Through the Eyes of a Predator

The Greetings

I was just in the weight room, puttin up about three-fifty on the bench, my average for artificial gravity when I heard the alarms sounding, and I acknowledged we'd be out of hyperspace in a minute or two. My name, Jack Williams, my rank, Captain of an elite Federation Commando Team, my position, Commander of Boarding Parties on the F.S.S. Trojan. I grunted as I finished off my last reps and wiped my forehead with a sweat towel. "Pack 'er up." I said loud enough for the rest of my men and woman in the weight room to here and began puttin away my weights. After that was done, I headed towards my quarters and had a pleasant steamy shower. Just as I was shampooing my hair, I heard another alarm go off, and my whole chambers blinked red. Battle Stations. I finished rinsing, dried off hastily, and pulled on my combat equipment before heading towards the Bridge.
"Captain, I'm here." I said, grinning.
My older brother slapped my back and shook my hand, "Glad to know it laddie."
"Exactly why are we being attacked and by who?" I asked inquisitively.
"An Auroran Cruiser. The Thiiro."
"What's she doin this far north?" We were after all in the Capella system.
He shrugged, "I just got orders to board her though."
"Alright, I'll get to the boarding deck." Whether we won and boarded, or they won and boarded, we'd be wanted there.

At the boarding deck, I met my team of thirty or so highly trained operatives. "You boys ready?" I asked them.
They nodded and cheered. I waited in silence. There was screaming everywhere, every now and then the ship would be rocked by an explosion, but from the tone of the screams, it sounded like we were getting the upper hand. Finally the first mate, Tubbins, wiped his sweaty brow as he managed his way down the hallway, "Prepare to board maties!" he screamed with us chearing.
I grinned at all my men and women, "Alright boys, you know what you're up against. We haven't gone up against Aurorans in quite awhile. They almost got the best of us last time, but I'm confident we'll do fine. Man up and let's do this." I said grinning and the cheered.
It was nearly twenty minutes before I got the okay to decompress the airlocks. As we opened it up, we were suddenly hit by Auroran blaster hail. Gripping my gun, I jumped into their deck, fired a couple shots into the enemy ranks, and hit the ground rolling. As I hit the wall I reached into my belt and retrieved a Stun Grenade. I hurled it a good fifty yards, and ducked my head into my knees, putting my spine against the wall. After the flash, I stood up to see the fleeting Auroran Warrior who seemed to be their lead man nod at me and rush into a hallway.
Gripping my gun, I raced after him. It was chaos, warriors battling everywhere, Auroran against Federation, but I was looking for my prey.
I entered the cockpit, and ducked instinctively as three blaster bolts hurled over my head and missed me slightly by mere chance. I hit the ground, but my gun slid out of my hand and underneath some chair. I reached down and gripped my sword, prayed a quick prayer, and launched up. All things that go up must go down however, and I ducked down and chop blocked some overbearing warrior with my machete. He fell, and I barely had time to hit him in the temple before I was picked up and thrown against the wall. I rolled to the side as his knife plunged deep into the metal. Then I kicked him where no man should be kicked and hit his neck so he was poleaxed.
Standing up, feeling adrenaline rushing throughout my veins, I looked for their commander. He only grinned at me and nodded in congratulations of defeating his two minions before launching himself at me. I slipped to the side and tripped him. Then I lost my head. I dived for him so as to pin him to the ground, but he was to quick and slid to the side. I fell to the ground and hit it hard. However, I gripped his hand that had the sword and cracked the wrist so that he dropped it. Before I could see it coming, his other fist was flying straight through the air and hurtled into my skull. The shock alone made me let go of him. He shook his head, said something in Auroran, then laughed. He picked up his sword, and carved a line on my right brow. "So you don't forget," he grunted, then spoke louder, "You are the only one who has ever managed to disarm me." he said in Basic, "For that I honor you by calling you my death enemy. I would kill you now, but there is no honor in fighting like curs. What glory would I receive for my fellow Heraaniis then? No, I will meet you again when you have grown in your skill. Till then, good bye." He said, as he headed towards the escape pod, I asked him, "Your name?"
He grinned at me, "Terakniis." Then he was gone.

Two days later I was still only able to eat applesauce, even though the doctor said I would heal quite soon. I started training more and more. He was a Death enemy, whatever that was, and I would show him the honor of preparing well to kill him.

I wrote this story in about half an hour to twenty minutes. I got the title from a song, and I'm planning on adding more short little stories when I have time to. Until next time, adios