Can you make a huge ship with multiple parts?!?

Yes!! I came up with this idea not long ago and I was wandering if it were possible to make a ship with multiple stationary parts. Like a puzzle pieces put together to form a ship on a level that doesn't rotate! There could be individual turrets, rotating radars, construction part, anything!! And the ship could be HUMONGOUS!! When you destroy one part, it wrecks and starts an animated sequence of a burning ship part, like those space cells and simlabs. And there would be few space suited guys with low power medium range blasters or whatever!
What do you think?!?

And can you make a ship with a weapon that turns the ship into a stationary building unit or something like that? It would not really turn the ship into anything, but it would send the original ship to "jail" and start an animated sequence of a ship turning into a platform that after the sequence could build ships and work as a sort of a base.

1.What is the maximum size for a single ship in pixels?

2.Is it possible to make a weapon that can only fire to a certain area (like 120 degrees or to side only, 90 degrees)?

3.Can you place the weapon anywhere in the ship (I'd like to put those human gunship turrets to their right place)?

4. There must be a sort of a contrail effect, I mean that those Gaitori atomic pulses have those nice little sparks following them, how are they made? I'd really love to put a contrail for missiles.

If I'd just be artistic enough I'd really love to make my own ships and stuff :frown:

------------------
Strange just a moment ago I was flying through a dense asteroid field but now I feel quite cold And just what happened to my
H-Cruiser?!?

So long as this multi-piece ship is stationary, and you're willing to go to the trouble of aligning all the pieces, I see no reason why you can't make a multi-segmented ship.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

I thought that it would be self evident that it could not move, and I'd be ready to do anything to align those parts.
It might take long ofcourse, if you have to check those parts in gameplay (unless you can zoom into the spot with Hera and align them pieces there without the trouble of switching from hera to ares and back every time you make a change).

Gee, if I'd just be artistic enough who had that Strata 3D, I'd like to ask a few (just few) questions (I don't want to bother Strata help mail with my questions knowing that I might not get answers soon enough).

------------------
Strange just a moment ago I was flying through a dense asteroid field but now I feel quite cold And just what happened to my
H-Cruiser?!?