The Beating

The Assi - Oe are very much a faster race than most. They use their hyperspatial technology to accelerate faster than is possible in normal space, put it like that.

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

More to the point:

1. how well shielded/armored are they?
  2. do they dodge projectiles fired at them? (hey, you never know)
  3. are they manuverable?
  4. do their captains/pilots have much experience dodging?

Or to the core of the point:
what happens if you get a lead on them, and start shooting high-power railguns/lasers/missiles at them while running the other way?

------------------
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

Assi - Oe have another ship - it's for main engagements that are really kind of difficult (i.e. there's alot of crossfire.) It fires a turreted particle beam (at twice the normal maximum range!) and basically cuts through the ship with alot of nasty interdimensional superstring physics and whatnot. Think Borg Cube...

Assi - Oe do not use shielding, they use a 'belt'. This belt basically absorbs i.e., if we were playing a computer game, then the belt might have a strength of 9. However, it cannot be shot down, only 'punched', so if you fire a weapon with an attack of 10 at it, you will not end up doing alot of damage. And when the restoration energy comes into the shield belt, then it will be back (this happens 3 times every second.)

The Assi - Oe will only dodge when it's in their best interest. i.e., they will make the difference between a nuke and a railgun shell, and depending on their own condition they will react accordingly. Once they do manouevre, they go quite fast but have difficult turning. So often they will slow down and avoid slingshotting around a fleet.

Assi - Oe do not have memory.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Joveia (edited 06-09-2002).)

Explain the no memory bit. I have trouble believing that you could build quantum level technology without a memory.

------------------
NEW NAME FOR THE DREADNOUGHT
The Hard-Boiled Egg
Why?
Because she cant be beaten!

It's consciousness goes through a complete recycling every second, so all they have is short-term memory which is used in their computations. They re-evaluate every situation very quickly in other words, and have developed a very effecient computer-like organic language.

If they were confronted with a situation, they would use their logic to determine, i.e., someone was in front of them holding a gun. Then they would get out their own gun based on the natural assumption. Of course, by the time they were going to fire they would have recycled, but they can still see the logical imperative.

------------------

Ive been taking summer school lately and havent had time to think about scifi, but here it goes with a couple small suggestions...
Alright, first The expansion wouldnt be a total sphere. Explorations take place as a sphere but even with totally overpopulated planets people are only going to move to planets with good/terraformed conditions. The longer a system has been around the more space stations a system will have. They are cheaper than colonization. Sol and surrounding systems would be megacenters of trade and buisness, much like the US is, HQ of buisnesses throughout the known area. Planets are very hard to be controlled by anything other than standard government (If you need ideas for governments, theres a couple I can toss at you). Stations however, would be built by corporations that have the money (unlike governments), hence stations would be like tiny towns that everyone works at a single business.
The CMCC would have a hard time "owning" astroid belts. They could set up bases and command mines within the belts, but there would still be an ungodly ammount of smuggling, their ships would have to be astroid mining and combat built into one so they could just destroy other ships they came in contact with. Its going to be roughly the same way with Energy corp, except they could have specified mining-ships and warships as gas giants wouldnt be "smuggled" as much (only other megacorps could set up shop on a gas giant)
Shipping anything except people would be done by cyclers, period. Cyclers are nanotube wires hooked around an axis so they can spin and throw/catch at the same time flinging objects to other cyclers at almost free cost (very quickly too). Cyclers would be owned and operated my megacorps and there would be some interesting taxwars between rival companies. I dont know how people would travel, thats all kind of theory at this point.
Oh and the AI race should be one of the megacorps, as its quite simple for AI to make robots that reporduce and expand to mine areas.
And without extremely cheap colonization technology, there would never ever be "half hearted" colonization.
Looks good.

------------------
It's Difficult To Comprehend How Insane Some People Can Be. Especially When You're Insane.
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number;=60&SUBMIT;=Go")visit the just games forum or die!(/url)

Uh, Jov canned that idea.

------------------
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

To someone who's been away for a long time, this makes absolutely no sense whatsoeve 🙂

------------------
Time is the best teacher, yet it kills all of it's students.

Well, like or leave it.

I canned the idea because it SUCKED? Can't you see? It's terrible, ungodly, complete riddled **** bulletholesswisscheeseperfectlyterrible.

I think I'll have to lie down just over how **** it is.

Hmmm, so I'm thinking of another idea. Any suggestions?

------------------

Right, I have a better idea. Well, it begins with World War 3, mostly between the US and Russia. The US, being the good guys, win, and also continue on to destroy all terrorism. This involves conquering every other country on the planet (which is easy, as world war 3 wiped out all other militaries) so that everybody can be monitored at all times. So then, Nikesoft, a large, benevolent corporation, decides to help NASA colonize space.

Genetic engineering has many breakthroughs, and one scientist creates Purple Monkeys™, to help with manual labor and complicated mathematical calcuations. These monkeys are treated as slaves, and eventually rebel. During the war, aliens come, with shields, which the humans don't have, and they're very powerful. Now, humanity must save itself from the purple monkeys and the aliens, and it is valiantly fighting a bitter war in order to do so.

------------------
"Vampiric chickens are spiffy. Bak bak bak ARRR!"

Then the aliens all bow down to the Meeee-hooooo, who is the president of Earth. The Meeeee-hoooooo, (Me-ho for short) decides to kill them all, but the aliens resist. The purple monkeys make a show of loyalty after a long time and decide to massacre everyone who lives on the planet Nilllll, which is the alien homeworld. The aliens realise how badly outmatched their enemies are, decide to annihilate all of humanity. They succeed. The monkey's then go on to live prosperous and productive lives as slaves for the aliens.

------------------

But then Bob, one of the purple monkeys, goes back in time to shortly before purple monkeys are created and completely upsets the copyright, so the US tries to kill him before any scientists find him, and he just ignores the scientists and runs from/fights with the people sent to kill him. The US eventually just executes all scientists and let Bob live in peace.

Then he has a bunch of children by way of a very ugly woman name Priscilla, and these half-human and half-purple monkey children are rejected from the planet, and eventually colonize another planet and make their own empire. This empire eventually gets to bad terms with humanity, and war begins. And this is the point where our rpg begins.

Who else would like to use this plot?

------------------
"Vampiric chickens are spiffy. Bak bak bak ARRR!"

It's not finished yet, you slimy studmuffin.

The alien monkey empire is so advanced that it debates the point of creation with God. God answers, from his thousand years lumber and defeats himself in argument. This incredible display of skill, defeating himself in a point in which he exists totally defies logic, and to counter the problem, logic suddenly has to exist. The monkeys disappear from existence and Earth is once again riveted in global confusion as all Jihad Islamic groups disappear as well. The scientists, not to be outdone, develop a highly advanced monkey anti-God ray, which kills God and then in his absence develop the monkey's to a state never before seen in creation or myth. They become once again so powerful, that they end up making all the important discoveries for mankind for the next 2000 years.

------------------

Such as cloning, spaceflight, warp travel, hyperspace, antimatter, a cure for the common cold, and understanding women.

------------------

But only monkey women, leading to much suffering among the human population... In response to this, Arch Nocknock the 3rd, leader of the God monks, decide to kill all women and live in abstinence. They succeed, and a small number of women however, escape to the moon. The God monks rule onwards, but the nations of earth continue to spiral into revolt...

------------------

while tumbleweed blows across the screen...

------------------

Slug, while you're here could you tell me the secret behind your first name? Not to be insulting, but 'Aj' is rather unusual...

------------------