The MacOS X Multiplayer Issue

I feel I need to revisit the Mulitplayer Issue for MacOS X on GR. Every once in a while when I play my paddle will not charge and the magnet will not work, leaving me helpless to the sway of wherever the ball may go (and the rubber duckies). The game continues fine but it wont charge or magnet the ball and I have now lost two games with Pfhorslayer because of this and he thinks I am making it up (Heaven forbid he looks to the other side). It might not be that big of a problem now, but I have a feel that 1.01 update should of fixed this issue, or you thought it did.

------------------
Passion rules
Reason.

Originally posted by Jalai:
**I feel I need to revisit the Mulitplayer Issue for MacOS X on GR. Every once in a while when I play my paddle will not charge and the magnet will not work, leaving me helpless to the sway of wherever the ball may go (and the rubber duckies). The game continues fine but it wont charge or magnet the ball and I have now lost two games with Pfhorslayer because of this and he thinks I am making it up (Heaven forbid he looks to the other side). It might not be that big of a problem now, but I have a feel that 1.01 update should of fixed this issue, or you thought it did.

It's possible this bug is still around, however more information is needed from you.
Machine, system, RAM, what other background apps you have running, other USB or firewire devices.

A few testers reported this, but were unable to reproduce it with any regularity.

------------------

Originally posted by jinx:
**It's possible this bug is still around, however more information is needed from you.
Machine, system, RAM, what other background apps you have running, other USB or firewire devices.

A few testers reported this, but were unable to reproduce it with any regularity.

I am having this problem too Jinx. There are several and I am going to start to make up a mater list of things that should be fixed. The mouse clicks not working is indeed one of them.

------------------
-- One step beyond, Yo' Fox

Originally posted by anklebiter:
**I am having this problem too Jinx. There are several and I am going to start to make up a mater list of things that should be fixed. The mouse clicks not working is indeed one of them.

G4 Titatnium MacOS X, 256mb of Ram, Internet Explorer sometimes, and when the tracker was down gameranger, a scanner, and a CD burner are the only things using USBs.

------------------
Passion rules
Reason.

Oh, I had that problem too.. I attributed it too starting the game before all my background apps loaded. Now I have no problems, if I wait until LauchBar loads.. iMac G3 500Mhz running 10.1.5 with a FireWire HD and USB printer (right now they're off to save energy, could also be a problem) Apps loaded at startup: iTunes Helper, RandomBackround, cocAspell.service, SymSecondaryLaunch, Launchbar.

Hope this helps!
(edit: I am a unregistered user, playing vrs computer, yes, it did happen verus computer, but I believe control worked as the mouse button when M.B. didn't work)
------------------
macmaxbh
"I don't need romance." Zak Kebron told her confidently. "I have goldfish."

(This message has been edited by macmaxbh (edited 07-19-2002).)

I've found one cause of this: Menu Extras crashing. (Menu Extras seem to all be handled by one application, when when it crashes, all the menu extras disappear and then relaunch/reappear one by one.)

Usually, my menu extras only crash and relaunch sometimes when I use the scripting menu extra and AppleScript crashes.. But when I'm playing pop-pop, my menu extras occasionally crash for no apparent reason. I can seem them relaunching at the top of the screen, and when this happens, my mouse button stops working until I cmd-tab out and then come back.

I'm using Mac OS X 10.1.5 and the battery, volume, display, airport, scripting, and date/time menu extras.

------------------