The Greecian Chronicles

#1 The Odysseon

A backround story for a plugin I'm making

553 NC - I had everything. I was a Vell-osian prince, the son of a Krypt-okh. Servants waited upon my hands and feet, enough wealth to buy whatever I chose, and immortal life were all mine. Diplomats from across the universe payed homage to me and my father, I had the best trainers in the universe, and great potential, a T1 psychic.
I remember it, it was the year of the war. Suspecting the Colonial Council to launch military incursions from Greecian Space, my father asked me to go visit the Senator of the Greecian Territories, to the Galactic South-West of the Vell-os, and this is where my story begins.
At that time, the Senator was dwelling on Ithaca, an island planet in the middle of Greecian Space. I was sitting in his hall, proclaiming, "If you do not stay neutral in this war, we will be forced to destroy everything beautiful in this world. You're whole world, this planet, and the others, dead. If you declare your independence and neutrality in this war, I can guarantee, win or lose, the Colonial Council will forget about your space."
"We can't just abandon our brothers!"
"Brothers! We have fought alongside you as long as they have...Believe me, the Vell-os have no wish to destroy you and your families, but if you do not make a decisive decision, we will."
"You must give me some time, I will discuss this with the rulers of the planets via hologram...but you must give me some time."
I nodded, knowing I had scared the man, and I nodded, turning, I walked out of the door, followed by my four T2 bodyguards. Suddenly, as I was walking down the hallways to our quarters, a beautiful young lady scurried across the hall.
Now, I had lived in Vell-os space since the coming of the Colonial Council, but never had I seen such a beautiful face. Never before had I seen the likes of her, her locks like the golden rays of the stars themselves, and in my heart, I knew she loved me. "Wait!" I called out after her.
She turned, "Yes?" she asked in a trembling voice.
"What are you called?"
"Adenin, I am the Senator's daughter."
"Adenin, I would be honored if you would join me for dinner?" I motioned, and my body-guards left me...

It was the end of the night, and I was walking her to her rooms..."I really enjoyed tonight, Yhiir." she said, pronouncing my name as I had taught her. "Me too, Adenin," I said.
She looked up at me, we had reached her room, "Tomorrow?" she asked hopefully.
"You want to do something?"
"I'd enjoy a walk along the beach."
I nodded.
She hugged me, and looking up at me, gave me a peck, and then I was left standing outside of her doors.

(five months later) <yhiir what is taking so long>
<father negotiations are taking longer than expected i believe i have won them to our side though>
<we need you back on the front lines you are one of our more experienced telepaths>
<i will tell you as soon as i can father>
<one more thing>
<yes>
<the girl when is your marriage>
<father>
<when>
<two months>
I could sense father shaking his head, <i will be there> then only silence as our link was broken again.

Ten years later, I had still not yet gone to war. But I had been married for almost that amount of time, and my wife was pregnant with our first child. It was that fateful August day when a servant arrived at my door, "Sir, you have a guest."
I followed the servant down to the meeting room where six psychics stood, waiting for me. At their head was my brother, "Come, you must fulfill your promises to us, your brethren." I looked back at my wife, who was watching from the door.
"Fulfill your promise." he was saying.
I sighed, "Give me until-"
"No." he said.
"What?"
"No. It is time, you have had your time. In five minutes, we leave, and you come with us." he said, storming out of the building, and giving me the chance to wish my wife goodbye. I kissed her, "I'll be back."

(Twenty years later)
Hologram :: Colonial Council Space
"The Federation penetrated the neutral state of Greece last week in attempt to invade the Vell-os space. Early this morning, the Vell-os launched a surprise attack on several of the systems, completely massacaring all Colonial Council fleets in the area. No survivors have been reported."

I ran inside the Senator's house, his had been burned down by the Colonial Council intruders. I figured that my wife might have fled to her father. When I arrived, the Senator was sitting at the table, none of the servants were around, and the only light in the house was a faint hearth that he was warming his hands by. I sat down, not wanting to read my father-in-law's thoughts. He had grayed signifigantly, and his receeding hair line had worsened. "What do you want?"
"To see my wife and son."
He chuckled, looking at me. "On Ancient Earth, there was a great warrior named Odysseus. He went to war, and was forced to wander the earth for twenty years, before he finally arrived home." he said, and told him the whole story of Odysseus.
"What is your point?"
"You, like Odysseus, went to war. You, like Odysseus, are forced to wander for twenty years. You, like Odysseus, are a great hero. You, like Odysseus, wondered if you would ever return here. However, unlike Odysseus, you will never see your child and wife again..."
"NO!!" I said, reading the old man's thoughts, who had gone quite mad, but was telling the truth. I surged all the energy in my body, and floated into the air, taking all my anger out on the universe. I wove a new home for my thoughts, I built a purple Crystal that would fly the univers. I filled it with all my intelligence, with all my potent, with all my anger. I had imbued this Nanite with my whole universe. The skies of Ithaca darkened with my anger, and suddenly I was done.
Giving one last heart breaking scream, "Adenin!" and my body fell into a hole in the ground, to be buried with it's lover....Dead.
Without a home, the nanite launched itself away from my body...across the universe, looking for those who had caused all the angst it was filled with...
And still in the house of the Senator was the old man himself, laughing like a madman...

1170 NC
Hologram :: Greecian Space
"And in the Molliari system the Federation was closing in on a much-needed cargo convoy, until the sudden appearance of a strange creature destroyed the Federation. This is the fifth appearance this year of the 'Odysseon', nobody is certain of where it came from but..."

This post has been edited by Charon : 10 June 2006 - 02:53 PM