Something that hasn't been done in a while

My post is about half-written. I'm taking a Cantharan Som, bt it doesn't look like there's any conflict with your post.

------------------
(~%) ssh localhost
The authenticity of host 'localhost (127.0.0.1)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 93:33:b4:fc:b8:03:b4:45:15:31:99:1a:a3:1f:a5:ac.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

I just realized that if we launch Ares soon, we will have long boring time upon Earth before anything at all happens, as the Cantharaans arn't coming for a while, at least a few decades, so what do we do for that time? I mean Earth will barely have been able to finish building the Ares, let alone cooler space ships.

------------------
NEW NAME FOR THE DREADNOUGHT
The Hard-Boiled Egg
Why?
Because she cant be beaten!

Well, we've got a war to lose, colonies to found, and a resistance movement to run while we're waiting. I suppose there wouldn't be any major problem with compressing time a bit either.

------------------
(~%) ssh localhost
The authenticity of host 'localhost (127.0.0.1)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 93:33:b4:fc:b8:03:b4:45:15:31:99:1a:a3:1f:a5:ac.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

This is a suggestion for Cantharan behavior.
I always liked the idea that the Cantharans (at least the lower ranking ones and the civilians) sort of worshipped the Salrilians as actual prophets of their gods Zom and Dom, or at least treated them as holy and not just mere allies. Just an idea.
Also I might contribute as a character in this story later on, but right now I want to see where this goes as is. Pretty interesting so far.

------------------
" z' "
-?

(This message has been edited by Tachyon (edited 08-04-2003).)

That was actually a direction I was planning to head into, but I preffer litterary suspense. Mek Het, being a Cantharan of the upper echelon, knows better (or at least knows more). I'll delve into the relationship between the Cantharans and Salrilians later.

------------------
sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efil

Hmmm, I like the look of this RPG.
I quite like being an Elejeetian...

------------------
Oh, so it is another bug hunt then...

...er how do you do italic text on this thing again?!,
um, forgotten :redface:

------------------

A note on time and distance.

The standard unit of distance in use in intrastellar travel is the Light Second (LS), an extrapolation of this being the Light Year (LY) in use in interstellar travel. Both of these are relative distances, and depend on which species is using them.

In human controlled space and on Earth the following is the current standard scientific definition of a second:
The second is the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium-133 atom. (url="http://"http://www.metas.ch/en/scales/second.html")http://www.metas.ch/...les/second.html(/url)

By a startling coincidence the Elejeetian second is also defined along similar lines being slightly longer, being defined as 9,192,631,432 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium-133 atom.
For all practical purposes the Elejeetian Second may be taken as being equal to that of the humans for measurement over short distances.

Other races seconds vary somewhat more.

------------------

I think we should back off rom the "Salrilians are pure evil" stance for a while and focus on them when the time is right. Give them a rest for a bit, and let the plot unfold in a more prudent fassion.

------------------

Ugh... Sorry I haven't posted in the RPG for so long. I battled a rather serious and bothersome illness for over a week and now I'm fighting one of the worst bouts of insomnia I've ever had. Needless to say, I haven't had the energy/cognitive capacity to write up a worthwhile post. Once I can get a week's worth of sleep I'll have a lot to post. In the meantime, keep on writing-I'm really impressed with the quality and lucidity that's been produced so far.

------------------

I don't have time anymore. Dang school. So... Don't expect to see much from me.

------------------
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Skyfox:
**I don't have time anymore. Dang school. So... Don't expect to see much from me.

Such defeatism!
A good post doesn't have to be long, just clever. Scribble something down when you're in a boring class.... 🙂

------------------

Heh. I write some of my posts FROM school. Of course, in college, nobody minds you using a laptop in the middle of class. And they have nifty 802.11b networks...

------------------
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois
Onii7/Frinkruds and his funky forums
macgamer.net

(quote)Originally posted by Lord Commander Anic:
**Such defeatism!
A good post doesn't have to be long, just clever. Scribble something down when you're in a boring class.... 😉

------------------
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein

Way to go!
A good space commander always has a way out...!

btw:
CE3K = Close Encounter of the Third Kind

------------------

I haven't been keeping up as much as I'd have liked too, but I can incorporate that into my post. I think, have to catch up first.

------------------
"What we do not know, we cannot begin to understand."