EV/EVO Chronicles: Captains Journal: Pike (part 1)

(Posted on 07-22-2000)

(beep beep beep)
PICKING UP DISTRESS SIGNAL
TARGET UNKNOWN
STARTING LOCATION SEARCH
RECEIVING ENCRYPTED TRANSMISSION
UNCODING
TRANSMISSION UNCODED

( 1 / 1 / 89 )
Today my ship was launched. It is just a small shuttle but I hope to make good use of it. I'm going to Saalia for my first mission. A celebration. I have heard of fantastic brandy there so that's where I will begin. Plus I have heard of a UE officer there who is looking for me. I hope so.

( 1 / 6 / 89 )
Indeed Saalia has the best brandy in the galaxy. When I was at the bar, however, I was met by a UE officer like I had hoped. He has told me of a cargo mission run to Apollo. Though I hoped he would offer me some military mission I knew it was too early for anything like that. He told me to equip my ship with the max amount of blaze cannons. Maybe even an after burner. I wonder why.

( 1 / 20 / 89 )
I have made my way to Huron. I know now why he wanted me to be well equipped. I have entered the system very badly damaged. They didn't teach us about those renegades at the UE navy college.

( 1 / 24 / 89 )
I made it to Apollo finally. I also had my first encounter with a renegade Turncoat. I barely made it into the atmosphere. When the equipment was removed from my cargo bay, I was greeted by the UE officer again.

"Your name is Pike, am I right?" he said, shaking my hand vigorously. He told me his name was General Titan. He usually works with the Exploration Corps, but missions have been delayed. Since the Voinian attacks on Sol, and renegade raids in Huron, Iothe, and Hatulii, more people have been joining the military. Others were too afraid to explore because of the dangers out there. That's when he told me my mission. "I want you to join the Exploration Corps. You have just passed the first test". He told me my new mission was to explore further towards the south. He said that some new renegade ships, possibly experimental craft, have been sighted past Freeport and Gorky, the two bases that have been blocking any further exploration. Since I had survived the renegades here, I must be able to survive past these bases. I will report to Knox after I have filed my report of the systems and ships in those areas. He then showed me my new Scoutship along with my new first mate only known as the Ripper. He has a large scar across his face and tells me that he used to work for the renegades. In fact he was born in the small colony of New Alcatraz. Though this doesn't comfort me, General Titan tells me he is the only member of the Exploration Corps left, and he is the only one who knows anything about the renegades. I am shaky, but I accept. I know this will be tough but I know I have to do it. Ripper smiles and I get nervous again. We set off tomorrow.

END OF FIRST TRANSMISSION
RECEIVING ENCRYPTED TRANSMISSION

I hope you like my first story! Stay tuned for the next Journal Entries of Pike.
😃
Jive 320

(This message has been edited by moderator (edited 07-22-2000).)

Nice Jive! Interesting that you chose Pike to be the star. 😉

------------------
Oh no! It's locked!-Harry
Damn it Pam, stop glowing-Harry
Eat staples electro-breath-Harry

Some people need to wash their gene pool

A.S.S Cuisine reporting for duty!

Good story Jive! Keep on writing, can't wait to see whats next.

------------------

Good story! It's a new idea to have the renegades do something nobody else has.

------------------
Bronze: the other gold metal.

Thanks everyone! The next journal entry will be coming up but after that their will be a huge lull to build suspense. So don't worry if the journal of Pike doesn't show up for a while.

Stay tuned for another story, The Battle of Sol.

------------------
Feel the Jive
------------------
I'm not as think
as you stupid I am.

"If it weren't for my horse
I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
-Lewis Black

(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/newsdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number;=20&forum;=*EV/EVO+chronicles&DaysPrune;=25&article;=000036&startpoint;=")Captain's Journal: Pike (Part 1)(/url)
------------------