War In The Void Progress Log

Bah.

------------------
"I am the supreme dictator of the universe, it's just that nobody knows about it yet."
"Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow."

If I can be a beta tester of this plugin, then I would like to.

-----------
"Down with signatures!"

(This message has been edited by Count Altair El Alemein (edited 03-06-2001).)

Sure. I have a team of development testers right now, but when it gets to be time for beta testing of the various included plugs (the first one might be in a month or so, if we're lucky), I'll have you on the beta team. A friend of mine in the RealWorld™ is also on it, and I think the two of you should be enough.

------------------
"I am the supreme dictator of the universe, it's just that nobody knows about it yet."

Put me on it too... please? 😉

I love a challenge...

------------------
--Talon_Karrde, MoD, 61:4--
Visit (url="http://"http://www.planetarion.com")www.planetarion.com(/url) and sign up for some real gaming experience!

Response to my post: Actually, that estimate was off, I posted that when I was tired. Probably more like 2 months. (It's been about a month, and we're about a third of the way through the first plug).

Talon: Sorry. I think 2 people should be enough, and I want to keep this down to a minimum of people. When I finish this and release it, though, you'll have a huge, bug free plug to try.

------------------

explodes with impatience

------------------
This Vid is a bit like my beast; extremely long, and best enjoyed with a mouthful of nuts.
-Ali G.

3/14/01: Well, I've been working on a couple things besides WITV, because WITV won't be out for a long time anyway.

I've been making a website, which is mostly boring stuff about my plugs ;), but I'm planning on getting a reviews section going which I'll be updating regularly.

I've also begun work on another plug, which is an arcade game style plug. When I get my site up, I'll put a link to the section about the other plug.

------------------

Bold stuff is for WITV
Italic stuff is for Pixel Wars

3/25/01:

**Well, I started working on WITV again today (I haven't worked on it for at least a week), and got another level pretty much done. I also found and fixed a bug that my testers had missed...:p

I made a preview movie that I was planning on showing at my birthday party on GR, but the thing's 93.4mb, and I don't think it'll get within yahoo's limit if I stuff it, anyways, so it would appear that it's gonna stay mine.**

Pixel Wars is an arcade-game style plug that I'm working on along with WITV, because Pixel Wars is likely to get done relatively soon, and will be a very good plug. It features how the colors on color monitors are beginning to be angered at each other, and are going to war. Pyro and I are working on it together, so it will:
A. Get done faster.
B. Be larger/better.
C. All of the above.
I'm hoping for C. Anyways, we're looking at (all of the following are singleplayer or multiplayer capable) a campaign, a special level all on its own that will be different enough from the others to be all by itself, and a set of ten basic levels with many variations on each that will be very good (racing, hunting down lone ships, capture the flag, and many many more (seven more, to be exact)).

Spring Break has just started for me, and I should make lots of progress on both plugs.

------------------

Originally posted by Mag Steelglass:
Bold stuff is for WITV
Italic stuff is for Pixel Wars

3/25/01:

**Well, I started working on WITV again today (I haven't worked on it for at least a week), and got another level pretty much done. I also found and fixed a bug that my testers had missed...:p

I made a preview movie that I was planning on showing at my birthday party on GR, but the thing's 93.4mb, and I don't think it'll get within yahoo's limit if I stuff it, anyways, so it would appear that it's gonna stay mine.**

Pixel Wars is an arcade-game style plug that I'm working on along with WITV, because Pixel Wars is likely to get done relatively soon, and will be a very good plug. It features how the colors on color monitors are beginning to be angered at each other, and are going to war. Pyro and I are working on it together, so it will:
A. Get done faster.
B. Be larger/better.
C. All of the above.
I'm hoping for C. Anyways, we're looking at (all of the following are singleplayer or multiplayer capable) a campaign, a special level all on its own that will be different enough from the others to be all by itself, and a set of ten basic levels with many variations on each that will be very good (racing, hunting down lone ships, capture the flag, and many many more (seven more, to be exact)).

Spring Break has just started for me, and I should make lots of progress on both plugs.

bold about witv
italics about pixel warz

bah to bugs, ever scince you've stopped working on it ive stoppped beta- testing it so:p
Bah 93 meg movies. What do you mean birthday party on GR anyways???

Yah thats all about right

bah to spring break mine ended last week :frown:

------------------
just take my post, and imagine everything is speeled right.
nickel count: 10

Originally posted by Pyro:
What do you mean birthday party on GR anyways???**

Officer's Club, Pyro, Officer's Club. :rolleyes:

------------------

4/9/01:

**I've gotten Confederate Field Mission 10 done and sent it to the testers. I threatened to go on a WITV strike to get reviews, and actually pretended that I was on a WITV strike for a while. It worked to some extent - I got five reviews from Darkk and Laguna says he'll have five to me sometime tomorrow - and I now have a reviews section of my site with reviews!:) **

I've sent some Pixel Wars stuff to Pyro, and I think we'll start moving right along soon.

------------------
"Why do we have to mow our lawns? What's wrong with the 'natural' look?!?"
Visit my site, if you're interested:
(url="http://"http://www.MSPlugDevelopment.n3.net")www.MSPlugDevelopment.n3.net(/url)
Email me at vertical_file@yahoo.com with a review and a rating (out of 100) for an Ares plug, and I'll put it on the reviews section.

7/3/01:

I haven't been working on WITV as much as I should have or would have liked to. It's now a long time since I got level 10 done, and I'm only on level 14. I'm trying to start spending more time on it, though, and I'll hopefully have the Confederate section done by the end of summer, and have a good deal started on whichever one my testers make me do next.

Pixel Wars never really got anywhere since my last post in this. It's basically dead, although I might make it sometime in the far future.

------------------
"Whoever said that the pen is mightier than the sword was on something."
(url="http://"http://www.MSPlugDevelopment.n3.net")My Ares Website(/url)
Plug reviews are appreciated...