Some new weapons

Replicant: Yes, I was sort of thinking about the inacuracy thing, and I thought, what if you had 1 very rapid, 0 offset weapon. It would launch missles really fast, and after a very short distance, they expire and turn into different missles with even lower accuracy, and so on until each missle had gone the range of an average concusion missle. It wouldn't be noticible, because they break up. It would look like they're wavering around, unsure of what to lock onto, and if they fired fast enough, it would hopefully look neat. Unfortunately, I was thinking that this many objects switching around might screw up. Sorry if that doesn't make a bunch of sense, but oh well.

------------------
Do you go to the country?
It isn't very far.
There's people there who will hurt you
because of who you are.

-Coffee and TV

The H*LL WITH THE FACTS, but in Ares ships can warp and thus a warpcannon is possible. Slug, I say you one thing: things doesn't have to be so scientific in here 😉

Although I have shared many facts and theories, please give me an opportunity to share an idea that IS NOT all that POSSIBLE in reality.
In Ares it is possible and to Ares that idea of mine was for.

But about those cluster missiles:
I think that they'd be kinda 🆒
Those mines would be even better.
D-GUN BWAAHAAHAAA copied from TA though, but I love that thing :rolleyes: and I'm going to make one to Ares (HERA NEEDED BADLY!! I'm almost out of sanity) as you've all probably already read.
DAMN the fact that I am not a good drawer/artist :mad:

------------------
Strange just a moment ago I was flying through a dense asteroid field but now I feel quite cold And just what happened to my
H-Cruiser?!?

Question: can you make a beam that pulls the target toward the firing ship? If so I was thinking, a black hole. When you get near it a beam grabs your ship and pulls you in, when you get closer another shorter range beam locks on, one which also does damage. Then when you get really close a third beam which does a lot of damage locks on. What do you think?

------------------

Is there a way to make it look like your weapon has to charge first before firing? I was thinking of something like the thing the big-red-impossible-to -beat ship (in mars rising) shoots. Cause that would be pretty cool. Yeah I also like the idea of mines. 🙂 There could also be a mine that is pretty basic that a ship could drop behind it, then it would cloak intill something came within a certain range of it then it would head towards it really fast. Also besides the warping thing lets try to keep things at least a little scientific in here, i mean we dont want someone suggesting a weapon that shoots magic fruit cakes that explode into millions of pink elephants that have faces that resemble Ronald Ragan, cause that would be ****ing retarded... or would it?-no, it would suck. 😉

Some weapons are way to hard to program here...

------------------
Visit my Ares Website at

http://themightyRW.h...m/AresPage.html

For some reason, u have to copy and paste.
I'm building it and need
some of Ares community's
input.

"There will be a day on Earth when a great evil will descend. This evil force will be called Ford Motor Company. It will set new standards: Lower than the fiery pit. By losing Volvo's uncorrupted state, Earth is vulnerable. And then, it will be time to attack."

-Nokis, Salrilian Prophet

G'day all,
I've been reading all of ur posts, and just to let you know, im studying
psychology at uni now. Garbo man, as far as im concerned, u must live a very sheltered life, trying to pick up chix on the net and when they turn u down u take it out on everyone here. Another thing, unless garboman has a pc which is running a program like softmac or somthing similar, his computer isnt goin to melt. Face it guys no matter how much u hate him he owns a mac ;). but how he got a hold of one ill never know 😛

Anyway since u guys are talking about warp homing missiles, which detach from mobile fighter bays that can build heavy cruisers that can create themselves from nothing, I thought id chuck in an idea of my own. Its not as far fetched, but anyway.
*Remote Guided Missiles: Your ship can launch missiles which detach from the fusselage of your ship (you can only carry 2). Once fired you automatically switch control from your ship to the missile. You can control the missile just like you would a ship, until you either hit your target or the missile is destroyed. Once the missile is detonated you automatically gain control of your ship again.
other info:
-Your ship becomes cloaked as soon as you fire the missile, this is to protect your ship from enemies whilst you attend to some more important matters... 🙂
-Incase of emergencies (such as you have accidentally guided your missile into a fleet of your own ships) you can disable the missile by simply pressing a key
-The longer your missile is air-bourne, the less damage it causes on impact.
-The missile has no weapons but has a weak shield used to protect itself from enemy fire, this is automatically removed once your enter your targets aura.

Is this possible pax??

------------------
'No matter how safe you are hidden from the deadliest of enemies, you can never escape yourself ' --Cormach Hafgan

Sigh, I posted a question but no one noticed, or they just ignored it, or maybe no one who knows the answer read it. Anyway, the question was, can you make a beam weapon (or any other weapon for that matter) the pulls the target toward the firing ship?

Bob,
I think u prolly culd, if u have ever played Escape Velocity, on the Alien Cruiser there is a weapon called a Tractor Beam. I reckon u culd have one but itd take up a hell of a lot of energy 🙂
ask pax!

------------------
'No matter how safe you are hidden from the deadliest of enemies, you can never escape yourself ' --Cormach Hafgan

Uh, yes there is a tractor beam in EV, but it's not on the Alien Cruiser, and it just holds the ship in place, it doesn't pull the ship closer, which is what I want.

