Hera Question (Healing Weapon)

I am working on a pack of net levels, and I can't seem to get this healing weapon of mine to work. It acts like a energy pulse, except it increases energy AND health. I have three questions:

1. How do I get the bloody thing to work on friendlies? It only works on the enemy, and we wouldn't want that.

2. Is there a quick and easy way to make the shield pulse be launched at a really fast speed so it gets away from the Repair Ship? If it doesn't, I suspect it will try to heal the Repair ship. (Quick in easy = easier than creating an object that fires something like a Fullerene Pulse, and creates the shield pulse on death).

3. This is probably impossible...but is there anyway to make a repair ships fire the things when friendlies are around? With the AI, they just fire when enemies show up (which is what they are suppose to do, but not want I WANT them to do).

------------------
"Do or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

None of that's possible. Only objects of different players can collide and have collision effects. In order to have what you described, it would have to be possible to have a weapon that creates an object that doesn't belong to the player that created it. That is not possible.

------------------
"Let's do this!"
-Styth
Titan A.E.

Without sounding like I know the first thing about making brand new objects in hera, couldn't you have a sort of flak drone thing that belongs to a third player next to each players base. Then when the healing thingie fires it belongs to a third player and so will heal you and the other player. Obviously this would only work in net scenarios, but it might just work. Then again it might just not.

------------------
"A person needs change. Without change something within us sleeps and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." -Duke Leto Atreides (Dune)

(This message has been edited by Admiral Devo (edited 07-06-2000).)

There is a way I have thought of the same thing.

a) you can make the beam/whatever die and release energy on death

🆒 you can set the y co-ordinatem of the weapon to way of the ship sprite
but that ain't required if you make a beam/whatever that dies after it expires and releases energy on death, you might wan't it to release all it's energy, say like 100 units. What u do is that you give the weapon 100 energy and make new action "release energy" (after death) and make it at 100% rate.

c) you can make the weapon beam change it's side to hostile at certain range (hard but it can be done) I am working on that too.

Not done that yet as there was a bug on the test version so I am working on that.

There is a bug though: you can overcharge shields with a weapon that does negative damage.

Things I ve done:
Changed races (you can play sals auds whatever) that was the first thing I did so don't even think that I have stolen someones idea.
A zerbilite that can take over ships 😉
Some secrets that I won't tell yet :rolleyes:

------------------
Strange just a moment ago I was flying through a dense asteroid field but now I feel quite cold And just what happened to my
H-Cruiser?!?

I'm just creating a net level pack that requires a bit more strategy then the current net level add-ons. Such as:

Races will have different strengths and weaknesses. One race may have repair ships, another will build things much quicker, etc.

------------------
"Do or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda