Ares Sprite Viewer Coming Soon

For those of you who remember my last post, I have taken things into my own hands. I am currently in the debugging stage of a short C++ script which allows you to view Ares SMIV Sprites. Expect the source code to be posted here within a week, and maybe I'll do a stand-alone application.

------------------
Vladimir
StPF, RGMW

Wicked, sounds great. Good way for those who aren't on the Hera beta (self included) to see the other leftover sprites. I always wanted to see these wierd ships, particularily the one called "wierd gold ship" or something like that, but I don't know enough about res-edit to poke around in the data files or to change the sprites around. So thank you, Vlad. Should be a useful tool until Hera is readily availible.

------------------
Lewis,
save yourself the pain,
you'll never get there.
-Radiohead, "Lewis (Mistreated.)"

Will it be able edit and create sprites? Using Red-Edit, I came across an object called "Ugly Shrinking Yellow Sphere". Can anyone tell me what this is?

------------------

I'm making a plugin, so naturally this would be a useful tool.
Please email me when this is finished at:
(url="http://"http://gajet@pacbell.net")gajet@pacbell.net(/url)

thanks,
ensign slug

------------------
In accepting the inevitable, one finds peace.
In denying it, one finds hope.

-Last words of Admiral Williams before the fall of Earth.

Banana64 wrote:
**Will it be able edit and create sprites?

Nope, just view them. You'll have to wait for Hera to do that, allthough I imagine a shrewd user could bend my code around to make it sent new picts to SMIV rescources.

------------------
Vladimir
StPF, RGMW

You may want to clear this with Admiral G (a.k.a. Nathan Lamont) first.

------------------
" Throught their history, these 'unenlightened' beings have continually organized to opposed the injustices and attrocities committed by their bretheran in power. We, as the prophets, would do well to learn from these humans."
-Final statement of Salrilian reformist Sirthis before his execution.