Level 12 - somebody help!

I can never get past the single player level 12. Any tips?
Ps I only registered recently!

------------------

(This message has been edited by Midnight (edited 04-20-2000).)

Ok, here's a couple.

1. Immediately take a station. And watch out for the Cantharan ATR that starts near them. Take the station closest to you, first take the flak drone though, obvioulsy, because otherwise you lose your ATRs. The station's resource boost makes things easier later.

2. Try and take both drones if not both stations, and defend the one that's closest to the Cantharan planet.

3. If things still aren't going well, just ignore the stations, you can win without them. Just build up a force, don't let the Cantharans get any stations, and fly a transport AROUND, or just jump a good ways out of the way of the stations and tell the transport "go to my position" (Thanks to Adzara for that one, never thought of that.)

Don't feel bad, it took me a long time to get level 12, like 30 minutes.

------------------
Do you go to the country?
It isn't very far.
There's people there who will hurt you
because of who you are.

-Coffee and TV

I've completed them but how about level 16 or 17?

------------------

Level 16: Zoom to all right at the beggining. If the carrier is far from the inhibitor, jump over to it and toast it as quickly as posible. Then jump back and defend the science vessel. After that, the vessel should send the HVDs over to the inhibitor. Go with them and keep the gunship and cruiser off their backs. Once that's done, target the HVDs to yourself and jump back to the science vessel. Wait for reenforcements and win.

17 takes a long time, but isn't that hard. Just be sure to take the centre station as quickly as you can, and go from there. The resources bonus should be enough for you to overwhelm the Auds. Since your transport is still alive, take one of the side stations as well. Once your confident in your armada (target new ships built to the centre station to defend it and make faster travel to the aud planet...) attack the aud planet, and once you're babysitting the planet, build a transport.

------------------
Do you go to the country?
It isn't very far.
There's people there who will hurt you
because of who you are.

-Coffee and TV

lev. 16 is easy but i think it's a fun level.

lev. 17 is the level with all those @#$&%* rocks isn't it.....i hate that level!

------------------
ramble on..

I don't need any more hints I've completed all the single player levels. Thanks anyway.

------------------

The hardest levels on ares are 12,13,15,17,18 kind of

I beet 12 by waiting till all the cantharan ships have no energy left and at the same time building a large invasion force made up of about 30 gunships, 20 cruisers, and the rest transports. then attack the cantharan base. it will take a wile because of the numbers of cantharan ships, but eventually your transports will land and then you got it! can't help you on 13. it is (I think) the hardest level in the game with level 17

I think that 15 can be either the easiest or the hardest level, depending on how you do it. If you attack the Station with your HVD, it drows in the three carriers. They will give you one hell of a time. The way I prefer doing it(unless I'm REALLY bored) is attacking the Station with a gunship; it doesn't draw in the Carriers.

------------------
Long Live Apple! Long Live the Mac!