New RPG In Town

There's a new RPG in town. For the moment, it's focused on EVATs and is going to be far more combat-oriented than prior RPGs.

Soon we'll be using ammo faster than the US during the Persian Gulf War.

------------------
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

I hope there isnt going to be a "every ones invincable just luckily happens not to die like in star trek" thing. there should be some bloody, messy descripive posts with werd things with big claws jumping out of vetalation ducts and no big swerling fans with pointless blue lights behind them and bomb counter going down to zero insted of just stoping at one. I may post on the topic if i can produce a post that is descriptive enough.

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

Well, I'll be resurrecting my old character but in an entirely different light. Hopefully I can add some depth to him this time.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.dissectional.com/swf/index.html") Dig a little deeper (/url)
(url="http://"http://www.axisnet.f2s.com")=Axis Software Integrated=(/url)

I'm going for some interesting plotline too. I also should be including some fun ship-to-ship warfare, since we know how much pirates like boarding parties. Fortunately, I should need very few posts other than the boarding ones to get the plotline in.

------------------
Using an MW3 Tight Beam since '99

I'll be integrating non-ares elements into the action. It'll be combat oriented, and something for the EVAT's to play with. I too though would like to see some ship to ship combat, and movement to various different places. Mm-mm variety.

------------------
"That was quick."
"Well you know, when you don't do it right it doesn't take as long."

ive been wating for somthing like this and now i cant think of any thing to type.

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

We should get off the station after we clear it.
As for ship to ship, can you say boarding actions?

------------------
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

boarding actions are ok, but im verey extream when it comes to this sort of thing, im eather a solitary person with high tek equipment or a general/briliant stratigest (which i am) comanding hundreds of people to victory. heres an example of the solitary person:

fred(for lack of better name) sliped through the door way, his HUDs light inhancing sencors cut through the dark of the hall, "15 meters long no signs of life, proceed with caution" he mumbles to him self, sholdering his pulse carbine he edges in to the relitive open. fred runs almost silently as he is aproching the corner he flips the ever use full HUD down across his face again. as he thinks of it, the guns cammra pops in to the top left of his vision. never good at this in his training fred moves the gun around in to the other coridor only to find its a room, the room hes been looking for.........

its probably going to be the role im going to take but how to fit in a solitary person thingy in to a bording action with lots of people? (bit of a silly question)

------------------
"Time is only a guide line"

(This message has been edited by 9024 (edited 04-27-2002).)

If you've noticed, I seem to be posting apparently unrelated posts at apparently random intervals. Not quite accurate; I intend on starting the boarding as soon as the climax of the Simlab combat has passed. This should be in two posts or so, probably Thursday to Saturday.

------------------
"Welcome to our Pirate outpost. Please enjoy your stay, and realize that any irregular actions can and will be used against you in the afterlife."

I'd like to join in, but I won't for a bit. I'd prefer to wait until after my big finals, which should be over after next Friday.

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."

Temptation.

Hm........ I've never been to great at this, but it look sgood so I'll give it a shot.

Just one thing, let's make our characters in a orderly manner, like

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Race:
Weapon Of Choice:

Etc Etc.
Just a suggestion, of course.

------------------

"If history is to be changed, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh."

Ok, as for me....

Name: (Alias) The Ender
WOC: Ballistic Laser Rifle
Description: Currently working on new EVAT's for Open-Space Combat, and upgraded weaponry. Supplies EVAT's for most of the army.

<Encrypted Transmission>
Encrypt Key: •••••••
Decrypt Key: ••••••••••

To: Admiral Xavier Worthing

<The new EVAT's are under way, with some bugs to root out. I am requesting <I> EXTREME </I> security measures for defense of the prototype EVAT's. They must NOT fall into enemy hands. They come equipped with our All-Purpose Obliterator C-300 EVAT Defense Cannon.
Ther results of this when misused are drastic. If they hit the armor of a normal EVAT, it will promptly explode with a power that of a Supernova, concentrated in a planet-sized area. Be warned, this is also deadly to any and all ships. There have been multiple attemps to steal the new EVAT Programming Datachips, which could be used against us in ways you cannot imagine. The excess power is enough to fuel 50 Squadrons. I need extra defenses, immediatley. My previous requests have not been answered and I am requestsing your aid within the next 5 Days.>
Yours,
The Ender, Commander of the 10th EVAT Squadron.

------------------

"If history is to be changed, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh."

Ok ive decided who im going to be, hes going to be based on the guy in the short story thingy.

Name: shadow (a bit unoriginal but im no good at that sort of thing)
woc: pulse carbine with built in grenade/flare launcher, Railgun
Desc: Currently oporating for the pirates, hes participtating in a top-secret raid.
Hes a natural sniper (theres a trend here) though he preferes close street fighting

Weapion/equipment info:

Pulse carbine***:

Desc: a weapion fireing "packets" of plasma containd by micro magnets. Its a rapid fireing weapion with the added bounus of an attached grenade launcher. .
Ammo:unlimited (the micro magnets are so small it can carry millions)
Chance of wonding a: UA* human: 95% RCDW**: 50%
reliability per 25shots: 92.6%

Photon Flash Grenade:

Desc: a small plate like grenade, that apon impact explodes produsing a blinding pure wight light lasting for a pre determend time.
Firetype: hand/launcher
ammo:12

Fragmentation Grenades:

Desc: Another small plate like grenade but this one has titanium surated blades, that make up the outer surface. It has a large blast raduse that can be channled by halls.
Fire type: launcher clip
ammo:20
Chance of wonding a: UA* human:35% RCDW:12%

40mm rail gun:

Desc: a long cilindrical electromagnetic barrle covered with wires propels a small led slug up to 3 times the speed of sound, alowing it to penitrate even the thick armour of the heavy EVATS.
Ammo:15 clips of 3
Chance of wounding a: UA* human:70% RCDW:56% (these numbers are made up but sound right)
Reliability per 3 shots: 99.9%

Thats all his weps, but not his other equipment. im puting his weps here so i dont pull any "suddenly he remembers hes got a huge kickass wep that can destroy the world" thingy (and i would do that). BTW please post any comments on this character. Please i would realy like some constructive critisism!.

