The Queen of Pop's birthday party

since i´m just in the middle of a sudden attack of modesty and even honesty, there´s a few things i want to add here. i have already outed myselft to be unbelievably unfit in mathmatics (which to me seems ok in my sophisticated age!!) but what i obviously ( otherwise i could have just said "i´m 33!!" , but i didn´t because i´m not going to tell anyone!) wanted to achieve was to cause confusion about my age, which i obviously managed to do. the adverse reaction, that i was, in the end (or maybe all the time??), the one confused most, doesn´t bother me to much, since i´m quite used to it. (crono, by the way, your post didn´t help to reduce my confusion (neither did anklebiters "heh."...)..., but maybe it would reduce yours if i told you that " : " should have been " / ", and that i, in my clouded state of mind, put all the brackets wrong. 🙂
the most important thing is though, that i wanted to point out, that i´m not really the queen of pop anymore (but i´m very proud of course that i once was!!), since ryoko won the last tourney and there always is, was and will be SHOES. i must admit i was very flattered by this threads title (thanks again hyko), and enjoyed it a lot, but i now must admit: my regnancy is over...
still, thank you all again,
lumisa

...i wonder if carma rises by writing such generous and unselfish and sweeeeet posts... 😉
oh...and - at some point, I`LL BE BACK!! 🙂

------------------

(This message has been edited by lumisa (edited 03-18-2003).)

Okay, I guess that sort of clears things up - but I must have mis-remembered your age... but in that case, you were lots off (or something like) since

200/4-(((4*8)-8)+40)/2
is 50-32
is 18

but who cares? Actually we could do a "countdown" (for all us English types) - we have the numbers
200, 40, 8, 4, 4, 2 and have to make 33... anyone get better than Lumisa's 18? 😉
(For those unfamiliar with the rules, you may use any number of -,+,/,* and brackets, but must use each number exactly once.)

Amsuingly, it is possible (and actually quite trivial by normal countdown standards) Can anyone get the answer?

"the most important thing is though" ( 😉 ) You can be Queen, since there is nothing to say we can't have a Queen and King (whether or not they are wearing SHOES). So maybe you're just going to have to battle it out with Ryoko for Queen status?

Crono

------

"Paper or plastic?"
"Not 'Not paper AND not plastic!!'"

-- Augustus DeMorgan (in a grocery store, attr.)

Originally posted by Crono:
You can be Queen, since there is nothing to say we can't have a Queen and King (whether or not they are wearing SHOES). So maybe you're just going to have to battle it out with Ryoko for Queen status?

well, as Ryoko calls herself 'Ryoko, princess of pop' as seen on the tracker, maybe we could have a king, a queen AND a princess. Especially when you consider Lumisa's tremendous age what would even entitle her to call herself 'queen mum' 😉

------------------

(quote)Originally posted by mikrisa:
**Especially when you consider Lumisa's tremendous age what would even entitle her to call herself 'queen mum':)

------------------

**Actually we could do a "countdown" (for all us English types) - we have the numbers
200, 40, 8, 4, 4, 2 and have to make 33... anyone get better than Lumisa's 18? 😉

How about:
(200/8) + (40/4) + 2 - 4
= 25 + 10 -2
= 33
^_^

Originally posted by mikrisa:
**well, as Ryoko calls herself 'Ryoko, princess of pop' as seen on the tracker, maybe we could have a king, a queen AND a princess. Especially when you consider Lumisa's tremendous age what would even entitle her to call herself 'queen mum';)

Heh - I've only called myself that during my .. um... less sober/awake moments... ^^;;; though... I think I may have forgotten to change it once! ^^;;

lol anyways it's funny, I mailed SHOES just before this topic started in which I called Lumisa queen of pop-pop - thought it had got out. Still, I don't want to compete - Lumi-neechan's older (hai, tortology, but so what), and therefore should be Queen (especially as suggested and seconded by others!). I only fluked the last tournament anyway. Besides, everyone fights over being the monarch, and you have all the responsibilities... whilst I could be 'princess' Ryoko as much as I want ^_^ Can have more than one princess, after all.

::pauses to think about it:: Hmm... Ryoko-sempai ^^ ... ::pauses:: Ryoko-sama... lol! nah - just plain Ryoko will do. I don't really like titles, and pride comes before a fall.
^
^

(quote)Originally posted by Ryoko:
**(QUOTE)Originally posted by Crono:
**Actually we could do a "countdown" (for all us English types) - we have the numbers

How about:
(200/8) + (40/4) + 2 - 4
= 25 + 10 -2
= 33
^_^

**(/quote)

well done....here´s our queen of maths!!! (and unrivalled!!)

