Mouse Problems

I've just downloaded Pop-Pop, and whenever I start it up the mouse freezes. It's okay on the loading screen, but as soon as it's image changes it stops working and I'm forced to restart. I'm using a Wacom mouse. What's going wrong?

------------------
MUSH addict
telnet:MUSH.pennmush.org:4201
Web:www.pennmush.org

Originally posted by Kelsan:
**I've just downloaded Pop-Pop, and whenever I start it up the mouse freezes. It's okay on the loading screen, but as soon as it's image changes it stops working and I'm forced to restart. I'm using a Wacom mouse. What's going wrong?

It could be something with the mouse driver, I am not sure. See maybe if attaching a regular mouse helps out...

------------------
-- One step beyond, Yo' Fox

Originally posted by anklebiter:
**It could be something with the mouse driver, I am not sure. See maybe if attaching a regular mouse helps out...

Unfortunately my normal mice don't work, which is why I got a Wacom mouse in the first place. I've had two Apple mice and both have stopped working within two months of getting them.

------------------
MUSH addict

I know, my apple mice have died too, but not that fast... I currently use a Kensington mouse, and the two buttons help greatly for playing pop-pop...

------------------
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like grandpa; Not yelling and screaming like the passangers in his car.

Originally posted by Kelsan:
**I've just downloaded Pop-Pop, and whenever I start it up the mouse freezes. It's okay on the loading screen, but as soon as it's image changes it stops working and I'm forced to restart. I'm using a Wacom mouse. What's going wrong?

i have this problem when i start-up in a window. usually, i can get it to go back to full screen with the command-f option, which jumpstarts the mouse.

------------------
"You suck. You're worthless. You contribute nothing to society. You're costly to your fellow man. Your genes are unwanted by the opposite sex. You have a small pee pee."
Battlenet: ev3-antihero
(url="http://"http://antihero.sourcecod.com")Sourcecod With a Twist(/url) (url="http://"http://antihero.sourcecod.com/destruction/HTML/store.html")Shirts You Want to Wear.(/url)

hello kelsan,

what os? be specific please.
fullscreen or windowed or both?
does the wacom mouse work need to be used with a tablet or is it just a normal mouse?
is the mouse disabled in other application too? (can you command-tab out of pop or otherwise exit pop?)

wrangler

------------------

Originally posted by popWrangler:
**hello kelsan,

what os? be specific please.
fullscreen or windowed or both?
does the wacom mouse work need to be used with a tablet or is it just a normal mouse?
is the mouse disabled in other application too? (can you command-tab out of pop or otherwise exit pop?)

wrangler

1. 9.0.4
  2. I've tried both, but usually fullscreen
    3 It needs a tablet
  3. The mouse is disabled while Pop-Pop is running. Pop-Pop seems to disable outside commands like command-tab.

------------------
MUSH addict

hello again kelsan,
i dont have any suggestions at the moment for getting your wacom mouse to work. but i know i have one in a box somewhere so i'll see if i cant fix the problem.

wrangler

------------------

I'm running pop-pop on a beige g3 with a 500mhz g4 chip and 640 mb ram in 10.1.5. I'm running it in window mode.

If the water option is off, fps is ~90, and the "paddle" tracks as fast as the mouse. (Normal)

If water option is on, fps is ~28, and the "paddle" tracks maybe a third as fast. The game seems to be running at the same speed...i.e. the ball moves at the same speed (albeit at less fps), but the paddle tracks incredibly slow. I have to move my mouse more than twice the distance to move the paddle from one side to the other than with option water turned off.

Is this a performance issue? Is this a bug in the calculation of paddle speed? Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Starfish

Sorry to bring this topic back up, but I still can't get the mouse to work in Pop-Pop. Does anyone have any ideas?

------------------
MUSH addict