EV/EVO Chronicles: Galaxy's End Prologue

(Posted on 09-25-2000)

Galaxy’s End : Prologue

Malos System:

Space rippled as hundreds of Zigadar warships jumped in system, their sub light drives kicking in as they powered towards Malos. The purple hulls pulsed with energy as the engine cores steadily pushed the warships forward towards the planet ahead. Sunlight streamed through the bridge view point as the sun rose from behind the planets shadow filling the bridge with a sharp glow. Lucas, a short Zigadar, stood staring out towards Malos wishing the ship faster with his mind. “How long until we reach the planet?” he asked turning to a young officer next to him.

“Estimated two hours. sir” the officer replied, his face half shadowed in the light of the bridge.

“Prepare the phase beams.” Lucas ordered.

“Yes sir” the officer made a sharp salute then spun walking towards a nearby console.

“The humans will not know what hit them” he said to himself.

Malos:

The crops on the farms outside Malos Prime blew in the wind, a giant green ocean lay next to the sprawling new gleaming city. The almost endless stream of transports and cargo haulers made its way from the atmosphere to the temporary space port landing pads in the open valleys. The huge spires of Malos Prime cast long shadows over the farm land as the sun rose on the horizon giving new life to the thriving colony. Suddenly the peace was broken as burning debris fell through the sky, smoke trailing behind it as it hit the ground exploding into a huge fire ball. The shock wave smashed through the crops in the valley and the burning remains were thrown back into the air to come crashing down on Malos Prime.

Malos System:

The burning white of phase cannons cut through the transports in orbit around Malos spilling their cargo out into the vacuum of space. The Zigadar fighters raced in between the transports firing on the helpless ships as they turned to run, filling space with explosions as their phase beams ripped open the hulls, imploding the transports. Space was filled with red light as a lone UE Destroyer was torn apart by the unstoppable fleet heading for Malos.

Malos:

Sirens wailed as the citizens of Malos ran in confusion as the Zigadar fighters swooped over the surface, unleashing barrages of fire. Speakers bellowed out orders as the people swarmed towards transports carrying all they could. UE officers directed the crowds hopelessly towards empty transports sitting on the landing pads.

The fully laden transports headed out towards space trying to escape as the Zigadar fighters swarmed around them, stopping them taking their living cargo off the planet. A transport split apart as explosions ran through its hull, falling towards the valley below, belching flames and smoke as it went.

Malos system:

The Zigadar warships sat in orbit around Malos looking down on the planet below; all the fighters began returning as the warships moved closer together.

Lucas stood on the bridge of the lead warship looking out on the green and blue paradise below. He watched the tiny fires dance across the surface of where he knew Malos Prime stood. He turned to the hologram before him. “All ships, this is Admiral Lucas. Prepare phase beams. Lock into position.”

The Zigadar warships moved closer together, their focusing crystals began to glow from pink to yellow to white as energy ran through them, the waves of energy moved across the surface of each ship towards the nose as the front crystal lit up white and the phase beam appeared moving towards Malos then stopped as each of the phase beams joined. The beams glowed as suddenly the joint beam surged planetward, passing through the atmosphere, hundreds of shock waves came off it as it broke multiple speed barriers then impacted on the surface. The energy laced round the planet as the surface burned below it, spreading around the whole planet. The phase beams stopped and the surface of Malos started to crack, magma rose through the cracks as they expanded, splitting apart. Malos started to separate, the tectonic plates moving away from each other. The Zigadar warships turned their engines jumping to life as they sped away from the dying planet towards the jump point.

Malos’s structure failed. The separated plates fell back on themselves and the planet collapsed. It exploded, seemingly super-nova-ing. Huge lumps of rock blasted out towards towards the retreating fleet smashing into the back of the armada. The Zigadar ships moved out of the way of the on-coming rocks, dodging and weaving.

Space rippled as the Zigadar warships jumped into hypespace away from the exploding planet, leaving the fleeing transports to survive or die.

End of Part 1

- What do ya think?-
- If you think it’s good I’ll write the second part-

(This message has been edited by moderator (edited 09-25-2000).)

Originally posted by Burning cow:
-What do ya think?-

I think it's cool, but is it related to your other story? I don't know, because they both say Part 1, but they are both about a Zidagar/UE war. What's going on?

------------------
A scholar's ink lasts much longer than a martyr's blood. - Irish proverb.

Intriguing start. But I must say, planets have it tough in your stories... 🙂

------------------
PlanetPhil

if you lived here, you'd be home by now

Why would the Zidagar do such a thing to the humans?

------------------
<font color="gold">Bronze: the other gold metal.</font>

Originally posted by Talos:
**Why would the Zidagar do such a thing to the humans?

I think we'll find out soon, Talos..

------------------

The stories arn't ralated. The first one is more about one person and the Galaxy's end is about the human race as a whole.

The first one i wrote and posted but didn't think it was very good so i wrote this one and the other chapters but after every one said that the other one was good i wrote some more of that one.

The Zigadar would do these things because... well you will have to wait and see. I'll go into that in the next parts.(Govenment plots and stuff)

The reason the planets get wiped out is because I just think it's cool having planets being smashed to peices and also it's a great way to start a story. Star wars did it with the destruction of Alderan near the beginning and then Titan AE did it with aliens destroying Earth.

Which story do you like better? Blazing inferno(the first one with Felix) or Galaxy's end(the second one) because I want to know which to write more of first.

------------------

GALXYS END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WRITE THAT ONE FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAD ALREADY READ IT AT GRYBS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO KNOW HOW IT ENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
I guss Hucked on Fonex werked fer you tew.

(This message has been edited by Lonevoinian (edited 01-09-2001).)

It's ok, as long as u.e. ends up killing the zids. It would be too unrealistic if the zids win, U.E. cruisers backed with carriers and destroyers could destroy a zid fleet much larger then them due to their high armor.

------------------
Anonymous_Badger

If the Zidagar were smart, and they wanted to conquer the U.E., they would team up with the Voinians and Human Renegades...

I like the Felix one better, though.

------------------

(This message has been edited by skyblade (edited 09-27-2000).)

The Voinians would help them! Then they would turn on the Ziggys and takeover all their space then all of the crecent then all of the galxey! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

BTW where can you get the "Captians of Freeport" plug? It's not in the addons section. All thats there is the updater.

------------------
I guss Hucked on Fonex werked fer you tew.

lonevoinian- I have already sent grybs the second part but he hasn't put it on the sight yet. I hope it lives up to the first part.

I think i'll put the Galaxy's End ones on first and then the Felix ones after it's finished.

------------------