(quote)Originally posted by Ryoko:
(b)lol anyways it's funny, I mailed SHOES just before this topic started in which I called Lumisa queen of pop-pop - thought it had got out. Still, I don't want to compete - Lumi-neechan's older (hai, tortology, but so what), and therefore should be Queen (especially as suggested and seconded by others!). I only fluked the last tournament anyway. Besides, everyone fights over being the monarch, and you have all the responsibilities... whilst I could be 'princess' Ryoko as much as I want ^_^ Can have more than one princess, after all.

and pride comes before a fall.

**(/quote)

wisely spoken!!

BUT thank you very much, - excuse me (!!??!!) - your suggestion would make me "queen of age", a title i´ld rather not make make a claim on...

------------------

(This message has been edited by lumisa (edited 03-19-2003).)

These quotes don't nest do they? Also... where is the preview button exactly? Especially since I can't edit. Maybe I should register...

Originally posted by lumisa:
**BUT thank you very much, - excuse me (!!??!!) - your suggestion would make me "queen of age", a title i´ld rather not make make a claim on...

heh ^_^; thought that was mikrisa!:

Originally posted by mikrisa:
**well, as Ryoko calls herself 'Ryoko, princess of pop' as seen on the tracker, maybe we could have a king, a queen AND a princess. Especially when you consider Lumisa's tremendous age what would even entitle her to call herself 'queen mum';)

^_~
Gomen! I was just referring to the fact that since you were older than me, you ought to be Queen, and not I. Which... okay, is basically saying on age, which is what you were saying... so... I'll go and sit in the corner.

Baka... -_-;

I think I meant it more on age/skill combo.

Originally posted by Ryoko:
**These quotes don't nest do they? Also... where is the preview button exactly? Especially since I can't edit. Maybe I should register...

^_~
Gomen! I was just referring to the fact that since you were older than me, you ought to be Queen, and not I. Which... okay, is basically saying on age, which is what you were saying... so... I'll go and sit in the corner.

Baka... -_-;

I think I meant it more on age/skill combo.**

🙂 ok, you can come out to play the tournament - we will discuss it afterwards, young lady. 🙂

------------------

(This message has been edited by lumisa (edited 03-19-2003).)

**:) ok, you can come out to play the tournament - we will discuss it afterwards, young lady. 🙂

::lip wobbles, attempts to look all kawaii:: am I going to be scolded? Surely you're in a good mood, if you won the tournament yesterday, ne?

having just read the results topic, maybe I spoke too soon... -_-;

::lip wobbles, attempts to look all kawaii:: am I going to be scolded? Surely you're in a good mood, if you won the tournament yesterday, ne?

Ryoko-chan, you always look kawaii, yo! 😉

------------------
Hi. I'm Dingo. Can I have your baby?

Originally posted by Dingo:
**Ryoko-chan, you always look kawaii, yo! 😉

moshi hitsuyou dattara, kono me-ru wo nihongo demo kakimasu yo...

i think i want my next birthday to be solely in japanese language...-wouldn´t that be kawaii?

otanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu!
minna ga watashi no tomodachi de ureshii desu! ^ _ ^

------------------

(This message has been edited by lumisa (edited 03-21-2003).)

lol ^^ kawaii Ryoko-chan ^_^ (::blushes: 🙂 I like that. I might like it less if I were more sober... but... ^^

::sways slightly, and turns to the next bit::

**Hi. I'm Dingo. Can I have your baby?

Are you Tenchi? ^~ bah, no need for Tenchi... ^^; Did I just say that?!?

Originally posted by lumisa: **
moshi hitsuyou dattara, kono me-ru wo nihongo demo kakimasu yo...

I'm very impressed ^^ Did you look it up yourself, or get someone to do it for you? If you did it yourself, (and wrote the whole 'mail' all in Japanese ^~ - how about kanji next time, ne? ) then you probably know more than I do! ^_^;;

**i think i want my next birthday to be solely in japanese language...-wouldn´t that be kawaii?

Uh... not kawaii exacty IMHO... sugoi, maybe ^_^;

otanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu!

are you wishing yourself happy birthday?! ^^; I'll look again in the morning when I'm more sober, and probably laugh at my bad translation (of this and the rest) ^^;; Oh, or are you just giving an example of your next birthday all in Japanese?

minna ga watashi no tomodachi de ureshii desu! ^ _ ^

awww... sure the feeling's mutual with everyone ^^
... would say more, but not sober enough *
*;

Anyways... time Ryoko-chan was tucked up in bed
Oyasumi-nasai minna!
,,,^^,,,_

hehe... I'm going to regret posting this in the morning, I can just tell...

