EV/EVO Chronicles: The J'ting Chronicles- Chapter four

Chapter four:

A few days later they arrived in the Iri system. “Initiate scans of the planet.” “Aye sir. Scanning Sir there are several hot spots of technology on the main continent.” said ensign K’lng. “Very good. Have the archeologists report to shuttle bay three for transport down to the surface.” “Aye sir.” The Ensign speaks into the microphone at his desk while the Commander starts to the shuttle bay. Halfway there the commander receives a signal from the chip in his brain over and over saying “Captain Obrb report to sickbay.” As he starts off he hears something else. This time not from the chip. “Mayday! Mayday! We need back up! There is an intruder on deck five! Wait. He’s gone! Where did he go? Ensign Jun, Lieutenant Bobr and Ensign K’lng are dead!” “Not K’lng!” Obrb thought. “He was one of the best in the Empire! He always had a neutron pistol with him that was powerful enough to blast through a meter of Dospect plating. He had to have been caught by surprise. But how could something sneak up on someone in the main lounge?”

The Commander continued to sickbay to see what was wanted of him. When he got there he found the doors wouldn’t open automatically. He tried to do a manual override but the computer just bleeped at him that “Doors unable to open because of risk of explosive decompression. Have a nice day.” He continued to the shuttle bay. He found that the archeologists were already there. “I am sorry but you cannot go down yet. Ensign K’lng has been killed.” A large gasp comes from the group of scientists. “Not only that but we think that sickbay has been destroyed. So I cannot let you go to the surface because if you get hurt we can’t treat you. I will take a shuttle craft out and see if I can see what happened to the sickbay and see if it was actually destroyed or if it is just a malfunction with the internal sensors.” After making sure the archeologists were safely in their rooms Obrb headed back to the shuttle bay to get a look at the Sick Bay module. After selecting the most advanced shuttle they had and making sure it had all weaponry that could be fitted on it just incase, he requested clearance and lifted off. After a brief trip around the ship he found where the sick bay was supposed to be. He went in closer to the ship so he could get a better look. When he got there the whole area was orange with blood. “Poor Chup. He was a good doctor. I wonder who was there with him?” He quickly sent his question to the ship. “Only Lieutenant Junior Grade Brob.” “Not him too!” He thought after sending acknowledgement back to the bridge.

After a few minutes and a trip around the ship he got to the part of the ship that used to be Sick Bay. He got closer to see if there were any remains to send to the victim’s families. He got closer and saw that the whole area was either blackened or covered in orange blood. He went closer to try to retrieve some of the latter to clone the general shape of the victim’s body to bury. He managed to get a small amount of the blood when his work was interrupted by several alarms going off. He looked to see what was causing them. A small ship had just entered the system. He looked away, assuming that it was just a Heavy Fighter or an Interceptor. Suddenly his communication screen lit up, indicating that he was being hailed. “Hello? Who is this?” He asked after he activated the screen. “This is Cadet Ngumo requesting clearance to dock. “Granted.” Obrb responded “But why are you requesting docking from us? Why don’t you dock with your Cruiser?” “Because it has been destroyed.” “What was your Cruiser’s name?” Obrb asked, somewhat surprised that a Heavy Fighter would survive when the Cruiser it was assigned to didn't “The ‘Pluto’. She was the best ship in the fleet, and now is the best wreckage in it.” Obrb was shocked. He could finally get some answers about the ‘Pluto’s’ disappearance.

After returning to the shuttle bay Obrb headed straight to the fighter bay to see what the Ngumo had to say. “Were there any survivors from the ‘Pluto’ besides you? What kind of ship destroyed the ‘Pluto’? What happened to the other ships in your fleet? Where there any survivors from them?” Obrb asked. “I’m the only survivor. All the other pilots were killed trying to fight off the other ship. I don’t have any idea what kind of ship it was that destroyed her. All the other ships in the fleet were also destroyed with no survivors.” “Did the ship that destroyed the ‘Pluto’ look anything like this?” Obrb asked, showing Ngumo a Holograph of a Master ship. “That’s the ship that got us!” Ngumo exclaimed. “Where did you get that picture?” “It’s an old Holo of a Master Race Command ship. Are you one hundred percent sure this is the ship you saw?” “Absolutely.” Replied Ngumo. Obrb stepped over to the communications panel on the wall. “Bridge, send a communiqué to Voina saying we found out what it was that destroyed the ‘Pluto’ and her fleet and it is bad and I have to have a meeting with the Comander in Cheif. Then set a course to Voina.” “Aye sir.” Said the Ensign. “Sending message Sent. Now setting the course. Engaging.”

(This message has been edited by moderator (edited 06-13-2001).)

(This message has been edited by Lonevoinian (edited 06-26-2001).)

Nice story. You should divide it up into paragraphs, though- it makes it easier to read.

nice to see you back on the EV/O/N baords again, Lonevoinian! Too bad you did not post when I made my "Persons of the EVO Webboard plugin"- I was looking forward to your ship.

God bless,

UE Patriot

------------------
"Turn me over, I'm done on this side."- St. Lawerence at his martyrdom
"The glory of God is man fully alive"- St. Iraeneus
Voinian lovers are ignorant of the UE marines taking over Borb Station.
(url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category;=plugins&display;=date&file;=ReignOfTheUE.Bin")Reign of the UE(/url): Get it today!

Hrrerm. . . .looks like a gigantic paragraph. Could you edit it possibly?

------------------
Author of:
A Hidden Legacy
Jade's Return
UE Fighter

Done. Try reading it again.

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub29.ezboard.com/b20")Don't click here.(/url)
When you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
The Person who misspells "Voinian" knows not of the 50 gigaton nuke coming at their cranium.
Eschew Obfuscation

Ahhh, nicely done! 😉

------------------
Author of:
A Hidden Legacy
Jade's Return
UE Fighter