EV/EVO Chronicles: Legend Of Espeidia, Part I

This is the first in a series of background stories that occur before, and build up to, the events in my upcoming plugin, Espeidia, which will be released somtime in Late 2001 or early 2002. Enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The whine of a ship’s engine cut into the cold Zorian night, but no ship could be seen. It drifted, undetectable, 3000 feet above the snowy ground. Aboard the ship, 12 men shifted nervously, as if they where all sitting on sandpaper. None of them were looking forward to the task that lay ahead.

The ship slowed as it reached it’s final destination, and the engines shifted to quiet mode. Outside was a barren landscape of tall, rugged mountains and imposing rock faces. The small blue craft set down on top of a cliff, and twelve jetpacks were ignited. Slowly, the invisible figures of twelve Zorian men Drifted slowly down the cliff face and landed on the snow below. One by one they crossed a crevasse in the ice and made their way to a small metal door in the side of the mountain. Twelve lasers were activated. Twelve deep breaths where taken. Then....

BANG! With a resounding crash, the door was blasted off its hinges and clattered to the floor. The men raised their lasers and waited. When nobody came, they went in.

“This is Delphi Morsed, Z.E.C.O.T. unit 1, have infiltrated Tallebasian base.” The leader of the team spoke into a small communicator on his arm. “We are going in....”

The 12 men disappeared into the dark tunnel in the mountainside.

A small boy, no more then 5 years of age, watched from a catwalk as the Z.E.C.O.T. team entered a large room. He crept along the metal grated floor making no sound at all, observing their every move, and ducking out of sight now and then as one of the men glanced in his direction. He was a spy, or at least was acting as one at the moment, and his job was to alert his father if the covert opps. team found it’s way into the laboratory area.

Delphi Morsed moved along another passageway, keeping a lookout for guards. He didn’t notice the youth who was trailing along behind him, even though the boy was sometimes in plain view. Delphi was suffering from what the professors at the Zorian Academy called “Invisibility Syndrome” which meant that he had let his guard down because his suit had a cloaking device. The child following him had infrared goggles, and could see the team quite clearly.

Another door was blasted open, and a few flasks and ring stands where knocked off a table behind the door. The intruders had reached the lab.

“Federals!!!!” the boy shouted at the top of his voice “Police in the laboratory wing!!!!”

Delphi spun around and searched for the speaker. His search was brief. The boy was standing right in the doorway.

“A child?!” one of the team asked, puzzled.

They stood and stared at each other for several seconds then.... "Laboratory wing, west end!!!!” the boy shouted again.

“Shut him up!!” yelled Delphi, snapping to his senses. Twelve blue lasers lit up the air.

When the smoke cleared the youth had disappeared. “Damn!” Delphi hissed. “I thought Tallebasia was bad before, but now this, using children as spies!” Delphi kicked a beaker which shattered.

“Well, lets go then...” said a team member behind him. The Z.E.C.O.T. team set off down the corridor again.

Talle Iorinin was an unusual boy. He looked like an ordinary five-year-old, but he had lived with a terrorist group his entire life. He had no friends, no relatives, and enough brainpower to make Einstein jealous. He was a genetics experiment. Dal Leeion, the Leader of Tallebasia, had created him to be a strategist. Now he was using him as a spy. The door opened and Talle walked in.

“They’re here, Dad” he said, as if he where talking about some neighbor coming over for dinner, “in the laboratory wing. They shot at me. I escaped.”

“Good job, Talle,” Dal said happily. "Now, see to it that they find the reactor. The trap is set.”

“Yes Father” Talle said obediently, and set off down the hall toward Delphi’s team.

To be continued....

(This message has been edited by moderator (edited 04-13-2001).)

(This message has been edited by nwa728 (edited 05-10-2004).)

Good. Well written. Nice development.

Ne kto menya ne ponimaet. Pochemu?

------------------
DAMN THE MAN!

Cool story. Keep up the good work 🙂

------------------
Insult of the month:
You are the fattest thing I've ever seen...and I've been on safari!

great,cool,awsome,keep'em coming
😉

------------------
N/A