Saturday 2/15/03 Tournament

this is the tournament page

------------------
Watch the signs,
DarkLight lives!

I will be hosting a tournament on Saturday the 15th of February at 6 p.m. American central time. If you wish to participate, then you will need to e-mail me at "evmeister@earthlink.net." please include your screen name. By the way, my screen name is "WhiteRook" for the duration of the tournament.
Here are the rules:

you must take out ALL custom levels from your pop-pop folder
put a "{ }" around your name during the tournament
play only tournament players for the duration of the tournament
you must have pop-pop v.1.0.2
email me the results of each of your matches
you will play each person in 1 games of 3 matches each on expert except if you're unregistered then play on normal difficulty
every person MUST play every other person before logging out or they will be disqualified
I will post results by Monday and anklebiter has agreed to give a free copy of his game "Cave Dig 3" (a $15 value) to the winner.
I will host a private game telling who is to face who next. Do not try to play it!
put "123" as the password and name of each game to keep people not participating from playing
have fun relax and play good and keep chatting to a minimum (maybe a "gg" but that's it)
the tournament will end exactly 1 hour after it starts.

------------------
Watch the signs,
DarkLight lives!

(This message has been edited by Evmeister (edited 02-15-2003).)

(This message has been edited by Evmeister (edited 02-15-2003).)

Hey i think it's great that you are taking the initive here, but I wanted to clarify a few things.
If there are more than five or six people participating, don't you think three games of two matches each is a bit much? I mean, at the highest, this is nine matches between each player. Even if you sweep all the matches, that's six games. if each one takes about 2 minutes (which isn't that unlikely, and some will probally strech on a bit longer...) we would be looking at only being able to play five people in one hour at the most...assuming you won all your games, everybody started at the same time and everything else went perfectly. Those are some big assumptions, and five people isn't alot. I propose playing one game of three rounds (which would mean the most you would play against one person would be 5 rounds) and having two or three hours to get your scores in.
Also, directing the games (telling who's going to play who, etc.) seems a bit redundant. In previous tourneys (I admit i only have played on one) the system of hosting a game that said "tourny game-anyone i havn't played?" or hosting a game with a list of people you havn't played was an efficient and self managing way of doing things, and helped cut down time that might be wasted if one waited for the person they were scheduled to play next was still in another game.

I know that you might be thinking "why doesn't this guy just host his own tournement?" I, quite honestly, have no motivation or initive, and realise that maybe i shouldn't be whining. However, I thought that these were valid points. Thanks for your consideration. I'm sure everything will work out.

Oh, and another thing...:)
Are passwords really necessary? I can't even spell tournement 🙂

------------------
:)™

fine, I just changed that. okay 🙂

------------------
Watch the signs,
DarkLight lives!

Won't unregistered users be at a huge disadvantage? If we are playing on expert level, then unregistered users can only play for 3 minutes. I see two solutions to this.
1. Do nothing and only have registered users have a shot at the grand prize and face numerous complaint e-mails (or similar)
2. Have a seperate division for unregistered users if there are enough unregistered people entering the tournament.

------------------
Clones are people two.
If UPS and Fed-Ex merged, would they be Fed-Up?
Play a network game of pop-pop before nobody plays and interest goes pop-pop!

(This message has been edited by Thunderforge (edited 02-15-2003).)

okay I changed it

------------------
Watch the signs,
DarkLight lives!

Just in case you can't figure out the times, it is:

America:

EST: 7-8 PM
CST: 6-7 PM
MST: 5-6 PM
PST: 4-5 PM
AST: 3-4 PM
HST: 12 AM-1 PM

Canada:

NST: 8-9 PM
EST: 7-8 PM
CST: 6-7 PM
MST: 5-6 PM
PST: 4-5 PM
YST: 3-4 PM

Britain:

GST: 12-1 AM

-Z

:hat

yes I was aware of that. Are you gonna participate or not?

------------------
Watch the signs,
DarkLight lives!

You took out the rule that you must be on expert level in response to my post. So, what level should we put our games on?

------------------
Clones are people two.

go ahead and try hard

------------------
Watch the signs,
DarkLight lives!

What shall we do, if we don't get a connection to a participant of ther tourney?
I've got a hard time trying to join {Jo} @ the moment ...

😕

cu
/LISH

it's not 6pm central yet is it

------------------
Watch the signs,
DarkLight lives!

I want to perticipate in the tournomint

It was a good Tournament. I noiced at the beginning that games were being assigned. Later, we just played whoever was available. Also, I think we scared off a few newbies by saying that we were in a tournament and couldn't play them.

And I know that I someow crashed Evmiester's computer three times and LISH's computer once. It seems like it is an obscure bug that is related to registered users playing DEMO players (I was DEMO FireFlash).

------------------
Clones are people two.

Posted Image

And remember, the winner of this tounament wins a free copy of Cave Dig 3, by yours truely.
When you win, send me an email and post something on the web board for verifacation.

------------------
With a name like anklebiter, what do you expect? I am the fox -- my talk will thrill you, get to know me, my smile will chill you. (url="http://"http://www.foxchange.com/~matt/anklecam/")anklebiter's web cam(/url)
-----------------

Thanks for the games, everyone

Great fun - resolutions for next time:
(Suggesiton to admin) 1am is not too good for us in the UK (I know Shoes and Lumisa are also there)
(Suggestion to self) too much wine with dinner before and later during playing is bad for gameplay.

^_~

Who won? (come claim your prize!) And if you all would like to host another tourney, I can provide another prize.

Originally posted by Ryoko:
**Thanks for the games, everyone

(Suggesiton to admin) 1am is not too good for us in the UK (I know Shoes and Lumisa are also there)
(Suggestion to self) too much wine with dinner before and later during playing is bad for gameplay.

^_~**

------------------
With a name like anklebiter, what do you expect? I am the fox -- my talk will thrill you, get to know me, my smile will chill you. (url="http://"http://www.foxchange.com/~matt/anklecam/")anklebiter's web cam(/url)
-----------------

(This message has been edited by anklebiter (edited 02-16-2003).)

Originally posted by Evmeister:
**I will post results by Monday and anklebiter has agreed to give a free copy of his game "Cave Dig 3" (a $15 value) to the winner.

Anklebiter, this is what Evmiester said, so be patient.

------------------
Clones are people two.

Originally posted by Ryoko:
**Thanks for the games, everyone

^_~**

Well, that sounds like an excusion to me ...
😉
I know you can do better than last saturday night but if you drink&play; - well, I find it's weired to try if it might work and then, if it doesn't, mention the having been dirnkin' almost accindentally ...
No offence Ryoko - I know you are a good player and you are nice, too!
But d'you know what I mean?

Great tourney, by the way (aside from my osx-crashes, that occured times when I tried to compete DEMO-FireFlash and once facing DEMO-Zach)
Thx, WhiteRock! 🙂
/LISH

You should try playing whilst grossly hung over on a Sunday morning... 😛

------------------
Hi. I'm Dingo. Can I have your baby?