Prefs Problem

I'm replaying it, after losing my prefs, and am up to level 13, but when I try to start a new game, the only option available is cancel, not even to go back to the earlier levels. Any Ideas people

------------------

Forget it, I've discovered that someone in another of the topics was having the same problem, and also on level 13, it seems that the only way to solve it is to trash the prefs and start again. Oh well

------------------

Keep an uncorrupted backup copy of your user-edited preferences for each version of Ares that you have , at all times. That way you don't need to re-define all the key settings and such when things go wrong. 😄

------------------
"HAHAHAHAHahahaaaaa!" — Soulblighter

I have done that, and ever since I lost some scenarios I was editing, I have been constantly backing my stuff up.

I had that problem once, strange thing is that after I had quitted and restarted the game it was gone, until the next time I tried level 13, so I trashed the prefs. I did have a backup, but I just wanted to check this strange phenomenan.

------------------
Strange just a moment ago I was flying through a dense asteroid field but now I feel quite cold And just what happened to my
H-Cruiser?!?

yep, had same problem, man they should put that somewhere public, it's so annoying! I kept on trying loading it and sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't got it to work once and played all the way to the end from level 13 in one go to finnish the game 🙂 hehe. Had no idea what was cuasing it but in the end I found someone else who had had the same problem and who knew what to do. I'm gonna say this again, THAT BUG IS SO ANNOYING! ah, feel a lot better now getting that out.
John

------------------