So far, fraid not... not really. I've asked for that as a Hera feature, but since I lost email, don't have the password (etc.,etc., woe is Replicant), I don't know if it's implemented.

------------------
Replicant
www.axis.n3.net

Come on!
If Hera can make the Gaitori Homing Pulse trail and the Salrilian T-bolt effect, you can do anything with Hera.

-Slug

------------------
Would you like to ride on your own ass?
-Advertisement for donkey rides in Thailand

Could you make a ship that seeks, explodes on impact (basically a missle,) but which has weapons? Because I'm thinking Battle Drones... Now that would be cool. You could have a Drone Base constructor which would move out into a certain spot, and build a Drone factory, which would be a station which you could only build drones at, they could all stay around the station, and blam, deathtrap for enemy ships.

Or what about a construction ship, which flies around and can build bases, which are destroyable, have little health, and can build one type of ship? Maybe have it build scaled down powerstations too...

Don't mind me, just thinking of ways to make Ares more a strategy game than it already is.

------------------
No one here needs your kind of redemption.

Hmmm... I have an idea, you could make a missile that, when fired gains your target, therefore a missile that you can tell which ship you want it to go after. This would, of course, only be useful at long range because of the time it would take to target the right ship. And the only problems I can see is if it stops near the target like a ship does, and the computer would be able to target the right ship in less then a second.

How about a missile which is technically a "ship." You target an enemy, it heads over, and its only weapon is 20 pixel range. The weapon is fired off 20 pixels before impact, and the ship missile is destroyed as part of the weapon. This way, there is a slight pause, then a guaranteed hit upon the targeted ship.

------------------
Once caalaklael, now Pallas Athene
---
Athena, daughter and favorite of Zeus, half sister of Ares, goddess of wisdom and war

You guys are not thinking about this correctly. Do not think ship or weapon but object. Look at the non-ship/non weapon things in Ares and try to think in terms of an object atributes. For example, there are asteroids, green asteroids, and two types of smaller asteroids, one of which can be collected. Then there are zerbilites which are ships but have a different impact result. And of course transports and assualt troopers convert objects into your own. It has been suggested before that asteroids should be mined for resources. All one would have to do is modify the small asteroids to create resources when collected. If this can not be done the direct way then one could program a condition that when you had x amount of asteroids you would suddenly get a new ship. Or that you would get an invisible sprite appearing somewhere that is programed to gennerate reasorces rapidly for a short amount of time before desintigrating. Or, asteroids could be mined by capturing them like stations which would cause the invisible objects to appear. Clearly we have only begun to explore the pottentialities of Hera. One could in theory place invitible sprites over planets with weaponry to simulate orbital defences.
Remember, asside from the no moving ship constructors, almost anything is possible. Almost

-Walter-

------------------

BTW, I'm the one that originally suggested Asteroid Collectors, or if anyone did, there was still a lot of debate by the time my suggestion came out.

------------------
Once caalaklael, now Pallas Athene
---
Athena, daughter and favorite of Zeus, half sister of Ares, goddess of wisdom and war

Hi I know I'm a newbie but please don't hate me. Just a very quick idea for a weapon. As some of you probably know when you heat Tritium and Deuterium to several million ?c you form plasma. Plasma is affected by magnetic fields. you could create a weapon that produces a cylindrical magnetic field and then pumps plasma down it. I think it might just have a little bit of effect on the ship it hit.

Sorry if you hate me for sending this message

Why Tritanium and Deutarium? Those aren't even real!
Hydrogen Plasma would be easier to get, and would be just as effective.

That's a cute little theory, but untill we perfect monopolar-magnetic forces, that's a wee bit far fetched. Besides that, that's probably the most intelligent thing I've heard for a while 🙂

------------------
I do not suffer from insanity
I enjoy every minute of it

-Cantharan Admiral za'Grom
After the capture of Earth

Little red candle with the name TNT inscribed on it...

------------------
Visit my Ares Website at: [

http://themightyRW.homestead.com/AresPage.html

For](http://themightyRW.homestead.com/AresPage.html "External link")
I'm building it and need
some of Ares community's
input.

The link works; click it.

"There will be a day on Earth when a great evil will descend. This evil force will be called Ford Motor Company. It will set new standards: Lower than the fiery pit. By losing Volvo's uncorrupted state, Earth is vulnerable. And then, it will be time to attack."

-Nokis, Salrilian Prophet

Tritium is real and so is deuterium. Tritium is a radioactive substance that is used e.g. in weapon sights (due to the fact that it is self luminent and it doesn't need light to "charge" itself), and deuterium aka heavy water, is used as to regulate fission reaction. It is an isotope of hydrogen, to be exact, with two neutrons, we all know that hydrogen is only a single proton and an electron.
Weird, I thought that Slug knows these things, well he ain't here anymore.

------------------
Strange just a moment ago I was flying through a dense asteroid field but now I feel quite cold And just what happened to my
H-Cruiser?!?