Please don't shut down this board!

@ryoko, on Dec 15 2005, 02:15 PM, said in Please don't shut down this board!:

I have seen Lothar around occasionally, so there are people about! If you want a game, post here when you're

Yeah, that's right. However, I'm on Intel iMac nowadays, and pop-pop seems not to work too well with that. Meet me in new game Redline, btw.

yay im the newest member as of 10/17/06, and aside from the fact of this topic going off-subject from the name of this topic i actually like to play pop-pop, but the problem is everytime i sign on there's no one online

i even check the tracker site and no one is on all 3 tabs say none which is really annoying, so now about 2 years pass, i check again and i check here turns out that the latest post was yesterday and i went like "WHOA THIS GAME ISN'T DEAD!" so i went ahead and signed-up on the forums and so now i am gonna check everytime i get on the computer until around 10/26/06

i am allowed on the computers from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM EST (on server) and so like i am usally on the computer around 12:00 PM to 5:00 AM (yes i know i secretly hide that im on the computer hehe im so bad)

Well Everyone, Good Luck And Godspeed, the entire day of 10/17/06 i was looking at pop-pop waiting fo anyone to play with 😄

I'm on now. ^_^

Probably the best way to find someone is to get them at AIM or post in the other topic which hours you tend to be online for - then other's know where to look.

Incidentally, if you are looking for someone, stay on the tracker with a hosted game, but check the web-tracker to make sure you are really there. I have found very frequently that although I am hosting a game, the we-tracker says I am not even logged in. It means nobody else can see me either -_-;

@hyko, on Apr 12 2005, 06:00 AM, said in Please don't shut down this board!:

There are still hundreds of users reading the following most favourite topic:
"No topics were found. This is either because there are no topics in this forum, or the topics are older than the current age cut-off."

😉 😄

BTW: anyone up for a tournament? 😉

pop-pop universal binary

and now they know who's working on it. 😉

Yay! pop-pop UB! Woooooo!

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Apr 20 2007, 09:46 PM, said in Please don't shut down this board!:

Yay! pop-pop UB! Woooooo!

I'm still alive guys! Happy to hear pop-pop gets a second life!

just out of curiosity... does anyone still play this anymore? Are any of the old-timers still around?

Would the original publisher ever consider opening the source code for an iPad port...?

This post has been edited by Crono : 06 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

I no longer play games on my Mac, but I used to play Pop-pop and I suppose I could grab the windoze version. 😮

wow, a reply! 🙂

I was really just curious to see if anyone out there did still play this - but it's not too surprising to see not. A small nostalgic part of me wanted to play again over Christmas...

More of of a shame is the fact that I guess the author has abandoned it and the source code will be forever closed; I think the game would port very well to iOS and a touch screen interface - which would breathe a new lease of life in to it...