Need opinions/art for Star Wars plugin!

Please email me if you are a digital artist interested in designing the ships for my plugin. I already have the levels planned, but I just need the art. Otherwise, post a reply about what you would expect from my plugin.

------------------
"Well try to kill them with a fork-lift!"
The Notorious Bounty
Hunter,
Boba Fett

Please help anyone! I think I had replys in my old forum, but now its gone!!

------------------
The Notorious Bounty
Hunter,
Boba Fett

I'll be your digital artist. I have photoshop and sprite editing tools. I only have a moderate amount of experience sprites specifically, but I work hard, I love Star Wars, and I'm obsessed with Ares. Contact me if you're interested.

This post has been edited by Aithon : 04 January 2007 - 06:17 PM

Star Wars models pre made at (url="http://"http://www.swma.net")http://www.swma.net(/url) 🙂 Get some today!

------------------
We will trade and collect your skulls.

I'm wondering Darkk, now that I've volunteered to be Boba Fett's graphic artist, have you seen the screen shots of Hera? I couldn't believe it, and maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like Ares actually spins the sprite for you. Does this mean that I don't have to create 36 images for each ship?! God, if I'm right, that could save me a hell of a lot of time and energy!

This post has been edited by Aithon : 04 January 2007 - 06:17 PM

Actualy not that much energy once you have the models made. Just have them rotate and take >=24 frames.

------------------
Commander-in-Chief of the Nijayias Interstellar Navy.

Oh boy, here come the flames... 😄

Frankly, I think the last thing we need is another Star Wars plug-in. Is there any expandable space game that does not have a Star Wars add-on? Star Trek, too.

It feels like we're taking a classic and stretching it into one too many media. EV and EVO, fine. But Maelstrom? And now Ares? What's next - Ferazel's Wand? That would be interesting.

------------------
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here - this is the War Room!"
-Dr. Strangelove
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Will Oram

YOU GUESSED RIGHT ABOUT THE FLAMES!!!!!! :redface:
How dare you dis Star Wars!??!?!?
I admit the recent movie really sucked, but ares hasn't had any star wars plugins yet, this will be my first plug, and star wars is a good subject to start with!!!!
I shall have revenge!!!

------------------
The Notorious Bounty
Hunter,
Boba Fett

Well, now I have a digital artist (it's not aithon), and I was wondering if anyone would wanna be beta testers. Right now I'm just focusing on the first three missions (A New Hope levels).

------------------
The Notorious Bounty
Hunter,
Boba Fett

<font size="1" face="Monaco, Courier" color="808BAD">Boba Fett wrote:
**Well, now I have a digital artist (it's not aithon), and I was wondering if anyone would wanna be beta testers. Right now I'm just focusing on the first three missions (A New Hope levels).
**</font>

I'm not the best artist, but what u want is a beta tester for levels and ships, I'll be happy to volunteer. It seems as though ever will be making plugs. Just so many. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Email me at con_hotmetal4u@hotbot.com if you are interested in me being a beta tester. Thx 😉

------------------
HotSpice(better known as Avenger on GR)

(This message has been edited by HotSpice (edited 01-27-2000).)

Since you are helping with mine, I will help with yours.
BTW - I myself think ROTJ missions would work better, but heck.
And you are right, Episode 1 does suck. I would have liked it if Jar-Jar had gotten sucked into that engine. And a 17 year-old falling for a 5-year old? Talk about your fiction... And the blowing-up-the-big-control-ship scene - that was sooo stupid. Everything Anikan does is by accident.

------------------

I think that a star TREK plug off TNG or DS9, maybe Voyager, would do well with the ares engine. I don't know about star wars, it could be good if done well just like any game.

I think that someone should make an escape velocity plug for Ares and call it EV:Tactics or EVO: Tactics. It'd be cool to build human and voinian stuff.

------------------
In the next world war,
In a jack-knifed Juggernaut,
I am born again.

Here's to anyone who wants to be on my beta tester list: just make another post in my other thread for star wars beta testers so I can be sure.

------------------
The Notorious Bounty
Hunter,
Boba Fett
judygeof@ix.netcom.com

Fett, PLEASE, I'm BEGGING YOU, include a level based on the chase scene through the asteroid belt in Empire Strikes back. I'd love to pilot the millenium falcon through an asteroid belt avoiding all kinds of TIE fighters and stuff. That'd be sooo cool.

------------------
In the next world war,
In a jack-knifed Juggernaut,
I am born again.

You should make a disproportionally large amount of green asteroids. Just to make it interesting 😉

------------------
For $800, name the 42 uses of spam...

Actualy not quite green asteroids - the asteroids in the belt did kill with one hit, but they survived the hit. Just increase the collision damage on the regular ones for this level.

------------------

Don't worry. I'm planning to make the asteroid belt level the best

------------------
The Notorious Bounty
Hunter,
Boba Fett
judygeof@ix.netcom.com

Cool! I wonder: could you also make a mission where you're one of the TIE Fighters, chasing the Millenium Falcon around. THAT would be interesting!

-- The Raptor

------------------
We are the gravity insect.

(This message has been edited by RaptorNoJoe (edited 01-31-2000).)

Hmm... RaptorNoJoe, thats a brilliant idea!! I hadn't considered letting the player control the Imperial ships!! I'll do that!! Just post a reply to my beta tester post, and youre on the list!! Thanks!

------------------
The Notorious Bounty
Hunter,
Boba Fett
judygeof@ix.netcom.com