A date... a date... my HVD for a date..

A date... a date... my HVD for a date..

.. well, not the "with a femme" kind of date.
I was thinking of a potential Hera Release date.

Have you godly programmers or Betas any ideas when Hera will be done. It seems to me like the progress just have stopped, when looking at the docs and the Progress Log?

I belive that I'm not the only one who would really would like to know how you were doing.

Another thing, is there any Beta-testers out there who might be willing to share the beta versions with me. I am seriusly growing desperate. Im thinking apout printing some screenshot of Hera and stample them to my screen. Just to pretend that I own Hera.
So, are YOU the generous person who would like go help me get my dirty hands on Hera? I promise, i will forever be grapefull to thee and I wont sing opera, and ill kiss your boot and eat them if I have to... naah, forget the last thing.

But please please please please pleeeeeeaaaase! Im so sad that I didn't get in the Beta crew. And my friends are mucking me course i don't have Hera! (No, they don't have it neighter, but they muck me anyway)

Ill make you some cookie dones and sweet pies!

------------------
- When in danger or in doubt,
run in circles, scream and shout. -

Trust me. If you knew the bugginess and general bad attitude of the current version of hera you wouldn't be making this post.

------------------
" Throught their history, these 'unenlightened' beings have continually organized to opposed the injustices and attrocities committed by their bretheran in power. We, as the prophets, would do well to learn from these humans."
-Final statement of Salrilian reformist Sirthis before his execution.

Grape, any beta tester who gave you a beta test version would be in deep space doo-doo. Ambrosia would not be happy. I would not be happy.

I've been hard at work addressing the major outstanding problems.

I've updated the log. Hera will be out sometime between now and 4/15/2200.

WHAT????? Did you say between now and the 15!!!! yay hahahahahahahahah whooohooo
lalalaplhahahahahahhehehehehehehehhehehehhehehehe=) πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D baku runs around with underwear under his head =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D

------------------
Mess with the best die lik the rest

WAAAHOOO!!!! πŸ˜„
please (url="http://"http://gajet@pacbell.net")email(/url) me when it's done!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I LOVE YOU!! πŸ™‚

-Slug (drunk with happiness)

------------------
In accepting the inevitable, one finds peace.
In denying it, one finds hope.

-Last words of Admiral Williams before the fall of Earth.

(drops back into reality)
DID HE SAY IN THE YEAR 2200??
that's a trick!! :frown:

Come on! when's it really coming out? I find it hard to beleive that it will be released in 200 years.

------------------
In accepting the inevitable, one finds peace.
In denying it, one finds hope.

-Last words of Admiral Williams before the fall of Earth.

Thats cheap..... we wont be alive in 200 friggin years.......... :mad
seriously... when the hell is it coming out!!!

------------------
Mess with the best die lik the rest

I'll leave the prognosticating up to the Salrilians.

As I state in my update, I think there will probably be two more beta releases until Hera is ready.

Suggesting a date would be pointless.

Translation:

Quit bugging me I'm working as hard as I can.

At least- That'd better be what it translates as. πŸ˜‰

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Admiral Grammaticus wrote:
**As I state in my update, I think there will probably be two more beta releases until Hera is ready.

Two more betas?
Does that mean two more beta teams?
You'll let people like me in?

------------------

Originally posted by Admiral Grammaticus:
**I'll leave the prognosticating up to the Salrilians.

I asked the Oracular Net, and they said it would occur sometime between April 15th, 2200.
They're not very helpfull, are'nt thay? πŸ™‚

-Wing Commander Slug

------------------
Sorry about your starship, Captain ga'KrΓΌg, but as we say on Earth :
'C'est la vie'!

-Admiral Williams,
Shortly after the defeat of the 3rd Gaitori fleet.

Originally posted by Grape Dragon:
**Two more betas?
Does that mean two more beta teams?
You'll let people like me in?

No, it means that the current beta testers will probably see two more versions before the release version.

Originally posted by Admiral Grammaticus:
No, it means that the current beta testers will probably see two more versions before the release version.(/B)

SIGH.... oh well. Then I guess there's nothing to do but wait.
By the way, I don't want to be pushy, im just so exided...

...i just can't hide it... i know i know i know i know you want to!
Dumde dee

And to you Heyman: Im still working on that HERAssment site, but i won't publish it untill Hera's out

------------------

You know, if you pass around the URL for the Beta version, Ambrosia will not be happy. Unhappy companies have unhappy programmers. Unhappy programmers make unhappy code. And unhappy code makes unhapy games. We do not want any unhappy games, now do we?

------------------

Reading is knowledge.
Knowledge is power.
But power corrupts.
And corruption is a crime.
And crime doesn't pay.

Conclusion : Reading makes you poor.

(is what we're doing still called 'progress'?)

------------------
Would you like to ride on your own ass?
-Advertisement for donkey rides in Thailand

So we can see why I don't have much money than, if reading makes you poor. BTW, nice Dilbert reference, Slug.

If the opposite of pro is con, what's the opposite of progress?

Congress.

------------------
Do you go to the country?
It isn't very far.
There's people there who will hurt you
because of who you are.

-Coffee and TV

I have some minor programming interests.

But even as an amateur, I can tell you that a programmer - in his right mind - NEVER EVER gives out a release date. That's what Bungie did with Marathon! "We're just waiting for the boxes..." You know, however many MONTHS customers waited was a VERY long time to be just waiting for boxes. They had to redo the entire SINGLE-PLAYER SCENARIO!

The point is, if you give a release date for a software product, a week or so before that date, something will go terribly, causing the product to take even longer. Do you see my point yet?! It just ISN'T SAFE to release release dates!

Excuse my temporary insanity. I'm just trying to protect the Admiral.

-Commander 8 Lightnings

------------------

*** Lightning never strikes the same place twice. But on occasions...eight times... ***

Okay. I understand. Just trying to get some dialog running on this board before Hera's out.

Untill it comes out, i will be counting seconds... (yawn)

------------------