Break of the Spring

Well, it's getting on to that time of year! Spring break is about to arrive, and all the midterms that teachers are wont to give happen just before the glorious break. What's even crazier is that they are practically kicking us out of my dorm for Spring Break. We won't have running water (no showers), nor will we have access to getting food.

What's everyone else doing for their Spring Break?

Hmm... not too related to Ares is it...
Oh well, it'll give people something to talk about. Maybe it might get moved, maybe not.

Fish heads.

------------------
"That was quick."
"Well you know, when you don't do it right it doesn't take as long."

Spring Break starts on Friday for me. Unfortunately, I start off Spring Break with two orthodontial appointments and end up getting my wisdom teeth pulled.

All around, great fun. šŸ˜‰

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."

Over here, we're well into the 3rd quarter, so midterms aren't on anyone's mind. My spring break has to wait another week too. Of course, I'll be around at home, so I might be able to finish downloading the DevTools CD and get to work on my "utility."

I'm guessing Avatara gets two weeks off, because break almost always includes Easter.
:envy:

------------------
Ā• CCS Sacred Promise (DE H c-3)
o SCS Pillar of Autumn
Our conviction is like an arrow already in flight.
Your life will only last until it reaches you.

Originally posted by Pallas Athene:
**I'm guessing Avatara gets two weeks off, because break almost always includes Easter.
:envy:

Envy all you want, unfortunately the latter there is not true. :frown:

Then again, it is Colorado so there's a good chance for a snow day almost every week.

------------------

I hate Spring.
I have INSANE pollen allergies. The ENT people say I'm one of the most allergic people they've ever seen.
Guess what happens this season...

I HATE trees...
(plans to register Republican in June)

------------------
Seen on a Claymore anitpersonell mine: "Do not eat"

Spring Break, eh? From memory, that's time to get totally smashed, wander around having promiscious sex, and other activities usually reserved for Friday and Saturday nights. American traditions, eh?

Enjoy!

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Originally posted by Avatara:

Spring Break starts on Friday for me. Unfortunately, I start off Spring Break with two orthodontial appointments and end up getting my wisdom teeth pulled.

Well I sypmathize, although it wasn't sprung on me like it was on you. I got mine out last November, and it wasn't too fun. However you'll feel fine after about three days and you'll be eating pretty much the same stuff before the week is through. A couple of warnings: Don't Don't use straws, I heard this too and didn't but there are people who have torn out every last stitch whilst drinking a shake or a Dr. pepper. And avoid peanuts for a couple of months, those little suckers will lodge themselves where your wisdom teeth used to be, and it ain't too fun getting 'em back out. I also found that instead of taking pills with water (and though this is strange) I would stick them on a spoonfull of mashed potatoes (trust me, you will want to do this the first couple of days) and they went down as if they weren't even there. Anyway, it's not all that bad, so don't fear for you life or anything. šŸ™‚

Originally posted by Sundered Angel:

Spring Break, eh? From memory, that's time to get totally smashed, wander around having promiscious sex, and other activities usually reserved for Friday and Saturday nights. American traditions, eh?

What are they telling you over there in Sydney? Lol. Maybe that's Pikeman's dream vacation, but it sounds very unlike anything I'll be doing.

Lol.

------------------
"You will find that your device is highly non-functional...." - Bad Guy

Come visit the (url="http://"http://nova6.pautsch.com/forum/intro.lasso")Nova6 Webboards(/url).

Originally posted by Fleet Admiral Darkk:
**I HATE trees...

You'll be 18? June is a good month for birthdays. šŸ˜„

Originally posted by Sundered Angel:
**Spring Break, eh? From memory, that's time to get totally smashed, wander around having promiscious sex, and other activities usually reserved for Friday and Saturday nights.

Enjoy!

Um...you do realize the world doesn't revolve around Australian traditions, don't you? šŸ˜‰

(It makes me wonder where you learned that)

Originally posted by Shrout1:
**(snip)

Thanks for the advice, though I think I should be fine. I normally don't use straws and I try to avoid nuts anyway. šŸ™‚

Hey, it shouldn't be that bad...the tradeoff is I can use a laptop as long as I want during my conscious hours. šŸ™‚

------------------

(This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 03-15-2002).)

Um...you do realize the world doesn't revolve around Australian traditions, don't you?

(It makes me wonder where you learned that)

Gasp The Simpsons isn't totally accurate?

And as for Australian traditions... I'm afraid that Aussies would never get as far as the promiscuous sex bit. They have an odd tendancy to drink until they can't get up, In more ways than one. Poor buggers.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Originally posted by Fleet Admiral Darkk:

(/B)

A republican!!! Oh how the mighty have fallen.

NTTAWWWT...

P.S. Come on GR sometime, Darkk.

------------------
NEW NAME FOR THE DREADNOUGHT
The Hard-Boiled Egg
Why?
Because she cant be beaten!

**Envy all you want, unfortunately the latter there is not true.:frown:

Then again, it is Colorado so there's a good chance for a snow day almost every week.

except there wasnt snow in colorado, i was there, snowboarding on ice and packed ice. wooo much fun/pain...

well it really was fun, except for almost breaking one of my wrists and all.

------------------
It's Difficult To Comprehend How Insane Some People Can Be. Especially When You're Insane.

**Then again, it is Colorado so there's a good chance for a snow day almost every week.

We had snow just this Monday, which is very odd considering that we didn't even have an excessive amount of snow in the winter. Of course, it wasn't a snow day, because no one was expecting snow mid-March in New York, and everyone got out of bed waaay too late to do anything about it šŸ˜‰

------------------
Ā• CCS Sacred Promise (DE H c-3)
o SCS Pillar of Autumn
Our conviction is like an arrow already in flight.
Your life will only last until it reaches you.

Originally posted by Captain Pharris:
**A republican!!! Oh how the mighty have fallen.

NTTAWWWT...

P.S. Come on GR sometime, Darkk.

Sheesh. Just in municipal elections.

I'd love to go on GR, but none of my classic applications seem to be able to connect to the internet anymore. Odd. I'll work on it.

------------------
Seen on a Claymore anitpersonell mine: "Do not eat"