New to editing Ares...what's Hera?

I'm definitely not new to Ares, but i was unaware for a long time that it was editable! I heard of Hera while i was looking through plugs but i don't know where to find it. If someone could tell me about Hera and the jist of how Ares editing works, i'd appreciate it.

------------------
It is not fear that will
destroy you, but the
absence of it.

http://www.AmbrosiaS...TML/000131.html
go to this link.

This post has been edited by Patrick : 25 September 2007 - 02:39 PM

if i had a nickel for everytime that link was posted I could buy a G4 cube.

------------------

Originally posted by Pyro:
**if i had a nickel for everytime that link was posted I could buy a G4 cube.

Wow. G4s must be really cheap where you are...

But on the subject at hand: Hera is a powerful, complicated editing tool for Ares. While basic editing functions are reasonably easy, to create really interesting and involving plug-ins takes a firm grasp of mathematics and logic.

Download it, play with it, and if you can't understand most of it within an hour or so, forget about it.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Originally posted by SA:
Wow. G4s must be really cheap where you are...

I must have heard it more times than you 😄

Originally posted by SA:
Download it, play with it, and if you can't understand most of it within an hour or so, forget about it.

thats not what i did and i understand it... now at least.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Pyro (edited 11-12-2000).)

Give up after an hour?! It took me three betas before I knew what I was doing 🙂

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could have devised it. On my command, we will line up our ships and fly straight into the enemy death-cannons clogging them with wreckage.

Well, you understood most of it after an hour, right? Or maybe I'm just special...

Anyway, it's a powerful tool. If you want to produce that wonder-plug, be prepared to spend hours upon hours on it, even if you aren't including new graphics.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Originally posted by Sundered Angel:
**Well, you understood most of it after an hour, right?

Not really, but then I challenge anyone to get something done with the first or second betas.

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could have devised it. On my command, we will line up our ships and fly straight into the enemy death-cannons clogging them with wreckage.