EV/EVO Chronicles: The Zidagar start a war with the UE for no reason or is there

(Posted on 09-09-2000)

Raging Inferno : part 1

The buildings covering the Earth’s surface glistened in the sunlight as the day began. The peace was broken as a shadow blocked out the sun and energy beams smashed through buildings and churned the earth.

Felix was thrown from his bunk as the building was shaken by the explosions outside. As he hit the floor the window of his apartment was smashed by a shock wave. Looking out the window he saw hundreds of Zidagar fighters and warships fighting UE warships in the sky.

Plastisteel rained down past his window as an UE fighter crashed into the building opposite, erupting into a ball of plasma. Felix got up and ran out his apartment towards the turbolift at the end of the corridor. As he jumped in, the door sealed behind him. “Ground floor!” he shouted as the lift shuddered from the impact of an explosion and then glided down to the ground floor.

In the lobby people were running around in confusion and panicas the turbolift opened, and Felix jumped out and headed towards the door. Suddenly an energy beam struck a transport by the door. Felix was knocked back by the shock wave into the receptions desk.
He looked around the lobby. Dead bodies lay on the floor and the moaning of the injured was barely drowned out by the battle raging outside. He ran out of the lobby onto the street and towards the space port.

The space port anti-aircraft guns fired relentlessly at the Zidagar fighters dive-bombing the landing pad. A fighter exploded as Felix ran towards his ship. His ship, a Freight Carrier called ‘Blockade Runner,’ was relatively unharmed by the battle overhead. Felix saw his crew running towards his ship and up the boarding ramp as his first officer Jaxson turned to see him and shouted over the noise, “Hurry captain, we need to get out of here!” Felix didn’t need encouraging and ran the last 50 metres. As he ran up the ramp he shouted orders to the crew, “Start up the engines. Charge the blaze cannons and plot a course out of the system.”

As he ran onto the bridge, the ‘Blockade Runner’ began to lift off then accelerated into the sky.

In the sky, a lone Zidagar warship opened its launch bays, but instead of fighters emerging it fired hundreds of missiles, each one heading in a different direction and then exploding producing masses of green clouds which quickly spread around the Earth’s atmosphere.

Felix looked on in horror at the green clouds spreading across the sky. “Virus Bombs” he whispered to himself as Jaxson ran up to him. “Sir they are using nuclear and chemical weapons; the death rate will be...” He stopped as Felix waved him silent. "They are withdrawing even though they out number the UE forces.” Suddenly, he realized what they were planning "All power to engines. Get us out of here!”

The ‘Blockade Runner’ rushed forward as the engines sprang into life, and just cleared the upper atmosphere as the Zidagar warships launched missiles into the green clouds igniting the chemicals causing a super explosion that smashed against the ‘Blockade Runner’.

Felix and his crew looked on in horror as the Earth was turned into a blazing inferno.

To be continued...

(This message has been edited by moderator (edited 09-09-2000).)

C 🆒 🆒L story, Burning cow. Can't wait to read the rest.

------------------
A scholar's ink lasts much longer than a martyr's blood. - Irish proverb.

(This message has been edited by skyblade (edited 09-09-2000).)

Now DATS a 🆒 story! Have you submitted any more of it yet?

------------------
U.E. Lovers Are Ignorant Of True Power.

I object I love the Zidagar if I wrote a story I would make the UE and the Zidagar make a alliance.I HATE your story but I cant wait to know what happens next.

Originally posted by Titan:
I object I love the Zidagar if I wrote a story I would make the UE and the Zidagar make a alliance.I HATE your story but I cant wait to know what happens next.

Well, I HATE the Zidagar! I hope the U.E. wins!

------------------

(This message has been edited by skyblade (edited 09-11-2000).)

Originally posted by Titan:
...if I wrote a story I would make the UE and the Zidagar make a alliance.

If you think you can write a story, you should, and you should submit it. Man, I sound like Jude...

------------------

(This message has been edited by skyblade (edited 09-12-2000).)

(This message has been edited by skyblade (edited 09-13-2000).)

Well I HATE Ziggys AND U.E.s! I hope they kill each other.

------------------
U.E. Lovers Are Ignorant Of True Power.

Oh yeah, well I belive that the only true force in the galaxy is the Voinians and so I don't care what happens to the UE or the Z's.

------------------
I trust you Ubbie baby-Pam
Damn it Pam, stop glowing-Harry
You know Harry, I used to like you-Ubermann

Translated from German, Ubermannen means 'to overpower'
Translated from German, Ubermensch means 'superman'
'Nuff said

Gene pools need their own lifeguards.

A.S.S Cuisine reporting for duty!

I'm writting the second part now so you should see it in a mounth or so.

------------------

feel free to take this hating govt thing further and say something innapropriate so I can justify my existence as a moderator here.. 😉

------------------
-Shade
AIM: Shade3742

<---- The information went data way ---->

"It's your asphalt."

(url="http://"http://www.theonion.com")The Onion, America's finest news source(/url)

The Zidagar RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Follish Azdgari and Igadzra all CRUSH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Voinian STINK TO!!!!!!

Did you know that the Aggys and Iggys are not young horses? And "Voinians stink to"? That implies that someone else stinks. I think he is a pureblooded strand and also hates the UEs. Plus it's "Too", not "To".

------------------
I guss Hucked on Phonex werked fer you tew.

All three Strands are idiots. I work for the one which will give me the most stuff. I would even work for the Council if they made an Azdara/Igadzra for me. Great story, by the way, although the Zidagar are quite a ways from UE, even by the standards of space.

------------------
However, we must always
remember to viciously
exploit every
opperunity...for these
Humans have been

Originally posted by Admiral McPherson:
**Great story, by the way, although the Zidagar are quite a ways from UE, even by the standards of space.

Well, despite the title, I'm sure the Zidagar had some reason for starting the war and destroying the Earth...

------------------

It said "Or is there?" at the end of the title.

------------------
I guss Hucked on Fonex werked fer you tew.

Originally posted by Lonevoinian:
**It said "Or is there?" at the end of the title.

Right, and I said:

Originally posted by skyblade:
Well, despite the title, I'm sure the Zidagar had some reason for starting the war and destroying the Earth...

It's very vague about whether or not they were provoked, and I said, or meant to say I thought they were.

------------------

(This message has been edited by skyblade (edited 09-18-2000).)

Thats what I'm going to get into in the next part,

By the way the title is actually 'Raging Inferno' I bodged up the submiting of the story.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Burning cow (edited 09-20-2000).)

Originally posted by Burning cow:
**The title is actually 'Raging Inferno' I bodged up the submiting of the story.

Oh.

------------------

"I feel that you need a better name for your story."

------------------