Second round:

Crono vs Shoes 
   3      1
Lish vs Lumisa
   1      3

Final Rounds:

for 3rd and 4th: Shoes beat Lish 3-1
whilst Lumisa beat Crono 3-2 for first place

Thanks everyone for taking part, and sorry lilo and :-)™ who had to drop out half way through.

(
why doesn't this board do tabs 😞
and why does it mark fixed-width like that?
and why doesn't it do html?
oh well... 😉
)

(This message has been edited by Crono (edited 04-06-2003).)

That was a great tourney. The games were very tough, it is amazing how the standard has raised recently (damn all of you 🙂 ).

Using Hyko's site was great. Seeing all the results come in from everybody as the tourney progressed made the whole thing a lot more gripping.

Well done Lumisa for winning (gritted teeth) 🙂

Thanks to Crono for doing a great job hosting and posting. Thanks to Hyko for his well oiled tourney site.

Thanks everyone else for the ggs.

------------------

Originally posted by SHOES:
Using Hyko's site was great. Seeing all the results come in from everybody as the tourney progressed made the whole thing a lot more gripping.

Definitely! Now all we have to do is get everyone into the same chat system, and everything'll be perfect! 😄

And of course congratulations to Lumisa! and thanks to everyone who played: 8 particpants, plus two more who left and one further who tried to get in late! What a turn-out. I could wish I had a better showing than the sorry result I managed, but I still had a great time. And SHOES knows why I played so poorly. 😉

Oh, and sorry for confusing people for registering on Hyko's site as Danny instead of squibix... when I signed up just when he announced it I wasn't thinking about tournaments, and when I logged in today I didn't realize that it might be confusing. Luckily most of you seemed to figure it out well enough ( ;))... but for the future, I guess I'll have to either register a new account or start popping as Danny!

------------------
'You know, if every major appliance in my home had a "bacon" button I'd be the happiest guy alive.'
(url="http://"http://squibix.net")Squibix Web(/url)

(This message has been edited by Danny (edited 04-06-2003).)

Originally posted by Crono:
**(
why doesn't this board do tabs 😞
and why does it mark fixed-width like that?
and why doesn't it do html?
oh well... 😉
)

In January of 2000 there were some issues with HTML being abused and HTML was turned off. Just FYI.

------------------
Best Thing To Hear On A Date : "Don't worry about protection, I'm not old enough to get pregnant."
WIRP this, bitch.

10/31/96

anklebiter stretches out after returning from his 3 day military trip

------------------
I am the fox, let my talk will thrill you, when you get to know me, my smile will chill you. With a name like anklebiter, just what did you expect? (url="http://"http://www.foxchange.com/~matt/anklecam/")The ankle cam!(/url) Out of 33 moderators, I ranked the lowest in overall ranking, temperament and trust! False politeness? Comes with the job.

**That was a great tourney. The games were very tough, it is amazing how the standard has raised recently (damn all of you:) ).

true - all the games were phantastic and very very tense and close.

true! it was incredibly easy and fun to use it. thanks hyko again!!!

Well done Lumisa for winning (gritted teeth):)

🙂 thanks. nobody made it easy and it was again very close...i was very lucky in the second round - especially after crono cleared 2 times....

**Thanks to Crono for doing a great job hosting and posting. Thanks to Hyko for his well oiled tourney site.
Thanks everyone else for the ggs.

i would like to assent to all these statements. 🙂
thanks everyone for the great time.
------------------

(This message has been edited by lumisa (edited 04-07-2003).)

Originally posted by forge:
**In January of 2000 there were some issues with HTML being abused and HTML was turned off. Just FYI.

Thanks 🙂 How do you 'abuse' html though? Surely it is trivial to simply grep through a post for instances of <script> <***** > and other tags etc to stop people being 'funny'?

Oh well.

So - what do people want to do about the "next one"? (Dare I say that so soon after that last marathon?) I am also still waiting on a reply from Number 279, but I have got an acknowledgement from him that he is collating his thoughts - so hopefully he will get back sometime fairly soon.

I'm just about to post a new topic for general feedback, to avoid spinning this one off.

Amusingly enough - it looks like there is some html checking, since I just got a 'tag' killed there.

lol
🙂