EV/EVO Chronicles: Second part of the story Galaxy's End

(Posted on 11-11-2000)

Galaxy’s End Chapter 1

Sol system:

Space rippled as a scoutship emerged from hyperspace, its engines glowed as it sped towards Earth.

“This is Scoutship 5643, we have an urgent message for UE High command. Request immediate landing clearance,” the copilot shouted down the mike in the cockpit.

The screen in front of him flickered into life as an image of a space traffic control operator looked at him:
“You are allowed to land on docking pad 1265 follow landing vector A24B4.”

The image flickered off and the co-pilot looked at his screen “Uploading landing vector... now.” the pilot nodded and steered the scout ship towards the looming mass of Earth.

Sol system: Earth

Earth’s surface was criss-crossed with thousands of lights and the whole surface shone with the light of the endless cities on the surface. Hundreds of ships moved back and forth from the surface their blue engines glowing against the blackness of space. Scoutship 5643 weaved in and out of the cargo haulers and transports and sped down towards the atmosphere.

The cities of Earth stretched from horizon to horizon, an endless sea of plasti-steel and glass. Hover cars sped between the huge structures as the evening sun set on the horizon, its orange glow cast a strange light across the buildings as Scoutship 5643 rushed over the spires.

UE High Command:

The UE High Command building stood out above the horizon its walls standing over the other buildings in the city nearby. The landing pads lights started to flicker and blink at the night sky as the head lights of Scoutship 5643 pieced trough the darkness and came to rest on the landing pad. Landing jets whined as the landing gear made contact with a small thud.
The boarding ramp descended with a hiss and the two pilots ran down towards the building their footsteps ringing through the landing pad. Two armed guards stood at the entrance surrounding a small man in the middle of them; he looked up at them.

“What is the urgent news?” he asked his voice emotionless. The two pilots stood to attention in front of him and saluted.

“Sir, We have just had news from a drifting transport, Malos has been destroyed.”

“What!” said the man his face turning pale.

“The transports crew said Malos was attacked by strange vessels; they said alien”

The man stood for a minute, then turned on his heels and walked into the UE High Command.

“How did we not hear of this sooner?” he asked.

“The communications were destroyed with the planet sir, we came as fast as we could.”

“This will be taken to the council. Follow me.” The two pilots followed through the door as it sealed behind them.

UE high Command: Council Chamber

The walls of the council chamber stretched up to the high ceiling from which hung large round lights which illuminated the room with a warm glow. In the centre of the room sat a round table surrounded by fourteen chairs, each for the representive of one of the UE worlds.

Admiral McPerson stood at the head of the table looking over the assembled rulers.

“As you all by now have heard an attack by a previously unknown alien race has resulted in the destruction of the planet Malos.” He turned to Veran the leader of Malos, who stood up from his seat and looked around the room.

“The destruction of Malos is a great blow to the United Earth government and the safety of our space. We could not stop the news companies getting hold of this news and is now on every Holo-vid in the whole of United Earth space.” He touched a button on the table below him and a holographic image danced to life.

The news reader looked unmoved by the news as she read it out.

“The destruction of Malos has brought one question to mind: ‘Is space travel and colonization as safe as the government say it is?'” Veran touched the button again and image blurred and disappeared.

“We can not let this happen, if the public lose faith in space travel and the military forces, hundreds of businesses will collapse. But worst of all what if this happens again? These aliens have the power to destroy an entire planet, we could be talking about the destruction of New Tokyo, Parren, New Toronto and the possibility of Earth itself!

UE Listening Post 2735:

UE listening post 2735 floated in the void, its surface was almost all covered with communication dishes and scanning systems. Space rippled and flexed as five vessels emerged from hyperspace, their hulls glowing with energy.

The Zigadar Warships raced towards the solitary station, their weapons glowing and warming up. Moving jets fired as the ships came to a standstill next to the station. The Warships fired, the white energy beams smashing through the station's supports and ripping the communication dishes to shreds. The round structure of the station buckled and collapsed as chunks of plasti-steel were blown out into the void. The phase fire struck the main reactor igniting the tangled superstructure as listening post 2735 blow to pieces sending burning debris towards the distant stars.

Earth: UE Navy Command

The hundreds of computer screens displayed endless information as the hundreds of controllers directed all the UE navy activity in the whole of UE space. Supervisor Garret stood watching over the proceedings as the main screen flickered into life. Numbers flashed across the screen as millions of digital messages were relayed.

