Summer is over

Well, the last four months have been a blast (too bad I can only remember about half of them). Having worked my ass off for 12 years of school, earning an IB, numerous scholarships, and recognition from STAR and NSH, I felt a little celebration was in order. As a result, my presence and involvement on these boards was almost nil. Equally impacted were my ASI projects, M:Inv and the Ares Port; i.e. nothing got done at all. Shortly before my sabatical I composed a crude but working plot for M:Inv and submitted it to Hamish Sinclair. eventually I got a response of "very interesting" but by then my summer was in full swing.

So now that things have settled it's back to business as usual. I'll have a lot more time to focus on my projects and with luck we should see at least an alpha of something but Christmas. I apologize for my recent absence and apathy, but I needed the break.

------------------
The Oracular Net would like to know your favorite color
(url="http://"http://www.axisnet.f2s.com")=Axis Software Integrated=(/url)

Heh, I know the feeling. It's kinda depressing, wot with summer being over and me going back to school.

------------------
Time is the best teacher, yet it kills all of it's students.

Ah, so that's why we never got a copy of the M:Inv plot. I had thought that we'd just stick in our own storyline, but I see that we were also getting the plot approved.
I think that as soon as I implement the S'pht ships and get the Pfhor tuned we could turn out, say, the first 10 levels of M:Inv in alpha form.

As for school being depressing, it really depends on the class. My science classes (Chem and Research (nonstandard)) look to be pretty interesting. I mean, my Chem teacher is insane, and that's always the best kind of science teacher. I was rather amused by how our water treatment plant allows the surface of our tap water to burn. (Yes, really. Probably just gasses escaping, but it looks pretty convinving)

------------------
"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land somewhere and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel.'"
"I fail to see the humor in that situation, Doctor."
"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mister Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchfork "

You didn't have the chemestry teacher with a habit of holding a propane cylinder over an open flame while discussing its explosive power and the odds of everyone in the room dying if it blew up (very high).

------------------
Formerly-Rampant Human-Coded AI

Hmmm, no. I would have had the teacher who had his class build touch bombs, except that he was on exchange with a Polish teacher for that year. Of course, my current teacher has alluded to explosives later in the year, but I have yet to see them 😉

------------------
"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land somewhere and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel.'"
"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mister Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchfork "

Welcome back Sargatanus. I recall writing a post here before, but apparently it must never have been sent. My internet connection's on the blink at the moment.

Personally, I'd have to describe my chemistry teacher as eccentric, rather than actually insane. She has a habit of referring to lab equipment as using male or female pronouns, and describing scientific processes in the first person ("Once I become a gas, I travel up the fractioning filter, then into the condenser..."). Not to mention her apparently complete lack of recognition of danger. When a beaker nearly exploded during a routine test for hydrogen emissions, her only reaction was a mildly surprised "Goodness me, he's collected a lot of hydrogen".

Is it being around chemicals too much which does it, do you think?

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

One could say anybody who enjoys working in such an environment is a bit off their rocker. I know, because my dad's a PhD in chemistry ;).

------------------
(erich)

For me, the holidays are just beginning. While you're all slavering away at school, I'll be slavering away on Hamilton Island.

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

(quote)Originally posted by Vegeta:
**One could say anybody who enjoys working in such an environment is a bit off their rocker. I know, because my dad's a PhD in chemistry:D Nice to know that m:inv will be moving at a pace faster that witv, so maybe ill still be in Highschool when i beta test it 😛

------------------
Newbie bashing = Tactical destruction of possible future threats = NATO
So why cant i do it?

No one who has school anwhere near Aug/Sept to May/June will be in high school when M:Inv comes out - Darkk and I both seem to have the kind of classes that overload homework and Sarg isn't there for any of the Hera work. Now, you might have graduated when WitV comes out, but not M:Inv 😉

------------------