I hit CTRL-C.

Is there possibly some way to completely reset the game? A prefs file I can delete somewhere?

As for Ambrosia and Introversion...... well I'm still an Ambrosia fan at least. Somehow tearing my hair out has not helped to create the kindest of first impressions of Introversion but there is still hope. Isn't there?

This post has been edited by shambobala : 14 April 2005 - 03:32 PM

shambobala, on Apr 14 2005, 08:30 PM, said:

Is there possibly some way to completely reset the game? A prefs file I can delete somewhere?

Yes. Find the directory ~/Library/Application Support/Darwinia/Full/ . Delete everything you see there. This will reset Darwinia to its factory settings. Alternately, you could create a new profile.

xander

This is a known bug as they cannot leave the dish or sometimes, even get in due to the land being raised over the door. All you can do now is wait until it's fixed

When sending units through the radar, click on the near radar dish rather than the far one.

This should all be fixed in the upcoming patch, which can be expected in the next couple weeks.