Sals vs. Auds

Fighter: The Aud fighter has a better attack-point weapon, but the Sal fighter laser has a longer range and is harder to hit. Probably even.

Cruiser: The Sal Cruiser is fast and deadly, and the Aud cruiser is the same.
Even.

Gunship: The Sal gunship is good, but the Aud gunship is downright MEAN.
Auds are better here.

HVD: I can't figure since I've never seen them.

Carrier: The T-space bolt rod on the Sal carrier definitely makes it more effective. Sals win here.

Transport: The Sal transport cloaks and is therefore better. Bottom line.

By the way, to all of you who visited my website, thanks. I've updated it to have a forum and a guest book.

------------------
Visit my Ares Website at (url="http://"http://themightyRW.homestea")http://themightyRW.homestea(/url)
d.com/AresPage.html

I'm building it and need
some of Ares community's
input.

"There is only cruelty to plants. Animals bite."

(This message has been edited by James_Herriot (edited 04-04-2000).)

The Aud cruiser is by far better, Salrilian carriers shouldn't even be considered for building in a net game. Your money is better spent on a gunship for about 2 or 3 credits more. Auds have cruisers which are just as good as eleejee cruisers, and we all know how good those are...

The sal carrier is by far better, except that if you spam it with all kinds of fighters and missiles, the rod bcomes basically ineffective. But the aud ship has the same problem and a shorter range.

Sal gunships are more for swarming than destroying, that's why they're so cheap. The aud ones are much much better, probably the best in the game. Definately the best in the game, actually.

As for the HVDs, in comparison to the other HVDs, they're nothing special, and they're pretty crappy when you look at the rest of the ships the auds and sals have. I'd say the sal one is actually better, because it can cloak when it's going to die.

------------------
One afternoon,
4000 men
died in the water here.
And 500 more were thrashing,
madly,
As parasites might,
in your blood.
-The Tragically Hip, "Nautical Disaster".

I agree except for the part about the Aud cruiser vs the Elejeetian cruiser. Ele cruisers are more munueverable and the Onas pulse gun and the Neewo beam are better even though they may do the same amount of damage. This is because the Onas pulse gun is faster, more rapid, and goes as far as a missle! Also it is unlimited even if your battiries are dead, also the onas's concusive effects are better and it is also so much more satisfieing to shoot than the Anasa pulse. The neewo beam is better than the ASB beam because its also faster and it also makes the target that it has hit lose control for a couple secounds. I was bored so I thought that id might as well point this out.

------------------

GarbageMan wrote:
**I agree except for the part about the Aud cruiser vs the Elejeetian cruiser. Ele cruisers are more munueverable and the Onas pulse gun and the Neewo beam are better even though they may do the same amount of damage. This is because the Onas pulse gun is faster, more rapid, and goes as far as a missle! Also it is unlimited even if your battiries are dead, also the onas's concusive effects are better and it is also so much more satisfieing to shoot than the Anasa pulse. The neewo beam is better than the ASB beam because its also faster and it also makes the target that it has hit lose control for a couple secounds. I was bored so I thought that id might as well point this out.

Actually, the Aud cruiser is just as fast and manouverable, it just doesn't seem that way when the computer's piloting it. I just checked the stats, and the max velocity, acceleration and turn rate are equal.

The onas knockback is a nice touch though. The range if the Anasa pulse is the same.

The aud cruiser makes up for the lack of knockback and paralasys with its hologram. It confuses computer controlled ships, if not you.

------------------
One afternoon,
4000 men
died in the water here.
madly,
As parasites might,
in your blood.

Yeah, but the Onas (Elephant gun, as my friends call it) has unlimited shots, plus it does the same amount of damage as an A missile.
Also, the onas has the concussive effects of a C missile (ie: throws small ships across the screen)

------------------
In accepting the inevitable, one finds peace.
In denying it, one finds hope.

-Last words of Admiral Williams before the fall of Earth.

Slug, if you notice, the Anasa pulse also does the same damage as an A missle. The onas and anasa are both the exact same weapon except for the drain and concussion effects. I just did some testing in "and it feels so good' I lured an aud cruiser away from its friends in my Ele cruiser. I drifted slightly ahead of it, firing, not at it but away from it. It fired its Anasa pulse, and when it was locked onto me, it fired the same speed as the Onas. No, the ammo is not unlimited, and it doesn't knock ships around, but the Aud cruiser does have the hologram.

The Neewoo beam and whatever the Auds have fire at the same speed as well, but the neewoo does paralyse for a moment. Unfortunately, the other ship's weapons still work...

If the Aud cruiser is worse, then it is worse by very little.

------------------
One afternoon,
4000 men
died in the water here.
madly,
As parasites might,
in your blood.

yeah, but the ananananasa gun doesn't shoot as far as the 'Elephant Gun'.
The Eleejee cruiser is smaller and faster too.

Yes, actually it does go just as far. The Ele cruiser is smaller, but it is in fact the exact same speed.

------------------
One afternoon,
4000 men
died in the water here.
madly,
As parasites might,
in your blood.

Hmph again. The Inasa (that's how it should be written) pulse gun and the Onas PG are the same (except for the Onas's better concussiveness and graphics) ASB and NEWO beam cannons are also prettymuch the same (Newo has a weak paralyzing effect though unfortunately it doesn't paralyze the bigger ships nor (usually) weapons) the only difference is that computer flown ships shoot usually only when they think to have a clear shot (and so, some weapons may seem to be slower firing than what they really are). There are also some differences between the battle tactiques of different races, where Auds and Sals fight well, Cans and Gaits act quite weird sometimes (like send their main fleet to a stupid location just as the ships would be needed somewhere else).

I tried this in The Left Hand: I cheated a bit, waited for a while until there was a few Sal GS and cruisers (about five both) and then I sent twenty cruisers and five gunships (with a little delay) to their planet and all my ships were simply slaughtered, while I lost all my 25 ships the Sals lost only four (three cruisers and a gunship (didn't count the transports, 2 of them)).

Then I waited again until they had about 20 ships, and then I sent all of my 50 (and a few more) ships to battle and this time I won though only my battleship survived. 😉

The Baz Battleship is the MOST LESS ENERGYSPENDING SHIP IN THE WHOLE GAME!! I had to shoot those R-Plasmas for two hours continuously to spend all the energy of that ship (Z-Beams like Inasas and Onas DOES NOT USE ANY ENERGY).

------------------
Strange just a moment ago I was flying through a dense asteroid field but now I feel quite cold And just what happened to my
H-Cruiser?!?