Hunter Missiles

I've run into a problem with the way guided missiles work and affect other objects in Ares: Override. What I want is for guided missiles to work exactly like they do in EVO, they track their targets but aren't shot at and no real attempt is made to avoid them.

The problem I'm having is this: If I make guided missiles not hated it almost works, they aren't shot at and no real attempt is made to avoid them. But the enemy ships and stations still know they are there and if an enemy missile is closer than an enemy the ship being fired upon will not return fire even if it is in range to do so.The problem seems to be that the missiles must have can engage checked to actually track but since they can engage they are targeted by enemy ships thus causing the enemy ships not to fire at other enemies. And of course if I do it the other way and have the missiles being hated the ships being fired upon will expend precious ammo on things they can't hit.

Is there some combination that I'm missing that will let my missiles guide but not interfere with the rest of the combat situation?

------------------
Help save Ares, write a plugin!

I believe that objects with the "can engage" flag set are always of interest to other objects with the "can engage" flag set -- the "hated" flag only determines if the weapons will be triggered.

If memory serves, you might be able to exclude the missiles from interest by setting at least one "level" flag. For example, the defense drones are ignored by all ships except the repair pods, because they have "level" flags set.

Yep, that worked. I set the missiles with the Only Engaged By flag and then the Engage Key A.

------------------
Help save Ares, write a plugin!