Replicant read

I just got an e-mail from you addressed to the beta list saying only now that topic about cracking Hera has been deleted, and it was posted about a week ago. The strange thing is, I sent out a similar e-mail the day that blasted thing appeared and my plee to delete it fell on deaf ears. That scares me that something as big as that can go unnoticed for so long. Heres to hoping it won't happen again, or we're in trouble.

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could devise it. We will line all our ships up and fly straight at the enemy death cannons therefore clogging them with wreckage.

Laguanacant spell...

------------------
Would you like to ride on your own ass?
-Advertisement for donkey rides in Thailand

Quiet, I'm in a bad mood. You're just angry because you were banned from GR.

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could devise it. We will line all our ships up and fly straight at the enemy death cannons therefore clogging them with wreckage.

For the longest time, my email was down. I applied for adminship, but since I didn't have email, couldn't receive any information about it (and so didn't know how to use it).

I finally picked up a Hotmail account, and received the information there. But my regular account - the one that receives all the beta mailings - was still down, so I didn't get your message.

When I came upon that topic and saw how bad it was, I deleted the whole damn thing. Likewise I deleted a post in another topic that was about hacking.

As for the post not being deleted sooner... remember, Ambrosia has admins for a reason - they're too busy to do it. If it scares you that none of the four admins went out and deleted it, remember, I was only an admin in name, Pax and Vegeta were gone, and I'm not too sure whether Sundered Angel was active/on the beta list.

------------------
Replicant
www.axis.n3.net

Thats fair enough and no, Sundered Angel is not on the Beta list.

------------------

I'm on the beta list as well, but at the point I saw the thread, there was no threat to anyone actually cracking the password - all I saw that people had found the public beta folder, which isn't really an accomplishment. I don't have time to patrol these boards as often as I would like, I'm just the ares@ambrosiasw.com email person who answers all the email that comes in there, Sundered and I have agreed to split the duties - he does the regular patrolling of the forums, and I deal with all the email. It was just an unfortunant coincidence that Replicant's email was down, and Sundered not being on the list, and my not reading the forums. Apologies.

------------------
Pax - Drew Harry
sagitar@earthlink.net
(url="http://"http://www.axis.n3.net/")Ares Axis - axis.n3.net(/url)

"...they say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?" - Terminal 2, Where are monsters in dreams, Marathon Infinity

You're right, I'm not on the Beta list. :frown:

I did actually notice that thread, but as with Pax I wasn't too worried, not seeing any more than a link to the file (Which I censored- I actually got a complaint about that).

If you do see any similar infringements, notify the moderators at (url="http://"mailto:ares@ambrosiasw.com")mailto:ares@ambrosiasw.com(/url)ares@ambrosiasw.com