Radar camera issues on level 2

camera going wild

I'm running it on system 10.3.8 on a G4 466MHz with 640Mo RAM and ATI RAGE 128 pro.

I'm trying the demo and everything was fine until the Containment level (level 2). When I clicked a radar dish the camera became jumpy and the mouse arrow moved like crazy. I wasn't acting like that in the first level.

It appears that when I click on a radarfacing at 90 degree from the next radar (where I need to go) the camera acts like normal but the more I turn toward or away from the second radar (toward 0 or 180) the more my mouse arrow shakes left and right and moving the camera very fast making it impossible to aim it correcly.

Ditto--I have a G3 iMac (500mhz) with the same RAM and graphics card and it happens for me as well--it's horrible.

Alldogship, on Apr 1 2005, 07:36 AM, said:

I'm running it on system 10.3.8 on a G4 466MHz with 640Mo RAM and ATI RAGE 128 pro.

I'm trying the demo and everything was fine until the Containment level (level 2). When I clicked a radar dish the camera became jumpy and the mouse arrow moved like crazy. I wasn't acting like that in the first level.

It appears that when I click on a radarfacing at 90 degree from the next radar (where I need to go) the camera acts like normal but the more I turn toward or away from the second radar (toward 0 or 180) the more my mouse arrow shakes left and right and moving the camera very fast making it impossible to aim it correcly.
View Post

Same here, at 90 degrees away from the closest dish, the camera is fine, move it even a little and it starts to become jerky. Try and actually click on the dish you want to aim towards, and you get to have the camera go crazy for a bit, or until you deselect your dish.
G3 450mhz iMac, same graphics card. Wonder if the beta just didn't have anyone with a similar set up.
Wishes he had been chosen for the beta so that this bug could have been caught, since it's obvious that the game can run on a G3

This post has been edited by WraithSniper : 01 April 2005 - 04:47 PM

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what you're talking about. Do you have Snapz Pro to capture a movie of the problem?

Make sure its the registered version of Snapz Pro. 😛

I'm enjoying being able to set up a triangle of radar dishes, one goes to another, but that one goes to a different one miles away. 😄

CJM2, on Apr 2 2005, 10:54 AM, said:

Make sure its the registered version of Snapz Pro. 😛

I'm enjoying being able to set up a triangle of radar dishes, one goes to another, but that one goes to a different one miles away. 😄
View Post

Wow, I didn't know you could do that! 🙂 I had assumed that both dishes had to be pointing to each other... well, that sounds fun anyway.

For the record, although the FPS on Containment level was painfully slow at times (system spec in my sig) I had no trouble with the radar dish aligning.

To go on about the problem, I think it has to do with what is happening in the background. I tried to use Snapz pro but the shaking started even is I was in a 90 degree angle everytime Snapz pro was recording (and it came back to the original problem with the angle when I closed Snapz pro)

I made a movie of it anyway. I clicked on the radar and didn't toutch the mouse anymore.

mrxak, I sent you a link of it in the mail from your profile. I don't want to bust my only web space by puting a link direcly here

You can see the white arrow moving on the left and sometime on the top because it's moving on it's own.

(sorry, I don't have Snapz pro registered 😞 )

This post has been edited by Alldogship : 02 April 2005 - 11:03 AM

That can happen when you're getting an extremely low framerate. It looks like most of the graphics settings are all the way down, but it you could lower them a bit more, or take down sound option, that could help. You should also try zooming in close o the ground, so that less of the map is visible at once.

All is at minimum and it still do it, but I found a way to evade this.

Pressing F2 will prevent the camera to move with your mouse, so you align the camera to see the 2 radars, press the radar to align and quickly press F2.

I had the same problem, but I solved it by using the z-button zoom, and moving my mouse a little bit, waiting until the shakes go away, moving my mouse a little bit more, waiting until the shakes stopped, and so on until I could click on the other dish. it takes a little while, but I used some lull time after I had cleared the main isle to do it.

And Michael B- the dish merely has to be facing a receiving dish; you'll note that once a dish is facing another- no matter where the other is facing, you'll see a pathway going to it.- both dishes have to be facing one another only if you want the transport to be two-way, between those two dishes.

Deselect the radar dish. If that doesn't work, leave the location and come back again.

Agent_Vast, on Apr 3 2005, 06:27 PM, said:

Deselect the radar dish. If that doesn't work, leave the location and come back again.
View Post

That in no way prevents it. It just stops it at the moment. It happens whenever I select a dish in Containment, not merely during one game session.

Decrease the quality of the graphics, then.

Agent_Vast, on Apr 3 2005, 06:11 PM, said:

Decrease the quality of the graphics, then.
View Post

This is occuring on the lowest settings for me. I think it does have to do with the low frame rates, the game runs, just not very fast, so somehow that causes this to happen. It does explain why it doesn't happen on the first level, it puts less strain on the computer since it's smaller.
In any case, pressing F2 works great for now.

I have had the same problem. I found that if I use z to zoom the target camera for the dish it stops going wild. Hope that helps.

Rapscallion

Same thing happens for me, when I select a battle cannon on the Receiver level. I get the crosshairs and the camera just flicks about wildly. I'm suffering from low frame rates (~4fps), which seems to be causing/related to the problem.