“What is this?” he shouted at one of the controllers.

“I’ll get the computer to expand it.” the controller tapped away at his keyboard and the message was played in English.

---Incoming message---

Message received: 1230hours
Message sender: Listening Post 2735

- 1200: Five unregistered vessels incoming-
- 1206: Scanning vessels. Relaying data.-
- 1207: Unregistered vessels moving to attack vector.-
- 1208: Attempted hail unanswered-
- 1209: Sending wide band distress sig.....-

--- Communication terminated---

“Send a message to UE high command. We have attack on listening post 2735. Unidentified aliens possibly related to Malos incident.” Garret stood and watched the technical data come up on the screen, as a young cadet ran up to him.

“ Sir, long range message from Paaren system. They're under attack!”

Garret looked down at the computer console as the message repeated itself over and over. Static rushed across the screen as the crackling image played on to the observers. The pictures showed hundreds of fighters flying over the cities of Parren fighting with the UE defenses.

“Send all available ships to the Paaren system. Full speed!”

The young cadet ran to a nearby console and frantically relayed the message. Garret looked up at the pictures on the screen. "God help us."

Paaren system:

Hundreds of ships battled above the atmosphere of Paaren, the endless purple tide of Zigadar ships swarmed towards the UE defenders as they frantically tried to stop the onslaught. Ship after ship exploded as the gunfire continued, and UE fighters flew into the Zigadar fleet.

“This is Red leader. Alien fleet 12 o-clock. Keep your formation, guys.”

“Copy red leader.”

The UE fighters flew inbetween the huge ships as they fired blaze cannons smashing against the warships hulls.

“Head 'round for another turn, we must take out the warships!”

“Red leader. Bandits 3 o-clock!” The UE fighters moved towards the fleet as white energy beams smashed through them tearing there hulls apart and sending the pilots tumbling into space.

“I’m hit ahhh......”

“I can’t hold it.” The failing fighter lost control and flew straight into the side of a Zigadar warship. Debris flew in every direction as the warships shields withstood the blow.

Lucus stood on the bridge of his Zigadar warship as he watched the battle unfold in front of him. The ship shock as a wave Hunter killer missiles hit the shields, the energy dispersing harmlessly around the hull. Lucus walked across to the walls of the bridge, touching the waves of energy he felt the crew performing their tasks correctly and released his grasp on the wall. Turning to the pilot he relayed his orders.

“Maintain heading for the Human planet. Prepare for the destruction of Paaren!”
Lucus smiled to himself as he gazed at the oncoming mass of Paaren.

(This message has been edited by moderator (edited 11-11-2000).)

FINALY! An anti-UE story! Cool! When are you subbmiting the next part?

------------------
The folowing statement is true. The preciding statement is false.
Books of the new millinea:Left Behind, Tribulaton Force, Nicolai, Soul Harvest, Apollyon, Assasins, The Indwelling, The Mark.

Cool story, but where is "Malos"? I haven't seen it on my map -- only Molos.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.angelfire.com/ma3/skyblade/index.html") Skyblade Software (/url)
(url="http://"mailto:skyblade500@yahoo.com")mailto:skyblade500@yahoo.com(/url)skyblade500@yahoo.com

Cool story!

------------------
VICTORY TO THE ZIDAGAR AND UE!

Wouldn't this make a great movie? 😉

By the way voinian, I havn't heard of The Mark. I'v read all the others though.

------------------
Me: I reserve the right to be wrong.
Them: So do we.

It is coming out tomorrow.

------------------
Books of the new millinea:Left Behind, Tribulaton Force, Nicolai, Soul Harvest, Apollyon, Assasins, The Indwelling, The Mark.

Originally posted by skyblade:
**Cool story, but where is "Malos"? I haven't seen it on my map -- only Molos.

Sorry, my fault. I should have caught that when I edited the story. :frown:
Jude

------------------

I haven't written the next part yet so if I start know it will be around in a month or so.
I always thought it was Malos not molos oh well I was wroung.

Oh yeah Lone Voinian I'm writting a story about a group of Voinians on the run from the Ue so look out for that one some when soon. Lots of gunfights and stuff.

------------------

I'm writing a story too.

------------------