Calling all Ares fans

We are currently looking for 2 new admins for the Ares web site. They will join Pax and Vegata in maintaining the site.

Before you offer to volunteer, please read this excerpt from the "Ambrosia Web Site Admin Handbook":

While your role as an admin is an asset to community that is built around a particular game, it's a responsibility as well as a privilege. People depend on you to keep the web site reasonably up to date, and though we've tried to make it as easy as possible for you to accomplish this, there still is some work involved.

If at any time you feel you can't diligently perform your duties as an admin, consider that it might be time to pass the torch on to someone else who can. Should this happen, or should you need any other kind of assistance, please contact webmaster@AmbrosiaSW.com and elaborate on the situation: don't take it in your own hands to "hire" anyone to assist you.

Responsibilities of an admin include reviewing and releasing files people upload (making sure they all have a proper description), reviewing and releasing Newswire items people submit, reviewing and releasing Chronicles people write, moderating the Web Board, verifying links in the Web Links area, and general community support.

I estimate that it will take a few hours per week to perform these duties.

If you are interested in the position, please first consider if you have the time and motivation to undertake such an enterprise. If you still are interested, please eMail me:

a) Your preferred eMail address
🆒 Your Ambrosia Web Board user name
c) Any comments you have about why you'd like the position

andrew@AmbrosiaSW.com

Thanks in advance. Our goal is to have 4 admins working in tandem to keep the site actively updated.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

(This message has been edited by andrew (edited 04-08-2000).)

Do you get to ban people? 😄

------------------
In accepting the inevitable, one finds peace.
In denying it, one finds hope.

-Last words of Admiral Williams before the fall of Earth.

Although I already fired off an email, I'd like to be a moderator. That's all I'll say here. Hah, I bet I get flamed down for my cantidacy.

------------------
One afternoon,
4000 men
died in the water here.
And 500 more were thrashing,
madly,
As parasites might,
in your blood.
-The Tragically Hip, "Nautical Disaster".

Can i be an admiral

------------------
Mess with the best die lik the rest

Unfortunately, my email isn't working, so I'll submit it right here.

replicant@pdq.net (not functioning, remember)
Replicant
I'm interested in this, first, because I want to help put resources here for the community - I'm especially interested in creating a guide to Ares for newbies - and secondly, because I enjoy writing reviews, and am good at it, so the idea of looking through uploads and articles is attractive. Maintenance wouldn't bother me either.

Thanks.

------------------
Replicant
www.axis.n3.net

Any axis member has my support. They've already shown us that they have some wish to add to the ares community. Of course, it would be nice if Pax and Vegeta were around more...

Unfortunately, the world no longer revolves around the Axis.
It hasn't been updated since Christmas.
The spirit remains, however...

------------------
Replicant
www.axis.n3.net

Yeah, I'd noticed that the Axis was pretty slack over the last few months, but still, you folks set up an independant site, and that shows that you're willing to contribute to the community. It'd be nice if it was updated occaisionally, but I don't have a page myself so I'm not pointing any fingers.

------------------

Blah, is there really that much interest in an updated Axis? I mean what do you guys want up there? Frankly, I haven't had the time, nor the intrest to work on it - I got a new computer and haven't gotten around to installing Ares, and/or the Axis work files. And since the new computer lacks any sort of removable media, transferring files is a huge pain. I would gladly hand over FTP control to someone else, but its not hosted on a server I own, and I don't think they would be happy with that.

As for other admins, I probably won't be able to spend much time around here anymore, I've got another subset of interests (UT, Chess, and Combat Mission...), plus some semblance of a social life. So I may end up relegating any duties I've got here to someone else. We'll see.

------------------
Pax - Drew Harry
sagitar@earthlink.net
(url="http://"http://www.axis.n3.net/")Ares Axis - axis.n3.net(/url)

"...they say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?" - Terminal 2, Where are monsters in dreams, Marathon Infinity

Replicant wrote:
**Unfortunately, my email isn't working, so I'll submit it right here.

replicant@pdq.net (not functioning, remember)
Replicant

I have you signed up as an admin, but I need an eMail address for you (to send you some information, and for admining purposes). Can you get your eMail fixed, or perhaps set up a hotmail account?

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

replicant53@hotmail.com

------------------
Replicant
www.axis.n3.net