Hotkeys??

I'm just wondering: what exactly DO the hotkeys in Ares 1.2 do?

------------------
"Let's do this!"
-Styth
Titan A.E.

They increase fleet control and tactical ability by about five-fold if you use them right.

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

They enable you to switch control over to another ship easily, but I don't know how to bind a key to a ship.

------------------
"HAHAHAHAHahahaaaaa!" — Soulblighter

Select a ship base enemy (whatever that can be selected) while pressing the wanted hotkey (and if you want to make a hot target just press you target button too while pressing hotkey and selecting the wanted object)

Easy isn't it :rolleyes:

They are REALLY useful (if I'd just remember to use them while I play)

------------------
Strange just a moment ago I was flying through a dense asteroid field but now I feel quite cold And just what happened to my
H-Cruiser?!?

Am I the only person who wonders why they are called 'Hot Keys?' They're not hot. Which brings me on to another question. Why are keys called keys. They're not keys. They're buttons. Buttons on a board. Not a 'keyboard' a Buttonboard.

So then, why are boards called boards and grass called grass?

(ps I have NOT been drinking. Much.)

------------------
"A person needs change. Without change something within us sleeps and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." -Duke Leto Atreides (Dune)

That was pointless.

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

You want to make your return a brief visit Ambrose? If so, then keep it up.

------------------

Noted...

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy