Warp Flares

I just organised a scenario with Hera, Space Race The Musical with the roles reversed and the fleets sizes doubled. I start to make the Jump to hyperspace and instead of a warp flare, each ship emits a tiny yet powerful explosion. This destroys or cripples most of my ships and obliterates all of my fighters. Then, on dropping out of hyperspace the remnants of my fleet are destroyed by the same phenomina.
Thinking this was a one off, I tried a one player campaign mission. The same occurs, but when I explode the little dead man is replaced by a huge fireball which dissapates within seconds leaving the camera to focus on a Cantharan gunship.

Any ideas/solutions?

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could devise it. We will line all our ships up and fly straight at the enemy death cannons therefore clogging them with wreckage.

Dunno about solutions, but keep that file handy... Sounds like fun!

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

I'll give you the file, its the Ares 1.1 scenarios file and it renders my copy of the game completely useless so I'll have to reinstall it. Wanna see 5 Obiard Battleships obliterate themselves while at the same time the Gaitori are self-combusting? Want to?

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could devise it. We will line all our ships up and fly straight at the enemy death cannons therefore clogging them with wreckage.

heheh... Sundered actually beleived yu!
good work Laguna ('mind if I call you 'iggy?)

------------------
Last night, I played a blank tape at full blast.
The mime next door went nuts.

You can call me 'iggy until you explode, Williams. And yes Sundered Angel did believe me, and he had good reason to, because its true. I'll upload the file, because its a challenge to complete the game when your engines keep overloading and you create sensor ghosts everywhere.

------------------

LOL. Maybe the next beta of Hera will fix this up... Apparently it should be availible soon, if you haven't got it already.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy