Kaisama Inu Tournament take 2

Once again...

I'm looking to rerun the ill-fated Kaisama Inu tournament at the end of August/ start of September. There was a lot of interest in the last one which rather unhappily fell at the last hurdle when the tracker crashed, so this time I'd like to get things in order in good time. I'm taking any and all submissions regarding preferred times and dates. Also, ideas as to what to do if the tracker falls over again are gratefully accepted.

First things first: which weekend would you prefer?
29-31 August or 5-7 September

Next: which day?
Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Around what time? (please use GMT to make comparisons easier)
0000GMT, 0600GMT, 1200GMT, 1800GMT

The last one was held at 1200GMT which seemed to be good for Europe but not so good for the US. Ignore what time it will be for me; I'm more for getting as many players to play as possible than making it convenient for one person on the wrong side of the planet. That said, I do have limits as to when I can host: 1400GMT Friday - 1600GMT Sunday.

If possible, I'd like to have this sorted out at least 2 weeks before the tournament date so we can deal with mailing lists, advertising, board-spamming and whatnot.

Now, what you've been waiting for. Lovely prizes!

Thanks to the extreme generosity and good will of SHOES (as well as a hopefully well-compensated working stint in sunny Europe by yours truly), the prize has been increased. In fact, now there are two!

First prize: 2 online purchaseable CDs or DVDs of your choice. Double cds or DVDs count as the two.

or

Registration of one Ambrosia Software title of your choice plus an online purchaseable CD/DVD

or

an online purchaseable game.

Total value of first prize not to exceed US$65. Reasonable purchases only (i.e. no pr0n).

Second prize: One online purchaseable CD or DVD of your choice

or

Registration of one Ambrosia Software title of your choice.

Total value of second prize not to exceed US$35.

Second prize is on the proviso that we get more than ten players in the tournament.

Sound interested? Then let's get this thing organised early so we can get a really good turnout! Tell your friends! Feed your pets! Pet your friends! Let's go!

------------------
Hi. I'm Dingo. Can I have your baby?

Noooooooo! Shame, I will be away on all of those dates that you mentioned. I'm going on holiday to Italy from the 28th of August until the 9th of September.....

Oh well, I hope that there is a good turnout for your tournament Dingo...

Cu on the tracker

Helix

------------------

From your options I would prefer Sunday 7th September at 1200GMT or 1800GMT. I wouldn't be able to do the previous weekend. Good luck Dingo!

------------------

Hello,
At this time it doesn't matter to me which weekend and the time between your host limits are perfect to me, But I can't say whether something important comes in conflict with the tourney - I'll tell then ๐Ÿ™‚
I look forward to this tourney, see you!

------------------
Please correct me! I'm a pupil learning English.

Apologies. I'm going to have to postpone the proposed end of August/ start of September tournament due to events outside my control (i.e. I'm being held over in Europe for a bit longer, possibly indefinitely since I had my passport, phone, credit cards and all my ID stolen. This makes travel difficult, no?)

Also, it seems that most of the Northern Hemisphere is on summer holidays, battling bushfires or suffering heatstroke and have not expressed too much interest in the nominated times so I'll wait until I'm back in Australia before I try again. Alternatively, you could propose a time and date that suits you and I'll try to work around it.

Again, gomen.

------------------
Hi. I'm Dingo. Can I have your baby?

Originally posted by Dingo:
...I had my passport, phone, credit cards and all my ID stolen.

Yikes, sorry to hear that! :frown: I hope that you manage to get everything sorted out and get home in a reasonable lenght of time; and pop-pop tournemnts are hardly something that need to be at the forefront of your mind at this point. No apologies are necessary at all, as far as I'm concerned!

As for tournaments, does anyone want to have one at some point towards the end of August? I'd be happy to host if people would like, since I haven't done a tourney yet; but of course I'd be happier still to see someone else do the work. ๐Ÿ˜„ What is everybody up to these days?

------------------
'Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?'
(url="http://"http://squibix.net/")squibix web(/url)

(This message has been edited by Danny (edited 08-13-2003).)

Sorry about the bad news Dingo, hope it hasn't spoilt your trip too much.
I am up for a tourney whenever, except the last weekend of this month. I think the summer chaos just makes it hard for a decent one to be organised though.

------------------

I wish you luck to solve your current problems, Dingo!!!

->Danny: I would love to play a tourney whenever, I think there'll be no problem to me except for next day is school and it is to late in GMT+2. Just decide when it is best for you!

------------------
Please correct me! I'm a pupil learning English.

iยดm back and ready to play!!!
hope to see you soon ๐Ÿ™‚
lumisa

------------------

Im back and finally settled in college, so Im ready for some action.

------------------

Welcome back Honu and Lumisa!

Lumisa- got your message, tried to mail you last night/this morning, but my mail server's playing games again ๐Ÿ˜ž

------------------