Not found error

Seems to me both of the people reporting problems have third-party G3 upgrade cards in very old machines. That could be the cause of it.
One was using 9.0.4. I'd be interested if they tried to start up from 9.1 CD or 9.2.1 CD (not sure if they contain Game Sprockets or not) and start up pop-pop off their hard drives.

If you have access to either systems, or can have a custom startup CD made with the newer systems and Sprockets installed - it might be worth a look.

------------------
If you think I'm being mean, please tell me. I was actually going for NASTY!!

Originally posted by jinx:
**Seems to me both of the people reporting problems have third-party G3 upgrade cards in very old machines. That could be the cause of it.
One was using 9.0.4. I'd be interested if they tried to start up from 9.1 CD or 9.2.1 CD (not sure if they contain Game Sprockets or not) and start up pop-pop off their hard drives.

If you have access to either systems, or can have a custom startup CD made with the newer systems and Sprockets installed - it might be worth a look.

Mac OS 9.x comes with all the Game Sprockets, pretty sure of it.. mine did..

------------------
One step beyond!
pop-pop web board moderator.
+----------------+

Originally posted by jinx:
**Seems to me both of the people reporting problems have third-party G3 upgrade cards in very old machines. That could be the cause of it.

Actually, 'Bumming Out' posted he/she was having the same problem on a 333 iMac, so the problem doesn't seem to be limited to nubus machines with G3 upgrades.

Originally posted by SameProblem:
Actually, 'Bumming Out' posted he/she was having the same problem on a 333 iMac, so the problem doesn't seem to be limited to nubus machines with G3 upgrades.

No- I was speaking of the continuing problems posted here. "Bumming Out" solved their problem with the correct sprockets install.

harderduo and you seem to both have upgrade CPUs.

------------------
If you think I'm being mean, please tell me. I was actually going for NASTY!!

We were the ones with one of the older G3 upgraded machines running 9.04. I did install the latest game sprockets, sound manager and internet config on top of 9.04 as well as running QuickTime Pro 5.X and all relevant QT extensions so I don't think the 9.04 System is really the issue. Besides, this game is supposed to play back to 8.6 or something and I have 8.6 on another partition with all the latest and greatest described here and it doesn't work either. These older machines with G3 upgrade cards can be a problem. I've had other games that wouldn't run. Sometimes it really is a bus or other older HW issue but more often it's just that the developer never tested on such configurations. At any rate however, I've been in touch with Ambrosia help on this and they as well as the developer consider this a bug and know how to fix it and have promised to do so. They do not however have a date promised.

Yes I have the same problem on the same type of computer. just so that you can add another computer to your tally.

------------------
You just proved signatures work.
STILL Lord Demonthenes but my other account is screwd.

Hey everyone. Pop pop 1.02 solved the not found error for us.

Congrats!

------------------
Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things. It's worth bearing this in mind when visiting.
-Douglas Adams, Salmon of Doubt