About Hera

I'm sorta new on the boards so please forgive my ignorance.
I'm just wondering what I need to do in order to download the semi-public beta version of Hera. Also is it possible to edit the game entirely in Res Edit without using Hera?
Thanks in advance.
Remnant

------------------
Just because I spend a
lot of time thinking
doesn't mean that I'm
intelligent.

check out the semi0public beta topic- Hera's grea, it's also user friendly-except for the random and important ID's for stuff never expl.ained.

------------------
"...Cotton Mouse... to say that the plug is royally messed up is an understatement. I'm taking a look at it with Plug Checker, and some of these errors I have just never seen before..."-Obormot, debugger

ERA for EV:
www.geocities.com/rhysmctharin/erahome.html

(still in alpha stages)

I believe that it is possible to edit it completely in ResEdit, but is is EXTREMELY hard and I only know of one person who can do it, Slug.

------------------
Long Live Apple! Long Live the Mac!

The truth is that you can't edit Ares' data files in ResEdit only any more than you could mow the lawn with a pair of fingernail clippers. Sure, you might be able a change that you can notice, but it's not just hard -- it's impractical.

Ares' data formats can't be described with RedEdit templates. Therefore, you need a tool like Hera to alter Ares' data.

Exactly. Slug was skilled with ResEdit, so he could effect some cosmetic changes- Swapping things around, and such. But even he couldn't edit the statistics, and sprites. Until now...

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Ahh yes....
Good ol' Slug...

From what I hear he was quite the brain.

------------------
"Let's do this!"
-Styth
Titan A.E.

Well, if no one noticed, I did upload the Race Templates file to the guides (by the way, that is mine). What the Admiral is probably talking about are those fields I couldn't figure out.

------------------
"If so, then how does one count to 10 on the Mac?"
"128, 127, 126, 125..."
-Pallas Athene, Member of the Obish Consensus