Underused Chronicals/Newswire

Why is everyone still using the web board for their plug in announcements, strategy articles, ect? I guess because there's more exposure here, but you people DO know that Ambrosia lets people submit things for the newswire, right? They even ask for plugin announcements. I realize that lots of stuff isn't posted there now because plans aren't finalized, but that's what comments are for. I would really recommend that more people use the chronicals at least, they're seriously underused and things wont get better until more people use them.

------------------
Lewis,
save yourself the pain,
you'll never get there.
-Radiohead, "Lewis (Mistreated.)"

The forums are for public opinion. Here, we get a response. So, for example, I'd say 'I am thinking of making a new plugin that expands Ares races for netplay. Would you want to play it? I'm planning on adding these ship classes: blah, blah, blah, etc.'. Then the wonderful people here on the forum reply with a resounding 'U SUK HA HA HA', or whatever else crosses their minds. Thus is the creative process carried out.

Then, if public response is good, they announce it on the Newswire and ask for people to join and work on it. Then they start working.

------------------
Replicant
www.axis.n3.net

Replicant wrote:
**The forums are for public opinion. Here, we get a response. So, for example, I'd say 'I am thinking of making a new plugin that expands Ares races for netplay. Would you want to play it? I'm planning on adding these ship classes: blah, blah, blah, etc.'. Then the wonderful people here on the forum reply with a resounding 'U SUK HA HA HA', or whatever else crosses their minds. Thus is the creative process carried out.

Yeah, that's a good point, but if you post something on the chronicals or newswire, you still get responses, in the form of comments. I think that most people just don't want to comment on anyone's stuff once it's made it past Ambrosia screeners, but really, that's what the stuff is there for.

Of course, almost nothing on the chronicals has gotten a response... so I see your point. I just think it's a shame that more people aren't taking advantage of the resources Ambrosia has so graciously provided for us.

------------------
Lewis,
save yourself the pain,
you'll never get there.
-Radiohead, "Lewis (Mistreated.)"

On this topic, I just posted my first work of Ares fiction, it should be up in a couple of days. It was 11 pages long size 12 helvetica when I wrote it, so it's pretty long, but it's the whole story, not just Part 1 or anything.

------------------
One afternoon,
4000 men
died in the water here.
And 500 more were thrashing,
madly,
As parasites might,
in your blood.
-The Tragically Hip, "Nautical Disaster".

Yeah, I posted a pretty cool proluge for a scenario im going to make up on the Chronicals site, but I sent it awhile ago and it still isnt up there, and supposedly not very many people use it and the screeners at Ambrosia still havent gone through very many... amagine how much of a lag there would be if everyone used it! :eek:

------------------

Attention, folks! Mercenaries:Long Way is now up in the Chronicals section, along with an interesting strategy article by Walter and a neat little prologue for something which I'm assuming will eventually grow larger by Slug. If you have the time to DL 50k of text to read Long Way, as well as some free time, I urge you to post some comments.

------------------
One afternoon,
4000 men
died in the water here.
madly,
As parasites might,
in your blood.

Do you guys want me to expand on what I wrote, or would it just be a waste of time?

-Slug the curious

------------------
In accepting the inevitable, one finds peace.
In denying it, one finds hope.

-Last words of Admiral Williams before the fall of Earth.

I don't know, I haven't seen very much, there was only about a paragraph there. It'd help to have some more info, but it's kinda neat. I don't really see where the title comes from though.

------------------
One afternoon,
4000 men
died in the water here.
madly,
As parasites might,
in your blood.