Resolution switching?

This has happened a couple of times while playing a network game. I start off in full screen mode and halfway through it blanks and switches to windowed mode. It's kind of distracting (but no excuse for my lame gameplay :)). Has anyne else seen this happen?

------------------
Hi. I'm Dingo. Can I have your baby?

Originally posted by Dingo:
**This has happened a couple of times while playing a network game. I start off in full screen mode and halfway through it blanks and switches to windowed mode. It's kind of distracting (but no excuse for my lame gameplay:) ). Has anyne else seen this happen?

I have not seen this happen before. My guess is you may have another app trying to take over? As for lame game play, I don't think it is lame, it is actually good.

------------------
-- One step beyond, Yo' Fox

hello dingo,

is it possible that you are accidently hitting command-F while playing? on a multi-button mouse sometimes one of the buttons is mapped to command-click.

do you have multiple monitors? does pop remain the frontmost application?

wrangler

------------------

Originally posted by popWrangler:
**hello dingo,

is it possible that you are accidently hitting command-F while playing? on a multi-button mouse sometimes one of the buttons is mapped to command-click.

do you have multiple monitors? does pop remain the frontmost application?

wrangler

Thanks for your attention, wrangler.

I'm using a 2-button microsoft optical USB mouse with a scrolly-wheel button thing. SInce I don't need the keyboard, I usually stow it under my monitor so I don't think I'm accidentally hitting command-F, but I guess it's not impossible. I've configured the mouse to only use the two main buttons, all command- and option-clicks disabled.

I'm not using multiple monitors and pop is the only app (other than remote access and finder) running at the time. I've never had it happen when playing vs computer or puzzle, only during an online game.

If it helps any, I'm running it on a 450MHz Sawtooth G4, 56.6K internal modem, Rage128Pro, 17" Apple CRT and OS 9.2.1. It only happened once last night so I'll keep an eye out for future events. If it's an extension conflict, it's gonna be a bugger to track down since it occurs only infrequently.

anklebiter: thanks lots 🙂

------------------
Hi. I'm Dingo. Can I have your baby?