**I'm very impressed^^ Did you look it up yourself, or get someone to do it for you? If you did it yourself, (and wrote the whole 'mail' all in Japanese ^~ - how about kanji next time, ne? ) then you probably know more than I do! ^_^;;

shi gatsu kara nihongo wo benkyou shimasu! ^ _ ^

**Oh, or are you just giving an example of your next birthday all in Japanese?

hai, mochiron desu!!!

**awww... sure the feeling's mutual with everyone^^
... would say more, but not sober enough *
*;

bi-ru wo takusan nomisugiru koto wa kenkou ni yokunai desu!!

,,,^_^ ,,,

hehe... I'm going to regret posting this in the morning, I can just tell...

hai, watashi mo sou omoimasu. 🙂
minna, konnichiwa. 😉

oh, sorry everyone - as hyko-fisch would say: "speak english!". 🙂 it´s just that sometimes when i hear the language i was brought up in, i just get carried away. (ever since ryoko appeared in the pop-pop-lounge, i tried to keep it under controll - fought the need to speak up, but now the urge just got too strong.
but i promise it wont happen again. 😉 i´ll think of a different language for my next birthday.
------------------

(This message has been edited by lumisa (edited 03-21-2003).)

--snip--
oh, sorry everyone - as hyko-fisch would say: "speak english!". 🙂 it´s just that sometimes when i hear the language i was brought up in, i just get carried away. (ever since ryoko appeared in the pop-pop-lounge, i tried to keep it under controll - fought the need to speak up, but now the urge just got too strong.
but i promise it wont happen again. 😉 i´ll think of a different language for my next birthday.

Dear sweet Lumsia, speak what ever you like!

------------------
I am the fox, let my talk will thrill you, when you get to know me, my smile will chill you. With a name like anklebiter, just what did you expect? (url="http://"http://www.foxchange.com/~matt/anklecam/")web cam(/url)

Um. Okay. Kawaii means cute, I think? After that (i.e. all the following posts) I am very lost! 😕

Originally posted by anklebiter:
**Dear sweet Lumsia, speak what ever you like!

But please translate it for us lesser (or certainly less multi-lingual) mortals!

-------

Even if you do learn to speak correct English, whom are you going to speak it to?
-- Clarence Darrow

(This message has been edited by Crono (edited 03-22-2003).)

**... would say more, but not sober enough _;

I think i read this multiple times now, that You were not sober. Do we have a reason to worry about You? Or do You need help? Or do You just always want to keep a door open to be able to draw back things you did or said? 🙂

ô - ô

**hehe... I'm going to regret posting this in the morning, I can just tell...

Anyway, thanks for your british japanese lessons.

Hitachi nakamichi nintendo hyko yamaha! 😉

------------------

**But please translate it for us lesser (or certainly less multi-lingual) mortals!

-------
oh, i thought everybody here spoke quite a bit of japanese!?? obviously ryoko and dingo do, mikrisa of course grew up in the paddy fields with me,... as far as i know hykos japanese is nearly fluent (proved above), shoes is at least very interested in the language and has been tought quite a lot, lish to me seems very educated too... 🙂 anklebiter doesnt mind (thanks :))...and you i thought, could get it "straight from the horses mouth" and shouldn´t have a problem translating it. 🙂 (i looked this expression up - so i hope it´s not a rude thing to say..."sitting at the source" we would say in germany)
number 279 doesn´t seem to read my posts, so who else is left?
anyway - no more japanese from me.... ^__^;
see you soon
lumisa

for everybody else: i said
that by saying "happy birthday" i was indeed of course talking about my NEXT birthday,
that i agree with ryoko about regretting that post the next day,
and that to much beer is unhealthy.
------------------

(This message has been edited by lumisa (edited 03-22-2003).)

**...and you i thought, could get it "straight from the horses mouth" and shouldn´t have a problem translating it.:) (i looked this expression up - so i hope it´s not a rude thing to say..."sitting at the source" we would say in germany)

No, that's not rude - "straight from the horses mouth" is easier, but the 'horse' in question (at time of writing) hasn't woken up yet 😛

I think I will have to get lessons before your next birthday then, or I'm going to be the only one not understanding it! Perhaps we can do French instead? I used to be good at that, once upon a time! (Except, having said that, you're all going to turn out to be fluent in that too, so perhaps I'd better keep my linguistic ignorance to myself!)

Crono

oooh, i didn´t see that karma raise before !! number 279, i have to apologize - you DID read my posts....you just didn´t answer them. 🙂
well, that´s a nice way of replying too. thanks a lot! 🙂
lumisa

------------------

(This message has been edited by lumisa (edited 03-23-2003).)