Controls do nothing?

I've just downloaded Pop-Pop 1.0.2, and something seems to be broken.

I can adjust the volume within the game, and I think I can activate the magnet, but I am unable to get the playing piece to move at all, or "charge" the thing with the fire button.

When I open the configuration panel for the game controls, there are no listings for movement at all.

I'm at something of a loss here.

About the only thing I can do is watch the ball bounce vertically up and down on the screen, bouncing off the paddle at the bottom until the game ends.

I'll just assume that's not how the game is played <grin>

I've tried downloading and re-installing the software, to no avail. I saw someone else had a problem where they could not configure the controls at all, and a note to download the software "from this site, not a mirror"... I attempted to do this, but all I could find were links that looked to be from mirror sites.

The previous note said to try downloading the patch and installing it over the initial install, but when I attempt this, it says files are missing from the game folder and it's unable to continue. (No, I did not delete the game folder).

Anyway, I'd love to try the game, if anyone can help me get it running.

Coyote

------------------

I myself am drawing a blank on your issue but you can catch the eye of David Dunham (Ambrosia tech support) more easily if you post your problem in the "Help on the way" board, which you can navigate to by using the pop-up menu at the bottom right corner of the window. Make sure to include your system configuration when you post, especially your operating system. Hope you can figure it out!

Oh, and one more thing now that I reread your post, actually. there are no listings for paddle movement because you use your mouse to do that. maybe that's why you're having problems! Your mouse is what you use to move the paddle, and you don't even have to touch the keyboard when you're playing if you have a 2-button mouse. Also, if your mouse doesn't seem to be recognized, try turning on legacy mouse mode (OS X only I believe) in the preferences. If this doesn't help, then there's some deeper issue that someone else may be able to solve.

------------------

If you use a third-party mouse, there may be something you have to do to make it work in pop pop. It's unlikely, but possible.

------------------
This sentance makes no sense.