Hello...

Hey everyone,
Just sayin' hi.I've had the game for about an hour and I love it. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in due time and maybe playing a net game with y'all ( I don't normally speak like a hic, it's late over here...). As I said, I'm just sayin' hi.

------------------
James Lomax

(url="http://"mailto:explorer84@mailcity.com")mailto:explorer84@mailcity.com(/url)explorer84@mailcity.com

Welcome Mr. Lomax,

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Shaylor. I am better known as Aithon. Many of us amongst the Ares community believe that you are playing one of the best games, and best kept secrets, ever written. It is, hence, exciting to have a new member in the community.

I would recommend, to start off with, that you go to the "Officers' Club" forum and click on the thread "Where're y'all from?". This a running record of Ares players and where they live. There are people from Finland to New Zealand to the shores of the US.

If you have any problems with the single player chapters, check out http://www.axis.n3.net/ and click on "walkthroughs". The website designed and maintained by a fellow who goes by the username "Pax". If your problem is still not resolved, post it in this forum, and you will most likely receive a reply within a few days.

If you are interested in competing against other Ares players, sign up in the "Tourney Registration..." thread.

If you just want to hang out, the best place to do this is at the Officers' Club Bar thread in the Officers' Club forum.

If something wacky is on your mind or if you just want to flame someone, vent your anger in the Trash Talk forum.

If you are interested in developing your own plug-in for Ares, or want the latest news on Hera, check out the Engineering Dept. forum. You can also post bugs here.

Thanks for joining us and keep playing!

This post has been edited by Aithon : 04 January 2007 - 06:07 PM

Welcome James! Its always good to see fresh pray... um i mean faces around here 😉
You just listen to Aithon, he seems to be a smart guy.
But before starting to read all those walkthroughs and guidelines and hints I suggest that you atleast give all the different levels a try.
Theres no need to rush through the entire game. And its always fun (I belive) to atleast give everything you got in trying to figure out how to complete a level.

But ofcouse, that is all up to you. Im glad to see that you are enjoying Ares. And if you haven't played ares on net before i can tell you that it is 20 times the fun!

Just too bad there is so few net levels, but Hera sure will fix that!

------------------
- When in danger or in doubt,
run in circles, scream and shout. -