PoG 2?

cower don't yell at me!

I know this is impossible until coldstone and Ambrosia and any other companies who are involved separate their differences, but it would be so cool! I thought here we could brainstorm Ideas for the programmers, if they look at these (do they?).
My Idea is that it is 12 years after the original one. The learning tree is closed, and New High garendall is a bustling city, the new capital of Garendall. When, out of the darkness arives a Mage who is against the new government and declares in the grand hall that he shall kill the royal family off, and start a new. In a series of weeks, the royal family members start dying by some sort of plague. The King tells you to run, and go to the Berglum healers. You almost arrive and fall down, minutes from death when a child discovers you outside of town. The child runs back to the town and tells the guard who is there (whats his name?) that some one fell down outside of town. You are revived and go to the healers guild, and they tell you they have no idea what the plague is.
Thats the start. Other missions could include re-opening the learning tree, killing/healing the old learning tree man(his name?)(because he's insane from #1), going to the sunken city, quell a zombie uprising, and curing the plague.
Also PoG2 would have more than one main quest, with game updates and all of that. As always there would be the massive amounts of plugins, optional side quests. And at last, there qwould be different classes than swordsman, ranger, and conjuror.

-Mongoose

@m0ng00se_ona_guitar, on May 20 2006, 02:27 PM, said in PoG 2?:

cower don't yell at me!

Who's yelling? That's a fine idea. When are you going to get started?

@rubber-ducky, on May 20 2006, 05:47 PM, said in PoG 2?:

Who's yelling? That's a fine idea. When are you going to get started?

Im sorry but my budget wont allow my registration of Coldstone, plus my Coldstone skills are mediocere if you could call it even that. I am probably only better at Coldstone than a kid who has never heard of AmbrosiaSW.

P.S. I thought this topic would have been talked about too much

Sounds good, I wouldn't mind making a few plugins* and helping out when necessary, unfortunatly at the rate it's taking Ambrosia to fix the cs bug, let alone begin developing PoG2 the only people who might see PoG2 are our grandkids xD, anyway all jokes aside, if I could suggest some ideas:
The learning tree is destroyed by the mage so your quest is restoring it AND finding a cure, the only way to do this is to find ANOTHER learning tree, as that guy in berglum said that there were learning trees in other parts of this world, this would involve incorporating an idea that I have desperatly wanted to add to PoG and is very easy to do, sailing! I mean CONTROLING the ship, and travelling to far away lands, meeting new beasts and maybe even stopping by Utian!**
Anyways tell me what you think 🙂

**You could make it so that when the character touched a special port his player image turned to a ship...
*Assuming Ambrosia sells cs so I can buy it...

This post has been edited by Foxwolf : 24 May 2006 - 06:36 PM

@foxwolf, on May 24 2006, 07:35 PM, said in PoG 2?:

I mean CONTROLING the ship, and travelling to far away lands, meeting new beasts and maybe even stopping by Utian!
Anyways tell me what you think 🙂

I agree. When PoG first came out I heard about a quest where you would have to sail to Reefs island, and then it was a cinematic. Now its just a black screen with some music. Again I hope the coldstone situation works (as everyone who posts in this forum should!) and I will just wait until the. 😞

Maybe ASW could work all this into PoG 1 when and if they fix it! 😄 To sort of make people want to buy it some more. But yah I like the idea, and maybe later in the game you could meet the main character from PoG 1. That would be awsome.

This post has been edited by Two Jacks : 17 June 2006 - 02:39 PM