*Unarmed or Armored ** Remote Corordor Defence Weapion ***for any one who dosent know a carbine is a very short musket used by mounted soldiers, in this case its a plasma pulse carbine, a rapid fireing short version of the plasma pulse rifle it tends to have a shorter efective range.

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

(This message has been edited by 9024 (edited 04-30-2002).)

(This message has been edited by 9024 (edited 04-30-2002).)

I may join in as an ATR pilot or something along those lines. I'll try to decide sometime soon.

------------------
"Cleanliness is evil. Embrace the mess!"

Originally posted by Danielnma:
(cut) it will promptly explode with a power that of a Supernova, concentrated in a planet-sized area. Be warned, this is also deadly to any and all ships. (cut) The excess power is enough to fuel 50 Squadrons.

Um, I'm not sure about these parts.

------------------

OK, City-Sized. It IS many hundreds of years in the future, after all. And it has a Thermonuclear engine. So I exaggerated a little.

9024, you don't need to take descriptions THAT far.
But if you want, I'll describe my own weapon.(s)

Ballistic C-100 ChemFlex Laser Rifle

Fires a wild spray of shots in the surrounding area, each ricocheting (sp)
of walls at and incredible speed. The more they bounce, the more powerful they get, but after a while they just dissipate.
It can also be set to fire shots at a high speed at one target.

Plastic Explosives

Enough said. Sticks to walls, has timer, goes boom.

And you better treat me with respect, I supply your EVAT's.

Hey 9024, how about the next part includes you stealing one of the top-secret prototype EVAT's?

------------------

Marines carry a wide variety of weapons. Some use kinlaser rifles, some use pulse rifles, which fire caseless armor piercing or anti-personell rounds in magazines of sixty. There are also machineguns, which fire larger rounds in linked chains of several thousand. These are gatling guns that are electrically powered, and have variable speed up to 4000 rounds per minute. The kinlasers are powered off of their suits, which are powered by special batteries that are around the size of a coke can, and can power the suits for fourty-eight hours at maximum drain.

The suits contain computers that monitor the soldier's health, as well as that of his team mates. They form a battlenet whenever they are in theater. Suits automatically relay messages so that it is extremely difficult to get out of range. The suits automatically update command on the location, health, and weapons loadout of each marine, as well as allowing command to view or rewind and review camera footage from each and every marine. Thus, every single suit saves a log of the entire squad's video and audio transmissions, regardless of who they were sent to, so that any one surviving suit has the entire battlenet's data onboard.

The suits contain sensors for most of the radio spectrum, so that marines can set their HUD to act as light enhancement or sensors for infrared, ultraviolet and much of the radio spectrum. The suits have external microphones which are computer controlled to amplify quiet noises and dampen loud ones such as flashbangs or radio interference. The marine's faceplates display their HUD information, and can reactively change their clarity to block out bright lights. The suits are heavy, and augment the marine's strength by having powered joints and movement. They also help marines when they get hit. They automatically constrict around bleeding wounds, administer painkillers and blood plasma. They will lock up and act as a splint for a broken bone, and the inside of the suit is coated with a thin layer of nanomachines, that can create temporary skin grafts over burns and minor wounds. More importantly, they can usually reseal themselves around a bullet hole or laser hole to prevent excess loss of pressure during vacuum enabled combat.

The marines, or "The 76th Space-Mobile Infantry" are the most highly trained and highly specialized corps in the history of the UNS. More speciallized than any other Space-Mobile They are an entirely volunteer service, and each and every marine has undergone intense physical and mental training and conditioning to enter the service. They're training includes but is not limited to zero-g manouevering and combat, close quarters combat, computer manipulation, medic/first aid, demolitions, electronic and mechanical systems repair, spaceframe design and construction, as well as alien language and alien computer systems(particularly Cantharaan, Gaitori and Ishiman, very few are trained in Salrillian... yet) More importantly, marines have a rather extensive set of neural laces that allow them to control their suits effectively and at the speed of their thought. The 515th Regiment is the most thoroughly trained and most combat-effective regiment that the UNS Space-Navy has every produced. They have the highest technology and the best weaponry, and they are trained to use it however and wherever it is needed to accomplish their mission.

------------------
NEW NAME FOR THE DREADNOUGHT
The Hard-Boiled Egg
Why?
Because she cant be beaten!

**OK, City-Sized. It IS many hundreds of years in the future, after all. And it has a Thermonuclear engine. So I exaggerated a little.

No offense, but that sounds a little impractical. The primary purpose of an EVAT is close combat. We're trying to limit our powers here. It's no fun writing "I smack down the gateship with my hand weapon" type stuff.

**And you better treat me with respect, I supply your EVAT's.

Heh.

------------------

I'd have to agree with Darkk. While technology that far in the future would realistically make a weapon like what you're describing seem horribly weak, it wouldn't make the RPG run very smoothly.

------------------
"Cleanliness is evil. Embrace the mess!"