MID-MONTH TOURNEY results

Well done to Lumisa, who came first in the tourney. 2nd place was squibix, 3rd was Hyko, and 4th place was SHOES.

I will post full detailed results on the boards tomorrow morning.....

C U at the next tourney

Helix

------------------

Originally posted by Helix20:
**Well done to Lumisa, who came first in the tourney. 2nd place was squibix, 3rd was Hyko, and 4th place was SHOES.

I will post full detailed results on the boards tomorrow morning.....

C U at the next tourney

Helix

Helix, thanks for hosting! And to all: It was a great tourney!

Still missing some players of course... Eno, Crono, Texas Girl (hope she will come back some day) and all others i don't have on my mental screen currently 🙂

------------------
Have a look on my inofficial tourney-system: (url="http://"http://pop-pop.webhop.net")http://pop-pop.webhop.net(/url) 🙂
Hyko, who once was the great Offender 😉

Originally posted by Hyko:
Helix, thanks for hosting! And to all: It was a great tourney!

yes, thank you Helix for hosting, and congrats - as always- to lumisa and as a surprise to squibix for the second place!

Originally posted by Hyko:
**Still missing some players of course... Eno, Crono, Texas Girl (hope she will come back some day)

I talked to Texas Girl on AIM today and she says hello and that she´ll be back! Just loads of work right now. We will plan a midweek-tourney maybe in july where she can participate 🙂

------------------

Congratulations to Lumisa (the winner and still champion!), and my apologies to everyone who had to play against my Tex-ing! I was getting killed as Bombastic, so I figured I needed to try something new. I'm sure it'll never work again, but I'll enjoy this high-water-mark of my pop career while it lasts! 😉

And of course, much thanks to Helix for hosting and to everyone who played.

------------------
'Men are the new women.... They're very trendy.'
((url="http://"http://mazca.com")Mazca's site(/url) is funnier then mine, so Ima advertise it for a bit)

As promised, here are all the results in full (thanks goes to Hyko for helping me out with this post).

Results of Round one:

|                    |games  |games  |rounds  |rounds  |rounds  |
Rank  |Playername          |won    |lost   |won     |lost    |diff    |
------|--------------------|-------|-------|--------|--------|--------|
1     |lumisa              |      8|      0|      24|       4|      20|
2     |SHOES               |      7|      1|      22|       5|      17|
3     |Hyko                |      5|      3|      19|      12|       7|
4     |squibix             |      4|      4|      18|      12|       6|
5     |Lish                |      4|      4|      13|      17|      -4|
6     |Helix               |      4|      4|      12|      17|      -5|
7     |penut               |      3|      5|      11|      15|      -4|
8     |mikrisa             |      1|      7|       8|      23|     -15|
9     |Fyrephin            |      0|      8|       2|      24|     -22|
------|--------------------|-------|-------|--------|--------|--------|
      |checksums           |     36|     36|     129|     129|       0|

Results of Round 2:

Lumisa  vs. Hyko    3-2
SHOES   vs. Squibix    2-3

Match for 3rd Place:

SHOES  vs. Hyko     0-3

The Final:

Lumisa   vs. Squibix    3-2

Final Placements:
1. Lumisa
2. Squibix
3. Hyko
4. SHOES
5. Lish
6. Helix
7. penut
8. mikrisa
9. Fyrephin

Detailed results can be seen on the tourney-system by everybody who is registered there: pop-pop.webhop.net

------------------

(This message has been edited by Helix20 (edited 06-16-2003).)

(This message has been edited by Helix20 (edited 06-21-2003).)

I think that we can say that it was a good, fun tourney, despite the fact that I really did not play well....

When is the next tourney? Lets make the tourney this month - don't really want to wait until July.....for obvious reasons...! 🙂

If no one else wants to host the next tourney, I'd be very happy to do it again. It's not as much work as some people might think....

C U on the tracker....

Helix

------------------

Originally posted by Helix20:
When is the next tourney? Lets make the tourney this month - don't really want to wait until July.....for obvious reasons...! 🙂

The next tourney is in two weeks, hosted by Dingo. Isn't that early enough? It's still in June 😉 "We" once agreed on having tournaments "only" every ten days, because if they are weekly they stop being a particular event and become kind of boring. And of course as a side affect the amount of players diminishes. On the other hand I understand that you are now after your long absence kind of famished, but...

------------------

Good tourney, I enjoyed it very much. Congratulations to Lumisa for another fine win, and to Squibix and Hyko who also played very well. :mad:... 🙂

Helix, I would be willing to play in another tourney this Sunday. I need the practice!

------------------

Mikrisa :
"We" once agreed on having tournaments "only" every ten days, because if they are weekly they stop being a particular event and become kind of boring.

Good point.

------------------

all congratulators: thanks,
all players: thanks for great tense games
"all" hosts: thanks for hosting.
shoes,hyko, squibix: thanks for letting me win. 🙂
squibix: congratulations on a very close 2. place.
about your "tex-thing": i don´t think it was tex, proven by the fact that in the first round you won 2 rounds against me with the bombs, and in the final you won one round with tex (or does my memory betray me?) - with both pops you were a tough opponent!!( and who knows what the result would have been if your "mouse hadn´t had any issues"... 🙂 )

it was a great tournament, and even though the tracker was soo strange sometimes, there weren´t even any major connection-problems (or have i just missed those?) - no delays or long boring "waiting-for-next-game-!!-periods"

Originally posted by mikrisa:
**"We" once agreed on having tournaments "only" every ten days, because if they are weekly they stop being a particular event and become kind of boring. And of course as a side affect the amount of players diminishes. On the other hand I understand that you are now after your long absence kind of famished, but...

i agree again. 🙂

------------------