Vegeta's idea2

Can you edit that link a bit, it's stretching the page.

------------------
I just realised...I hate huge signatures and I have one myself- DOH!

Originally posted by Joveia:
...I conclusively proved that calculations via an appropriately intelligent programmed calculator were far better for equalising factions and alot of other stuff toe-to-toe comparisons afford (even some interesting, 'inventory' rules which spiced up my pre-plugin quite alot. If you ask - results please? Then please download SETR multiplayer lite from the addons page, or even if you can still find it, my old SETR public beta/betas. Almost everything there, damage, weapons, the ****load, were done with a calculator and piece of paper.

(/B)

Proved to who? I would like to see the formula or part of one that you used...

Heh... I hope you don't count this as proof ...http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum13/HTML/000267.html

------------------
I thought of a great sig yesterday and now can't remember what it was... Oh and I'm apparently not very well liked by Joveia for reasons unknown to me... or him...
Ares plugins to date: Earth's Journey Back To The Stars, Scenario Contest and Cantharan vs. Ishiman.
Ares plugins in development: Star Trek: Ares, Viva La Resistance.

Originally posted by Skyfox:
Ok how many people want to fly around in a spaceship and then blow themselves up? Maybe a great way to get rid of crazy teenagers... But then again i don't think that even teenagers would be dumb enough for that.

If soldiers are willing to die for their cause, why not do it in a suicide bombing? It seems to be the main tactic used by terrorists these days.

Suicide bombing is always done on an important scale, destroy something really vital to the enemy. And then, less then 50 people in all are used. (Even the japanese kamikaze pilots targeted mainly aircraft carriers which were the center of the real power in the pacific war)

Stilletos are meant to be small ships with very small crew (1 or 2). And your fleet will always take losses and make kills, why not have a somewhat fixed ratio (by making the job of the pilots easier but have a fixed your guys/their guys ratio) for this instead of have the battles turn out randomly (due to difficult operations and varying pilot skill)? Stilletos can get very heavy damage done very fast, severely damaging larger ships. They're cheap, they dump 1200 damage out quickly with their missiles, and they do very heavy damage. Upon suicide.

Also, this makes it less enticing for the player to want to pilot these craft. And, after all you want to make the player be interested in flying all the ships. And with such limited options, i dot think the player would want to pilot a stillito.

I would rather trust myself to ram an enemy vessel and successfully deliver missiles than the ai. Besides, there are games out there where the player can guide their missiles (which is essentially what stilletos are after they're out of ammo), and said missiles are always very effective. It'd give the player more variety in what sort of tactics they use when flying various ships than if they entered combat normally.

(EDIT) 3 things:

If I seemed somewhat pissed/arrogant/etc., I apologize. Several things have become bad in the RealWorld™ recently, and I'm tired, so I'm noticing that I'm behaving in somewhat of a silly fashion each once in a while.

I'll work on stats soonish, I just got home from a week at summer camp and want some time relaxing with the great luxury before working again, if you would call it "work".

And I'll see what I can do about the way the pirate ships look.(/EDIT)

------------------
"Vampiric chickens are spiffy. Bak bak bak ARRR!"

(This message has been edited by Mag Steelglass (edited 06-30-2002).)

**Originally posted by brookeview:Heh... I hope you don't count this as proof ...http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum13/HTML/000267.html

This prob'ly isn't worth responding to...

My calculations will be revealed, I just need to re-do them because my sister deleted all of them when mum idiotically handed her my calculator. How ****ing annoying eh?

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Originally posted by Joveia:
**This prob'ly isn't worth responding to...

My calculations will be revealed, I just need to re-do them because my sister deleted all of them when mum idiotically handed her my calculator. How ****ing annoying eh?

Heh... Sure whatever you say Joveia 😉

------------------
I thought of a great sig yesterday and now can't remember what it was... Oh and I'm apparently not very well liked by Joveia for reasons unknown to me... or him...
Ares plugins to date: Earth's Journey Back To The Stars, Scenario Contest and Cantharan vs. Ishiman.
Ares plugins in development: Star Trek: Ares, Viva La Resistance.

Originally posted by brookeview:
Heh... Sure whatever you say Joveia;)

Let me ask you this: what profit can I have in lying? You know already that I have a vested interest in calculation. I've already stated on numerous occasions that I used thse calculations to make SETR, and I've already provided ample evidence for it (played SETR?).

Now, if the balancing in SETR was done as a result of fine gameplay acumen, then I might have something better to boast over. Quite frankly, if SETR was held together as a result of mere calculations, less respect to me.

------------------
Everything can be expressed in 2. 2+2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.

****ing cookies

------------------

Starting tomorrow, im going to be on vacation for two weeks. Considering how slow this project is going i don't think i'll be missed, but don't wait for me to get back to send me the stuff.

------------------
"Whether you want to or not, one day, EVERY knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is lord to the glory of God the father."

Bye-eee-why-eeeeeeeeeee!

------------------