Another tournament, anyone?

::pulls typical British colonial upper-class accent::

Salutations, what what!

I say old chaps, so far we seem to have received a typically low response rate to our offer of a tournament this weekend, don'tcha'know? Anybody might think you had better things to do!

Not that I can talk myself or anything but it would be frightfully good if some of you lazy fellows could instruct your butlers to write a response back.... !

This coming weekend is a bank-holiday for those of us in jolly olde England. So now that we are somewhat closer to the time, how do all you people find your diaries? So far only Shoes and Helix have shown any interest which is smashing of them, so shake a leg, you others! It would be terrific if we could get six or more confirmations, what! So why don't you all write and tell me if you can't make it at all, and if so, which day and time you would prefer?

I would suggest we gather to hunt pop at about 5pm on Sunday 30th May British Summer Time. That's 4pm GMT and 6pm CET. For you fellows over the other side of the Atlantic, that is noon EST, and around 2am down under -_-

All novices are welcome too, especially form the other camp. Counter suggestions are also splendid, what!
Okay then, that about wraps it up. Jolly good show and happy popping and all that!

::edited to remove inadvertent smiley::

(This message has been edited by Ryoko (edited 05-28-2004).)

Good evening Miss Ryoko, and all other good Sirs and Ladies of Pop-Pop.
My kind Sir, SHOES, is unable to reply to your suggestion at this time, he's in the pantry drinking sherry and plucking a couple of peasants he shot this morning. Kitchen staff are still on duty, but he insists on doing it himself!

However, I've informed him of your proposed internet competition, to which I think I am pleased to say, he gave a raucous cheer! So I'm fairly certain that you may assume Sir will be attending your competition this Sunday.

I wish you all the best in your fine sport.

Chin chin!

Arthur.

πŸ˜„ I'm supposed to say that my Enlish is too poor to act with you in your play, but anyway I'm greeting Lady Ryoko and Master SHOES and the others and I'm happy to announce this: I think I'll be in!

Greetings
Eno

------------------
Enrico Enrco Enco Eno

Sounds jolly well good!

<pulls cobber aussie accent> (ie. the accent no normal Australian speaks in, unless hamming up for tourists) πŸ˜„

G'day all you blokes & sheilas. Well, I took a gander at the post which that Pom 'oo calls 'erself a Jap name Ryoko stuck up here. Had a bit of a chin-wag with me mates over a six-pack o' tinnies, an' they reckon it's bit late for a game. "Stone the crows! Two-ay-bloody-em!" they sez. "Strewth! Even the roos'll be tucked in for the night by then, mate. What kind o' drongos'd be up at that time o' the mornin' anyway? Bloody foreigners."

Well, a bloke can't really argue with 'is mates, 'specially as they's the ones 'oo shouted the beer! At any rate it'd get the missus all worked up, see, she'd think I'd been down at the local again downin' a few with the fellas. Last time, I really got in the doghouse with the little woman - copped a right earful that time, I can tell ya!

Anyway, keepin' it short & sweet, I won't be able to play the next tourney. Reckon I'll see ya round the tracks sometime. Cheerio mates!

</end aussie accent>

------------------
This message is brought to you by FOOTOΒ™ the Wonder Boot Exploder

I'm jolly well interested in this one. Say, around june 5 or so? It'd be difficult for some of us American chaps to make it around memorial day weekend...

------------------
Mr. Flibble Is Very
Cross...

(This message has been edited by PRPop-Rocks (edited 05-27-2004).)

I am shocked to see Arthur accusing me of shooting peasants, when I had actually shot a couple of p h easants!!! πŸ˜„ I believe this was a Freudian slip and have sacked the old git for having such thoughts!

But he was right about the tourney though, I'm up to retain my title and prove the last one wasn't a fluke! Hope we get a good turn out and maybe a few Windows players.

**eccles:
Anyway, keepin' it short & sweet, I won't be able to play the next tourney. Reckon I'll see ya round the tracks sometime. Cheerio mates!

Ahhhh struth me old cobber!

(This message has been edited by SHOES (edited 05-27-2004).)

Originally posted by SHOES:
**I am shocked to see Arthur accusing me of shooting peasants, when I had actually shot a couple of pheasants!!!:D I believe this was a Freudian slip and have sacked the old git for having such thoughts!

The stories I've heard about some upper class estates, peasants wouldn't have been too far off the mark πŸ™‚

<suddenly has visions of a bald pompous old man with a huge moustache & a monocle, and wearing a fox-hunters' uniform. "What ho! Those blasted peasants are back again. Arthur, fetch me my blunderbuss, I'll make short work of the bounders!">
πŸ™‚

------------------
This message is brought to you by FOOTOΒ™ the Wonder Boot Exploder

(This message has been edited by eccles (edited 05-27-2004).)

::giggles:: okay, eccles-san, you win ^_^ Nice pictures by the way

So far we have four people then who are interested (counting myself), possibly five if Helix-san really can make it - can we find a few more from anywhere? I think we really want at least six to go ahead.

(This message has been edited by Ryoko (edited 05-28-2004).)

Originally posted by Ryoko:
**So far we have four people then who are interested (counting myself), possibly five if Helix-san really can make it - can we find a few more from anywhere? I think we really want at least six to go ahead.

Why not just go ahead and put it on the tourney system, I think you could get six players to sign up in these next two days. So who all thinks that they can really make it or will at least try - Ryoko, SHOES, Eno, Jesse, eccles, and maybe PRPop-Rocks and Helix?

Originally posted by pepperjack:
Why not just go ahead and put it on the tourney system, I think you could get six players to sign up in these next two days. So who all thinks that they can really make it or will at least try - Ryoko, SHOES, Eno, Jesse, eccles, and maybe PRPop-Rocks and Helix?

Okay, I have created the tournament, so we shall see how many we get on the day...
^_^;

before 12 or after 8pm would be better but i'll try hard to be there!
sorry i couldn't reply earlier, very inpolite especially considering the elegant invite- was just, and still am, extraordinarily busy.

------------------

(This message has been edited by lumisa (edited 05-28-2004).)

So the tournament is in 20 minutes, right? Sure hope that I have the right day and time, last time I was an hour off. πŸ˜ƒ

even though everybodies affectionate responses show deep and honest happiness and delight about my participation πŸ˜„ i now have to withdraw my consent. it's the time i'm treasured here most and i just can't bring home the bacon. the nursemaids have their day of and the rest of the legless staff is overwhelmed with the conservatory. there is just no dependence on staff anymore these days...
so, keep your pecker up and have a fabulous tourney you all! πŸ™‚

------------------

There's 6 players signed in now, but no Hyko, Lumisa, Helix or Squibix! :frown: Come on guys!

Originally posted by eccles:
**The stories I've heard about some upper class estates, peasants wouldn't have been too far off the mark πŸ™‚

<suddenly has visions of a bald pompous old man with a huge moustache & a monocle, and wearing a fox-hunters' uniform. "What ho! Those blasted peasants are back again. Arthur, fetch me my blunderbuss, I'll make short work of the bounders!">
πŸ™‚

Probably the same b#####d who owns the dwindling freehold on my flat! :mad: