Single mouse button controls

Make them gone!

Okay, so on the mac holding down the mouse button fires/sets orders/does thing. That's really annoying. I have two mouse buttons and I keep accidentally firing when I mean to move, or reseting my go-to order when I mean to move my officer (even worse!).

Can the "hold to do thing" control be turned off so only right mouse sets orders/fires?

Nope.

I have the same problem with officers, and it's really annoying, especially because half the time doing a really quick click often doesn't move it, prompting me to try to do a slightly longer click without resetting the Go-to order.

Please, please give us an option to make left-click for officers always for moving, and right-click for setting go-to orders

Open ~/Library/Applications Support/Darwinia/full/preferences.txt (~ means your home directory) and change the line:

ControlMouseButtons = 1

to

ControlMouseButtons = 2

That will disable the single mouse button controls. I do think it might be a good idea to have a checkbox in the in-game options screens.

awesome thanks.

Now registered. 😉

I tried out the fix, but now I can't use my squad's secondary weapon. Is there a way to change the secondary fire command to shift-right click, instead of shift-click?

Picquilarius, on Apr 1 2005, 10:58 PM, said:

I tried out the fix, but now I can't use my squad's secondary weapon. Is there a way to change the secondary fire command to shift-right click, instead of shift-click?
View Post

To fire secondary, left-click while holding the right button.

Guy, on Apr 2 2005, 02:05 AM, said:

To fire secondary, left-click while holding the right button.
View Post

Ah yes, of course...